Heartwarming article on possible future CBD pathways and other cycling nirvana:
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
In today's SMH
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 15 August 2006
- Last activity
- 18 August 2006
- Original author
- StankApe
- Posts
- 12
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,652
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
As long as they are not shared pathways.
-
matagi said:
As long as they are not shared pathways.
I'm with you. Your typical shared paths have their place though. Good for Kids, those who wish to go for a meander on the Huffy, & the mostly sedentary who think doing 5/10 ks on the week end at just above walking pace on a bike will strip off the calories from the milk shake a day habit. If [in the city] you need to travel short distances to get around busy roads then that is also useful. So if the shared system gets more people into walking / biking then that is a good thing.
It looks from the article that the shared set up is what is being talked about.
There have been threads before re so called ignorant walkers who do not get out of the way of a 30kph+ biker. Most shared paths, I'd be sure, are not for the wantabes racers [like me 🙂 ]
When during conversation, people find out I ride a bike, they ask do I go on this or that cycle path. Well No, I say, I go on the road. They say :eek: :eek: kidding me that’s too dangerous Um well maybe but I have no other option.
Luckily I have an abundance of rides from home which have a reasonable shoulder for the most part
-
no to shared paths
anywhere -
but shared bike showers OK? 🙁 :p
-
StankApe said:
but shared bike showers OK? 🙁 :p
Do you often take your bike into the shower? 😉
-
I agree shared paths are great for the granparents and the 5 year olds to get on and have a weekend meander. When it comes to serious riding though, road is the only option that gives you spead and distance. The majority of bikeways in Brisbane go nowhere. They start at a park or place of interest and in 5klm they stop dead. Is this a brisbane thing or does it happen everywhere?
-
matagi said:
Do you often take your bike into the shower? 😉
Doesn't everyone 😕 😎 -
I have to say while i perfer bike only bikeways shared bikeway can be good and very validas long as they don't slap a speed limit on them😠 . That said this is only if there is a low useage of the way. When it comes to high useage seperated paths are required.
Yes many Bikeway is brissy do not go anywhere atm but they have been built with the future in mind and some have been built with a desination in mind (a shopping center or transport station).
beauyboy
Ps I am sure i saw that professer when he came up to brissy he was very good at showing what happens over seas
-
StankApe said:
but shared bike showers OK? 🙁 :p
ooops
i dropped the wd40 mind picking it up 🙂
-
matagi said:
Do you often take your bike into the shower? 😉
in these dry dusty days of drought and water restrictions, every little bit helps... :p -
Jeytown said:
ooops
i dropped the wd40 mind picking it up 🙂
you checking out my bottom bracket or my cluster? :eek:
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.