Road Cycling · Public discussion

Is anyone watching the Virginia race?

Started by Bill C · · Last activity · 7 posts · 396 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
7 April 2007
Last activity
9 April 2007
Original author
Bill C
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
396
Views / 30 days
10

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Cool to see a race on network TV. OK coverage. Nasty weather. Not a
    hugely active race though.
    I keep wondering where these huge crowds they keep talking about are
    though. The handfull of people you do see are dressed for the Yukon.
    Bill C

  2. Bill C said:

    Cool to see a race on network TV. OK coverage. Nasty weather. Not a
    hugely active race though.
    I keep wondering where these huge crowds they keep talking about are
    though. The handfull of people you do see are dressed for the Yukon.
    Bill C

    I now it's selfish but it was great to have my choice of spots along
    the course. There were lots of folks bunched up at 12th St. on the
    first few laps of the circuit. But the crowds thinned, possibly
    heading towards a warm place or the start/finish or Libby Hill. I
    think the cold weather took its toll on the crowd. After the race, I
    went to grab a bite to eat at a local bar and found where all of the
    fans were hiding. Apparently, I was the dumbass watching it on the
    outside.

  3. On 7 Apr 2007 13:17:31 -0700, "Bill C" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Cool to see a race on network TV. OK coverage. Nasty weather. Not a
    hugely active race though.
    I keep wondering where these huge crowds they keep talking about are
    though. The handfull of people you do see are dressed for the Yukon.
    Bill C

    Arggh, I forgot and only caught the last half hour. It looked like
    good racing. Cool course and finish.

    Nice to see that on a major network. Hope it continues.
    --
    JT
    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  4. email hidden said:

    After the race, I
    went to grab a bite to eat at a local bar and found where all of the
    fans were hiding. Apparently, I was the dumbass watching it on the
    outside.

    Cool -- at least local people were there.
    --
    JT
    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  5. "Bill C" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Cool to see a race on network TV. OK coverage. Nasty weather. Not a
    hugely active race though.
    I keep wondering where these huge crowds they keep talking about are
    though. The handfull of people you do see are dressed for the Yukon.
    Bill C

    But... Once again not the greatest-ever race commentary. Long periods
    where they didn't identify race leaders, and in all their rain gear it
    wasn't easty to figure out what team was which. My personal opinion is that
    the interview with Floyd Landis was totally unneccesary. American
    audiences, as a whole, aren't very knowledgeable about cycling, and for the
    innaugural of a premier race, why cloud the waters?

    Quick! Somebody clone Phil Ligget before it's too late...!

    Caroline

  6. On Apr 7, 5:55 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    On 7 Apr 2007 13:17:31 -0700, "Bill C" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Cool to see a race on network TV. OK coverage. Nasty weather. Not a
    hugely active race though.
    I keep wondering where these huge crowds they keep talking about are
    though. The handfull of people you do see are dressed for the Yukon.
    Bill C

    Arggh, I forgot and only caught the last half hour. It looked like
    good racing. Cool course and finish.

    Nice to see that on a major network. Hope it continues.
    --
    JT
    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

    The end was easily the best part once the chase group gave up and the
    pack finally decided to chase. It was a parade for a long time with
    the two riders just walking away and noone seeming to care. Nice to
    see one of those actually stick for once, no matter the reason. I
    always root for the guys who take a shot and who really go for it.
    Being a homer I was cheering on Tim Johnson too. Didn't see any of
    the Nerac guys. Wonder where they finished?
    Bill C

  7. Caroline said:

    "Bill C" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Cool to see a race on network TV. OK coverage. Nasty weather. Not a
    hugely active race though.
    I keep wondering where these huge crowds they keep talking about are
    though. The handfull of people you do see are dressed for the Yukon.
    Bill C

    But... Once again not the greatest-ever race commentary. Long periods
    where they didn't identify race leaders, and in all their rain gear it
    wasn't easty to figure out what team was which. My personal opinion is that
    the interview with Floyd Landis was totally unneccesary. American
    audiences, as a whole, aren't very knowledgeable about cycling, and for the
    innaugural of a premier race, why cloud the waters?

    Quick! Somebody clone Phil Ligget before it's too late...!

    Caroline

    Geez, I'm not sure anyone should be complaining about 2.5 hours of
    network coverage for a first time event. They even covered it like it
    was a sporting event, without the Ironman-like "human interest"
    stories. The crowds would have been better but for the cold. There
    were about two or three times as many people on Libby Hill for the
    first lap than for the last. Most left for warmer surroundings. The
    race was also the first day of spring break for local schools and many
    are out of town for the week.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.