Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

IRC Mythos XC Slick vs. Michelin Jet S

Started by angotja · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,788 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
25 May 2004
Last activity
26 May 2004
Original author
angotja
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,788
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone riding either of these tires? How do you like them? Any other recommendations for a similar tire? Thanx

  2. I've ridden WTB Racing Raptors. I liked them while I had them for what they were good for. They were closeouts and it wasn't long before they started to split from dry rot. Great on pavement, great on slickrock, good on hardpack, worthless everywhere else.

    I like what I've heard about the Jets but I don't like Michelin's reputation for weak mtb sidewalls. On the other hand, I'm sold on their road tires. I've looked at the Mythos XC Slicks too, but the ones I've seen were closeouts. I have no need for another set of tires with premature dry rot.

    Instead, I will probably be buying Tioga Factory XC Slicks as a replacement in the next few months. The ones I've seen weren't closeouts and I like the tread pattern better than the Mythos too.

  3. I haven't ridden either of the ones you mention, but I run Continental Double Fighter Pros as a semi-slick and they are quite nice both on-road and on hardpack (but a bit hairy anywhere else as you'd expect)

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.