"Patrick" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Hi,
Finished the Rock n Roll marathon, but suffered from ITB syndrome the last four miles, stopped
running, and have been doing cycling, and lately 25-30 minutes on Stairmaster without pain.
Any recommendations on weight training to help the healing/avoid a reoccurrence? Looking for
specific exercises and machines to use and/or avoid...
Went through the same thing about a year ago. Here's what I did then in the way of weight-training
(as recommended by a sports trainer).
1) Sideway leg lifts: in my Gymn, there is this machine that allows you to stand on one foot while
you lift a weight with your free leg sideways. Don't do a lot of weight, just enough to make it
work, and do the ITB stretch between sets.
2) Single knee lifts: on the same machine, I can turn and, while standing on one foot, lift the
weight with the free knee.
These two exercises have done away with my ITB woes. I keep doing them even now, once or twice a
week. As with all things in running, YMMV.
--
ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º
eNo
"If you can't go fast, go long."
ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º