General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

"In Defense of Sandra Lee"

Started by me · · Last activity · 30 posts · 734 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
15 January 2006
Last activity
26 January 2006
Original author
me
Posts
30
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
734
Views / 30 days
5

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 30
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
    how SL keeps a show on Food Network...

    http://www.citypages.com/databank/27/1310/article14025.asp

    Not that I happen to agree ...

    sd

  2. me said:

    Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
    how SL keeps a show on Food Network...

    http://www.citypages.com/databank/27/1310/article14025.asp

    Not that I happen to agree ...

    Wow: " In another, she took cultural awareness to a new level by
    pouring Corn Nuts (yes, the preferred convenience store snack of
    Heathers everywhere) on a Kwanzaa cake. (Don't believe me? Run a
    search on the Food Network website.)"

    serene

  3. me <[email hidden]> looking for trouble wrote in news:sd55117-
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
    how SL keeps a show on Food Network...

    http://www.citypages.com/databank/27/1310/article14025.asp

    Not that I happen to agree ...

    sd

    Bwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhaaaa... Cody sounds like a complete idiot. She needs
    to mimic the unpretentious <smirk> style of Sandra Lee. IMO her style is
    not unpretentious but kitchen ignorant.

    Michael

    --
    Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    Hoot about to [censored] the snack out of my mouth:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrw3o.jpg

    Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg


  4. Quoted message said:

    me <[email hidden]> looking for trouble wrote in news:sd55117-

    Quoted message said:

    Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
    how SL keeps a show on Food Network...

    http://www.citypages.com/databank/27/1310/article14025.asp

    Not that I happen to agree ...

    sd

    Sandra Lee is why everyone thinks blondes are ditzy.

  5. me said:

    Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
    how SL keeps a show on Food Network...

    Another wordsmith with nothing to say.

    Food network has her on because much of their lineup is [censored] and she
    fits right in. Her cooking is *not* "how most of America actually
    cooks". Most of America is not that stupid.

    nb

  6. serene said:

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:01:06 -0600, me <[email hidden]> wrote:
    Wow: " In another, she took cultural awareness to a new level by
    pouring Corn Nuts (yes, the preferred convenience store snack of
    Heathers everywhere) on a Kwanzaa cake. (Don't believe me? Run a
    search on the Food Network website.)"


    I'm remembering now why I don't have cable... 😉

    Karen MacInerney
    Kitchen experimenter, family chauffeur, and culinary mystery author
    www.karenmacinerney.com

  7. Karen MacInerney said:


    serene said:

    On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:01:06 -0600, me <[email hidden]> wrote:
    Wow: " In another, she took cultural awareness to a new level by
    pouring Corn Nuts (yes, the preferred convenience store snack of
    Heathers everywhere) on a Kwanzaa cake. (Don't believe me? Run a
    search on the Food Network website.)"


    I'm remembering now why I don't have cable... 😉

    Heh. Yep. I'm pretty clueless about all things TV (except for the
    handful of shows I watch with my partner on DVD at his house -- The
    West Wing, Lost, Alias, Buffy...)

    serene

  8. notbob said:

    Food network has her on because much of their lineup is [censored] and she
    fits right in. Her cooking is *not* "how most of America actually
    cooks". Most of America is not that stupid.

    Um...

    Mr. Mencken says you're wrong.

    So do Mr. McDonald's, Mr. Frozen Pizza, and Mr. Twinkie...

    --Blair
    "The 'good food' aisle at the supermarket is not very long..."

  9. Michael \'Dog3\' Lonergan said:

    Bwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhaaaa... Cody sounds like a complete idiot. She needs
    to mimic the unpretentious <smirk> style of Sandra Lee. IMO her style is
    not unpretentious but kitchen ignorant.

    Yeah, what was that "unpretentious" about? The woman is one of the
    most pretentious hosts on television, and I'm including Emeril and Bobby
    Flay in that assessment. She won't even use a blender unless it's the
    same color as her decor.
    As for the article, it sounds like the author has been researching the
    subject right here on RFC. Some of what was in the article was almost
    verbatim from our discussions of the show.

    Stacia

  10. Blair P. Houghton said:

    Mr. Mencken says you're wrong.

    So do Mr. McDonald's, Mr. Frozen Pizza, and Mr. Twinkie...

    I don't know who "Mr. Mencken" is, but I'll take a Big Mac and a
    Twinkie any day before I'd eat some of the [censored] Sandy whips up.
    Using tomato soup for spaghetti sauce and putting ice cream in beer is
    simply absurd. There's no doubt in my mind she does a lot of it just
    to create controversy and get attention. Anyone can make a salami
    milkshake, but why would they?

    nb

  11. notbob said:

    On 2006-01-16, Blair P. Houghton <[email hidden]> wrote:
    Using tomato soup for spaghetti sauce and putting ice cream in beer is
    simply absurd.

    I've had beer milkshake. It's not bad, if you use the right beer.

    Quoted message said:

    There's no doubt in my mind she does a lot of it just
    to create controversy and get attention.

    That's what being 6 feet tall, skinny, and blonde does for her. The
    cooking thing
    is just so you won't think it's a still picture.

    --Blair

  12. Blair P. Houghton sez:

    Quoted message said:

    I've had beer milkshake. It's not bad, if you use the right beer.

    In Steinbeck's "Cannery Row," Doc drinks a beer milkshake near the end of
    the novel; if I recall, he didn't much care for it.

    I like good beer. I like milkshakes. But not, I think, together.

    Spitz
    --
    "Home, James, and don't spare the horses!"

  13. Blair P. Houghton said:

    I've had beer milkshake. It's not bad, if you use the right beer.

    Nonsense. How many have you had since? My two favorite foods are
    beer and ice cream and I'd no more put them together than I'd put
    ketchup on a banana cream pie. Sand-for-brains has to do this stuff
    on purpose. No one with an ounce of good taste would mix the stuff
    she does.

    For example, the spaghetti sauce she did. She starts out sauteing
    onions and garlic and adds mushrooms and ground beef and herbs. This
    is dead on for the foundation of a good spaghetti sauce. All she had
    to do is add canned spaghetti sauce or just plain ol' canned tomato
    sauce or paste or puree. But, no. She adds a can of tomato soup!
    What a load of [censored]. Who do you know that would go through all that
    effort only to ruin it up with canned soup? She's ridiculous.

    nb

  14. In article <[email hidden]>,

    notbob said:

    I don't know who "Mr. Mencken" is,

    <http://www.io.com/gibbonsb/mencken/>

    --
    to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

    <http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

  15. notbob said:
    me said:

    Article in the local free "alternative weekly" that may help explain
    how SL keeps a show on Food Network...

    Another wordsmith with nothing to say.

    Food network has her on because much of their lineup is [censored] and she
    fits right in. Her cooking is *not* "how most of America actually
    cooks". Most of America is not that stupid.

    nb

    Actually, I am convinced she is satire.
    -L.

  16. notbob said:
    Blair P. Houghton said:

    Mr. Mencken says you're wrong.

    So do Mr. McDonald's, Mr. Frozen Pizza, and Mr. Twinkie...

    I don't know who "Mr. Mencken" is, but I'll take a Big Mac and a
    Twinkie any day before I'd eat some of the [censored] Sandy whips up.
    Using tomato soup for spaghetti sauce and putting ice cream in beer is
    simply absurd. There's no doubt in my mind she does a lot of it just
    to create controversy and get attention. Anyone can make a salami
    milkshake, but why would they?

    nb

    I've seen where she makes a root-beer float on her beer show, but when
    did she ever put ice-cream in regular beer?

  17. tsr3 said:


    I've seen where she makes a root-beer float on her beer show, but when
    did she ever put ice-cream in regular beer?

    Well, don't I feel stupid! I didn't see the beer show and obviously
    mis-read the thread bashing her for her root beer float. I've seen
    a couple other shows, though, and she's still ridiculous. I quit
    watching.

    nb

  18. There is no defense,and there is no excuse,for Sandra Lee.

  19. notbob said:
    tsr3 said:


    I've seen where she makes a root-beer float on her beer show, but when
    did she ever put ice-cream in regular beer?

    Well, don't I feel stupid! I didn't see the beer show and obviously
    mis-read the thread bashing her for her root beer float. I've seen
    a couple other shows, though, and she's still ridiculous. I quit
    watching.

    nb

    I rarely watch her, but I must admit she has two obvious talents.

    modom

  20. In article <[email hidden]>,

    modom somebody said:


    I rarely watch her, but I must admit she has two obvious talents.

    Rachel Ray's are obviouser.

    -A

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.