General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Is writing on your hand bad for you?

Started by Relaek · · Last activity · 10 posts · 1,644 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
19 June 2004
Last activity
25 June 2004
Original author
Relaek
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,644
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she sorta
    has a hard time remembering things. So, I was just wondering
    if writing on your hand could lead to ink poisoning or
    anything bad like that.

    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

  2. (Relaek) said:

    My g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she sorta
    has a hard time remembering things. So, I was just
    wondering if writing on your hand could lead to ink
    poisoning or anything bad like that.

    No.

  3. "Relaek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    My g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she sorta
    has a hard time remembering things. So, I was just
    wondering if writing on your hand could lead to ink
    poisoning or anything bad like that.

    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    No.

    In theory, if she gets cut from the pen (assuming it is ball
    point), she could get an infection. However, the odds of
    this I would think are rather small.

    Jeff

  4. Relaek said:

    My g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she sorta
    has a hard time remembering things. So, I was just
    wondering if writing on your hand could lead to ink
    poisoning or anything bad like that.

    It's not.

    --
    Transpose hotmail and mxsmanic in my e-mail address to reach
    me directly.

  5. Relaek said:

    My g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she sorta
    has a hard time remembering things. So, I was just
    wondering if writing on your hand could lead to ink
    poisoning or anything bad like that.

    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    While I don't know the particular consequences of writing on
    your hand all the time, obviously there are some. As most
    people have noted, they might not be that harmful. But
    here's how I look at it... It's not good for you. How about
    being a nice boyfriend and buying her a digital memo
    recorder, a PDA, or a pad of paper?

  6. I've been using the side of my left index finger for short
    term memory for about 35 years. With a ball pen. And I'm
    ferpectly shornmal.

    --

    Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org
    www.mormons.com

    "Relaek" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]... My
    g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she sorta has a
    hard time remembering things. So, I was just wondering if
    writing on your hand could lead to ink poisoning or anything
    bad like that.

    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

  7. Brad Edwards <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Relaek said:

    My g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she
    sorta has a hard time remembering things. So, I was just
    wondering if writing on your hand could lead to ink
    poisoning or anything bad like that.

    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    While I don't know the particular consequences of writing
    on your hand all the time, obviously there are some. As
    most people have noted, they might not be that harmful.
    But here's how I look at it... It's not good for you. How
    about being a nice boyfriend and buying her a digital memo
    recorder, a PDA, or a pad of paper?

    GBelieve me. She won't keep it with her.

  8. Honey! did you see that PDA?

    --

    Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org
    www.mormons.com

    "Brad Edwards" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:40cd1948$0$3013

    How about being a nice boyfriend and buying her a digital
    memo recorder, a PDA, or a pad of paper?

  9. Amanda said:

    Brad Edwards <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Relaek said:

    My g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she sorta
    has a hard time remembering things. So, I was just
    wondering if writing on your hand could lead to ink
    poisoning or anything bad like that.

    Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    While I don't know the particular consequences of writing
    on your hand all the time, obviously there are some. As
    most people have noted, they might not be that harmful.
    But here's how I look at it... It's not good for you. How
    about being a nice boyfriend and buying her a digital memo
    recorder, a PDA, or a pad of paper?

    GBelieve me. She won't keep it with her.

    Why? Don't girls carry purses anymore? Or did that die with
    the feminist movement.

    She carries a pen obviously, since she is writing on her
    hand. I'd be happy to supply links to pens that are capable
    of recording audio.

    Maybe he should look into upgrading girlfriends. Find a
    newer model with a larger memory module.

  10. Brad Edwards <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Amanda said:

    Brad Edwards <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Relaek wrote:

    >My g\f writes on her hand all the time, because she
    >sorta has a hard time remembering things. So, I was
    >just wondering if writing on your hand could lead to
    >ink poisoning or anything bad like that.
    >
    >Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    While I don't know the particular consequences of
    writing on your hand all the time, obviously there are
    some. As most people have noted, they might not be that
    harmful. But here's how I look at it... It's not good
    for you. How about being a nice boyfriend and buying her
    a digital memo recorder, a PDA, or a pad of paper?

    GBelieve me. She won't keep it with her.

    Why? Don't girls carry purses anymore? Or did that die
    with the feminist movement.

    She carries a pen obviously, since she is writing on her
    hand. I'd be happy to supply links to pens that are
    capable of recording audio.

    Maybe he should look into upgrading girlfriends. Find a
    newer model with a larger memory module.

    Well..I had such a habit when i was in college. In my case
    it is usually the phone number if I couldn't find a piece of
    paper handy. So I didn't do it routinely because I usualy
    had some paper. Then, afetr college, i found myself so quick
    in doing that - I want my purse light and so perioically
    when I cleaned it up and remove stuff, I would not have
    anything to write on - I told myself that I need to get rid
    of that habit and look professional and so I did.

    So it is up to her to get rid of that habit and be more
    organized.

    Nowadays, I keep a little tiny book (can be torn off) to
    write things down. Then I tarnsferred the info to my
    electronic address book - I keep it in my purse - so that I
    would have the info wherever I go. I should get something
    better in the future, something that I can write into and
    it will be alphabetically displayed.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.