What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob
Double click the images to see a larger photo.
Thanks!
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob
Double click the images to see a larger photo.
Thanks!
still me said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob
Double click the images to see a larger photo.
Thanks!
Seatpost looks like a Nuovo Record, could be from anywhere between the
'50s and '80s. RD is either Victory or Triomphe - Victory had grey
pulleys, Triomphe had black, and this one is missing them.
still me said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob
Double click the images to see a larger photo.
The post looks like a Record post from the 70s; the derailleur a
"Victory" from the mid-80s.
--
John ([email hidden])
still me said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob
Double click the images to see a larger photo.
#1044 Record seat post, Victory Corsa rear changer
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
Quoted message said:still me said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob
Double click the images to see a larger photo.
Hank Wirtz said:Seatpost looks like a Nuovo Record, could be from anywhere between the
'50s and '80s. RD is either Victory or Triomphe - Victory had grey
pulleys, Triomphe had black, and this one is missing them.
Yup, and the top bolt's missing, too.
I had to look at a #18 catalog to see the lower cage pattern of a
Victory and Triomphe side-by-side.
Victory.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971
still me said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
Quoted message said:
It's little known that campy also offered their posts in 130mm
(shortie) versions ; this one might be a shortie. The post is a heavy
(300 gram when full-length) nuovo-record type, on the the superleggera
posts you can see all the way through the seatpost in the middle pivot
hole that supports the saddle rail carriers. Superleggeras have walls
2.6 mm thick whereas Nuovo Records are 3.0 mm thick.
Derailleur looks like a victory. The victory had a cage more like
super record ; the triomphe had a pulley cage more like nuovo record.
This cage is super-record type. I have a 1985 trek 510 with triomphe
right here in my office on my lunchtime bike and your picture aint
triomphe....
- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Dans le message de news:[email hidden],
Donald Gillies <[email hidden]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
Quoted message said:I have a 1985 trek 510 with triomphe
right here in my office on my lunchtime bike
I thought I was rich because I have a winter bike :-(
--
Sandy
--
C'est le contraire du vélo, la bicyclette.
Une silhouette profilée mauve fluo dévale
à soixante-dix à l'heure : c'est du vélo.
Deux lycéennes côte à côte traversent
un pont à Bruges : c'est de la bicyclette.
-Delerm, P.
On 28 May 2007 13:32:55 -0700, [email hidden] (Donald Gillies)
Quoted message said:still me said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
Quoted message said:It's little known that campy also offered their posts in 130mm
(shortie) versions ; this one might be a shortie. The post is a heavy
(300 gram when full-length) nuovo-record type, on the the superleggera
posts you can see all the way through the seatpost in the middle pivot
hole that supports the saddle rail carriers. Superleggeras have walls
2.6 mm thick whereas Nuovo Records are 3.0 mm thick.Derailleur looks like a victory. The victory had a cage more like
super record ; the triomphe had a pulley cage more like nuovo record.
This cage is super-record type. I have a 1985 trek 510 with triomphe
right here in my office on my lunchtime bike and your picture aint
triomphe....- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Thanks for all the help boys.
"Quid lucrum istic mihi est?" - John Archibald Dortmunder
On Mon, 28 May 2007 02:10:19 GMT, still me <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob
Double click the images to see a larger photo.
Thanks!
The post is a Campagnolo 3800 (Gran Sport). The photo of the
derailleur doesn't provide enough detail for me to distinguish it as
either Victory or Triomphe with certainty.
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Comprehensive catalogue of track equipment: online since 1996
http://www.businesscycles.com
-------------------------------
How can you tell the difference between a 3800 Gran Sport seat post and a
1044 Record seat post - especially from this picture?
I always though that the 3800 GS seatposts were just a re-badged 1044 with
maybe a different logo.
The 1975 Campy catalog doesn't show the 3800. I can't find it in any
catalog until 1982.
Chas.
"John Dacey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:"Quid lucrum istic mihi est?" - John Archibald Dortmunder
On Mon, 28 May 2007 02:10:19 GMT, still me <[email hidden]>
Quoted message said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/wheeledbob
Double click the images to see a larger photo.
Thanks!
The post is a Campagnolo 3800 (Gran Sport). The photo of the
derailleur doesn't provide enough detail for me to distinguish it as
either Victory or Triomphe with certainty.-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Since 1983
Comprehensive catalogue of track equipment: online since 1996
http://www.businesscycles.com
-------------------------------
"Donald Gillies" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:still me said:What derailleur is (was) this and what model seat post is this?
Quoted message said:It's little known that campy also offered their posts in 130mm
(shortie) versions ; this one might be a shortie. The post is a heavy
(300 gram when full-length) nuovo-record type, on the the superleggera
posts you can see all the way through the seatpost in the middle pivot
hole that supports the saddle rail carriers. Superleggeras have walls
2.6 mm thick whereas Nuovo Records are 3.0 mm thick.Derailleur looks like a victory. The victory had a cage more like
super record ; the triomphe had a pulley cage more like nuovo record.
This cage is super-record type. I have a 1985 trek 510 with triomphe
right here in my office on my lunchtime bike and your picture aint
triomphe....- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
The 1974 Campy catalog lists 130mm as "standard" and 180mm as "long". In
the 1975 catalog they reversed the nomenclature. I recall seeing an even
shorter seatpost that Campy made for small Cinelli frames, 90mm or 100mm.
I think that the 1044/a Supperleggera seatposts that were the same as the
4051 Super Record seatposts but without the flutes milled into the shaft.
They have the same 2.6mm wall thickness and the aluminum seat supports.
I always thought that the 3800 Gran Sport seatposts were just rebadged
1044 Record seatposts with maybe a different logo. I've never seen the 2
together to compare them.
Chas.
* * Chas said:I always thought that the 3800 Gran Sport seatposts were just rebadged
1044 Record seatposts with maybe a different logo. I've never seen the 2
together to compare them.
What would the difference in logo be ?
"still me" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:* * Chas said:I always thought that the 3800 Gran Sport seatposts were just rebadged
1044 Record seatposts with maybe a different logo. I've never seen the
2
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:together to compare them.
What would the difference in logo be ?
I'm not sure because I haven't looked closely at a GS seat post in a long
time.
I started switching all of my bikes over to the old style Campy 2 bolt
seat posts because (with the right wrench) they are really easy to
precision adjust the seat nose angle.
I have at least 3 different Campy logos on my 2 bolt seat posts. If the GS
seat post is the same as the old Record models, they sell for a lot less
on eBay.
Chas.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.