UK and Europe · Public discussion

I'm Off Christmas Shopping

Started by Not Responding · · Last activity · 7 posts · 614 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
21 December 2004
Last activity
21 December 2004
Original author
Not Responding
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
614
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Compared to my track record for buying pressies, I'm getting it done
    incredibly early. It also includes shopping for me on my wife's
    behalf/behest at the LBS.

    First stop; at the jewelers to collect something sparkly for her. Then
    on to the LBS to be measured for The Bike, my first road bike. It won't
    be ready for Christmas of course but that's OK as it's the second of two
    bikes that I might be getting for Christmas.

    My hatred for shopping and going into town appears to be weaker than
    usual, today.


  2. Quoted message said:

    First stop; at the jewelers to collect something sparkly for her. Then
    on to the LBS to be measured for The Bike, my first road bike. It won't
    be ready for Christmas of course but that's OK as it's the second of two
    bikes that I might be getting for Christmas.

    Two bikes! you lucky guy,as a matter of interest what
    make of road bike are you getting or are you gonna keep
    us all in suspense until christmas day?

  3. weecrackpot said:
    Quoted message said:

    First stop; at the jewelers to collect something sparkly for her. Then
    on to the LBS to be measured for The Bike, my first road bike. It won't
    be ready for Christmas of course but that's OK as it's the second of two
    bikes that I might be getting for Christmas.

    Two bikes! you lucky guy,as a matter of interest what
    make of road bike are you getting or are you gonna keep
    us all in suspense until christmas day?

    Discussed previously, it's this:

    http://www.tifosi-cycles.co.uk/frames/ck7.html

    Maybe not sufficiently full-on road bike for some but it's the first
    skinny tyred, drop barred bike I'll have owned since I was 14. After
    consultating the panel here, went for Campag Veloce triple.

    John at Sivyer Cycles could not have been more helpful; spending an hour
    talking through options and measuring for size.

  4. "Not Responding" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    weecrackpot said:
    Quoted message said:

    First stop; at the jewelers to collect something sparkly for her. Then
    on to the LBS to be measured for The Bike, my first road bike. It won't
    be ready for Christmas of course but that's OK as it's the second of two
    bikes that I might be getting for Christmas.

    Two bikes! you lucky guy,as a matter of interest what
    make of road bike are you getting or are you gonna keep
    us all in suspense until christmas day?

    Discussed previously, it's this:

    http://www.tifosi-cycles.co.uk/frames/ck7.html

    Maybe not sufficiently full-on road bike for some but it's the first
    skinny tyred, drop barred bike I'll have owned since I was 14. After
    consultating the panel here, went for Campag Veloce triple.

    John at Sivyer Cycles could not have been more helpful; spending an hour
    talking through options and measuring for size.

    Let us know when your'e doing an audax then we can come and dribble
    (metaphirically of course!) over your new bike.

    Happy Christmas
    Julia

  5. Not Responding wrote:
    ... my first road bike. It won't

    Quoted message said:

    be ready for Christmas of course but that's OK as it's the second of two
    bikes that I might be getting for Christmas.

    Damn! I went and asked for socks again.
    --
    Brian G

  6. JBB said:

    Let us know when your'e doing an audax then we can come and dribble
    (metaphirically of course!) over your new bike.

    As I've not really done any proper cycling for over a year, I'll need to
    get some practice in before I try another audax. However, looking at the
    calendar, if I'm not at Denmead on 5th Feb, I'll probably miss 2005
    events altogether.

    5th of Feb gives me 1 month to get some training in. The Denmead events
    from then onwards start getting a bit silly (from my POV). But it would
    be really stretching it a bit to get from injured couch potato to
    audaxer in 5 weeks, I think.

  7. "Not Responding" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    JBB said:

    Let us know when your'e doing an audax then we can come and dribble
    (metaphirically of course!) over your new bike.

    As I've not really done any proper cycling for over a year, I'll need to
    get some practice in before I try another audax. However, looking at the
    calendar, if I'm not at Denmead on 5th Feb, I'll probably miss 2005 events
    altogether.

    5th of Feb gives me 1 month to get some training in. The Denmead events
    from then onwards start getting a bit silly (from my POV). But it would be
    really stretching it a bit to get from injured couch potato to audaxer in
    5 weeks, I think.

    Well there's 107 from Lymington on 8th May - a lot easier than most of the
    Denmead routes. I did this with my sister last year and popped home for
    beans on toast for lunch. Otherwise there is a 101 from Denmead on 13th
    August which gives you more time to prepare. Whatever you decide; and I
    think you're right about 5 weeks training being a bit short, enjoy your new
    bike.

    Julia

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.