Im looking for low cost commuting bike, that wont break the bank and something I wont have to worry about leaving outside. I have not heard of these bikes but it looks pretty decent and priced very well. Opinions would be helpful walmart.comproduct.doOpen ↗
I'm no expert at all - in fact, new to all of this myself.
I took a look at the bike you linked to and I think it looks good... not that that means much. I just thought I'd add this question for you to think about - are you planning on commuting far? If you are only going to be on the bike for say 15 minutes at a time its a lot different to 1 hour at a time. If you're going to be in the 15 minute category I'd say (being no expert) that anything at all that gets you from A to B will do. If on the other hand you're going to be in the 1 hour category comfort becomes a considerable factor and it would probably serve you well to test ride a number of bikes then try out the one at walmart (if they let you do that) before making a decision.
Depends on what you want it to do. If you will only be commuting short distance might be all you need. You may find yourself stranded though if you have to go much farther. If this is what you can afford then go for it.
Im looking for low cost commuting bike, that wont break the bank and something I wont have to worry about leaving outside. I have not heard of these bikes but it looks pretty decent and priced very well. Opinions would be helpful walmart.comproduct.doOpen ↗
thanks
No.
Any bike for $150 wouldn't last long enough for you to actually get any use out of it. I'm sure that while it has Shimano components they are most likely the BOTTOM of the line - worse than Sora. Twist shifters on a road bike? GMC name brand? Walmart?
Understand, I am not making fun of you. Far from it. I just hope you don't get yourself into a piece of junk.
You could probably find a good used bike of better quality at a college bike shop or at a garage sale for the same price or less. That's what I would do if $600, the price for a decent intro bike, were too pricey for me.
I appreciate the straight forward information. I think I will scratch that idea.
My commute is about 30 minutes each way. I think I might just stick with my current cross bike which is a schwinn super sport, but how reliable are these schwinns? Its a 2007 model
I appreciate the straight forward information. I think I will scratch that idea.
My commute is about 30 minutes each way. I think I might just stick with my current cross bike which is a schwinn super sport, but how reliable are these schwinns? Its a 2007 model
The Schwinn is a better bike and should serve you much better. Just curious, how much did you pay for it?