rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

hydrapak halts production Hip Sip 70

Started by forget_your_life · · Last activity · 14 posts · 835 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
30 April 2004
Last activity
1 May 2004
Original author
forget_your_life
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
835
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. in my quest for a differant water bag I talked to Hydrapac and found out
    that the hip sip 50 and the 70 ouncers are to be no more.there are
    making a new one that will only be 32oz

    looks like the big volume water bags for the waist just are not popular
    enough to stay in production by Hydrapak,Camelbak or anyone...bummer

    http://www.hydrapak.com/PACKS/hipSip70.html

    --
    forget_your_life - #3649 plus_your_life

    [image:
    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/bunnyjumping.gif]
    dream one dream many....
    *'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  2. seems like waist packs would be favoured by runners.

    I noticed today that runners like to have about 5 or 6 small water
    bottles around the waist...I'm thinking that this would help balance out
    the load best, as they drink the water.

    --
    Sofa - you - pee - dee

    'Mommy!!! :eek: He's on a..........thing!!!!!........Wheel!!!!!!!!!!'
    - Some kid

    'Unicycle Product Reviews' (http://tinyurl.com/368h6) *107* reviews on
    *72* products

    'London Unicycling Club Website ' (http://www.brianmackenzie.com/LUC/)
    version 3.02

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  3. Jagur, Deuter makes the best fitting pack I have ever put on my back...
    I don't own one and have never used one on the trail but my next pack
    will be a Dueter.

    http://www.nsmb.com/gear/deuter_09_2001.php

    http://www.deuter.com/english/index.htm

    --
    zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  4. zod said:

    *Jagur, Deuter makes the best fitting pack I have ever put on my
    back... *


    you've got to be kidding me? that thing is massive! i would sweat like a
    dog (pigs dont sweat) in that thing...

    --
    forget_your_life - #3649 plus_your_life

    [image:
    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/bunnyjumping.gif]
    dream one dream many....
    *'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  5. they make smaller ones dude.... :p Deuter is just the brand name

    http://www.deuterusa.com/Product/Hydration.htm

    --
    zod - Icey Hot Stunta(z)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    zod's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3631
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  6. in my quest for a differant water bag I talked to Hydrapac and found out
    that the hip sip 50 and the 70 ouncers are to be no more.there are
    making a new one that will only be 32oz

    looks like the big volume water bags for the waist just are not popular
    enough to stay in production by Hydrapak,Camelbak or anyone...bummer

    http://www.hydrapak.com/PACKS/hipSip70.html

    --
    forget_your_life - #3649 plus_your_life

    [image:
    http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albums/albup23/bunnyjumping.gif]
    dream one dream many....
    *'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  7. Thanks Jagur. I'm going to REI tomorrow to see if they can get me a Hip
    Sip 70. The 70 oz. one is not in their online catalog. I hope they can
    get it along with an extra bladder. Otherwise it's off to the internet
    to find one.

    I bought my CamelBak Bandido right before it got discontinued. The
    Bandido is a 70-something ounce hip pack. I seem to get things like
    that right before they kill the product. My Bandido isn't going to last
    forever and I need a replacement soon.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  8. Thanks Jagur. I'm going to REI tomorrow to see if they can get me a Hip
    Sip 70. The 70 oz. one is not in their online catalog. I hope they can
    get it along with an extra bladder. Otherwise it's off to the internet
    to find one.

    I bought my CamelBak Bandido right before it got discontinued. The
    Bandido is a 70-something ounce hip pack. I seem to get things like
    that right before they kill the product. My Bandido isn't going to last
    forever and I need a replacement soon.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  9. forget_your_life said:

    *you've got to be kidding me? that thing is massive! i would sweat
    like a dog (pigs dont sweat) in that thing... *

    I thought dogs didn't either, hence the panting.

    --
    Gumbo
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gumbo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3258
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  10. forget_your_life said:
    zod said:

    *Jagur, Deuter makes the best fitting pack I have ever put on my
    back... *


    you've got to be kidding me? that thing is massive! i would sweat
    like a dog (pigs don't sweat) in that thing...

    You'd sweat through your paws?

  11. I have a smaller Deuter for long-distance backpacking. It has a mesh
    screen that keeps the pack off your back. So massive sweating is not a
    key element of their line. In fact, that's one of their marketing
    points.

    I wouldn't say that it's the supreme pack in the world, but it's pretty
    nice and has a good size/weight ratio.

    I bought the pack while hikinh north on the Pacific Crest Trail and it
    met me in Lone Pine. I was having trouble with my back and thought it
    might be because I didn't have a waist belt. Now I think it was a
    combination of my shoes collapsing and my leg/back structure, which is
    not really that great. Although I became sick after getting the pack
    and had to leave the PCT, I did use the pack later for about 150 miles
    of the Long Trail in Vermont, in snow, rain, and heat. It has a handy
    built-in rain cover.

    --
    U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.

    '29er Tire Study' (http://u-turn.unicyclist.com/29erTireStudy/)

    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup39)

    'New York Unicycle Club' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)

    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/691
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  12. Gumbo said:

    *I thought dogs didn't either, hence the panting. *


    Next time you need to say something like that, just say you'll sweat
    like John Hooten! He sweats a LOT. Notice his imprint after a ride on an
    amazingly humid day in China at Unicon X:

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: hootensweat.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/207007|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

    John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone
    "jfoss" at "unicycling.com"
    www.unicycling.com

    "I should be wearing a helmet here -- so should you." -- George Peck,
    who almost never wears one, in the 1991 video Rough Terrain Unicycling
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  13. johnfoss said:

    *Next time you need to say something like that, just say you'll sweat
    like John Hooten! He sweats a LOT. Notice his imprint after a ride on
    an amazingly humid day in China at Unicon X (attached). Can you
    recognize the shirt he was wearing? *

    Do the muni!😄

    See, when I have to say stuff like that, I can just say "I'd sweat
    like... myself!" On downieville and moab, my camelback pads felt like
    unsqueezed sponges.

    As for the hip-sip and others, would it ber possible to costomize
    something? Could you link a couple of 32oz bladders, so it would still
    fit on the waist, but still hold 64oz? There -has- to be some solution.
    Mabey you could get a friend who's a seamstress to make you one. One of
    my friends is currently trying to make a set of Roach DH pads. Is there
    a way to take a regular 2 or 3 litre bladder and set it up so it's lower
    slung? Just a few of what I imagine to be many potential solutions.

    --
    gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

    Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
    army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gerblefranklin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4295
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

  14. gerblefranklin said:

    *Could you link a couple of 32oz bladders, so it would still fit on
    the waist, but still hold 64oz? There -has- to be some solution.*


    How about a Y connection and valves (CamelBak has valves)? Check with
    aquarium suppliers for Ys.

    --
    brian.slater - Nellfurtiti, the Wonder Cat

    Brian C. Slater
    AKA: Snoopy

    Ok, I am now officially in my normal state of -advanced- confusion.
    Don't try to confuse me, it won't make any difference.

    "To not decide is to decide" - undecided
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    brian.slater's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3902
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/32166

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.