Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Hutchinson Scorpion UST

Started by T_blood · · Last activity · 13 posts · 1,243 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
26 May 2003
Last activity
29 May 2003
Original author
T_blood
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,243
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria and
    they have been backordered forever. Trying to find them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike

  2. "T_Blood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria and
    they have been backordered forever. Trying to


    find

    Quoted message said:

    them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike


    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
    mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

    -Bob

  3. Bob said:

    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
    mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

    -Bob

    Which are? <G>

    Barry

  4. "Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "T_Blood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
    and they have been backordered forever. Trying to


    find

    Quoted message said:

    them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike


    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the Hutchinson
    mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

    -Bob

    I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3 or
    a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
    resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding to
    get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the only
    place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
    consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
    right...Mike

  5. Quoted message said:

    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST.

    Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is

    Cheers

    Chris

    --
    ===========================================================

    Live fast, crash faster

    mtbbikes.co.ukmtbbikes.co.uk

  6. Don't know if they're in stock -- but here's a link showing availability:
    bikeman.comtubelesshutchscorpust.htm

    HTH, BigfootDenny

    "T_Blood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria and
    they have been backordered forever. Trying to


    find

    Quoted message said:

    them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike

  7. "T_Blood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    "Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "T_Blood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
    and they have been backordered forever. Trying to


    find

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike


    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
    Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

    -Bob

    I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3
    or a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
    resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding
    to get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the
    only place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
    consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
    right...Mike

    No offense intended, but I havent seen many free ride type bikes with tubeless tires on them.

  8. Quoted message said:

    No offense intended, but I havent seen many free ride type bikes with tubeless tires on them

    None taken....the Giant ACDS 2 comes stock with UST. giant-bicycles.com0
    30.000.006.asp?lYear=2002&bikesection=8793&range=40&model=10454

  9. "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/a@> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Bob said:

    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
    Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

    -Bob

    Which are? <G>

    Barry

    Open line gets that response.....

    Everything! Mud, slime, roots dry and wet, logs, some basalt rock, then ball bearing dry dirt going
    to sand. Hmmm, even some nice mtn pine needle trails...

  10. Bob said:


    "B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <n/a@> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Bob said:

    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
    Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

    -Bob

    Which are? <G>

    Barry

    Open line gets that response.....

    Everything! Mud, slime, roots dry and wet, logs, some basalt rock, then ball bearing dry dirt going
    to sand. Hmmm, even some nice mtn pine needle trails...

    Thanks!

    I was thinking of trying those tires, and now that you've elaborated, your conditions sound
    similar to mine. I'm pretty happy with the Scorpion UST's I've got on there now, but I'd like a
    little more "tooth".

    Barry

  11. In article <[email hidden]>, noMDTruebloodspam@t- online.de says...

    Quoted message said:


    "Bob" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "T_Blood" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Anyone have any idea where I can find a set of these in 2.3? I had a set ordered from Cambria
    and they have been backordered forever. Trying to


    find

    Quoted message said:

    them elsewhere, but with not a lot of luck...Mike


    Try the panaracer FireXCPro UST. They are really nice at 2.1 IMHO. Just dumped both the
    Hutchinson mosquittos and python UST and find the pana far superior for my riding conditions.

    -Bob

    I agree the Panaracers are a great tire..I run the 2.10's on my XC bike...I was looking for a 2.3
    or a little bigger for my FR bike. It currently has the Michelin DH comps and I find the rolling
    resistance and weight just a little much for me since a still do a little climbing and XC riding
    to get to my playgrounds.Problem is I am having trouble locating them. Like I said Cambria is the
    only place I could find the 2.3's at and they have been backordered for 2 weeks now. I also would
    consider any other good all around aggressive tire if I knew anything about them and the price was
    right...Mike

    Yiou might have an easier time finding the non tubless version and it would be cheaper, and lighter
    even with a tube.
    --
    _________________________
    Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia ramsays-online.comramsays-online.com

  12. Quoted message said:

    Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is

    Well, I've been running FireXC's for a while, but I'm also interested in the NBX. How's the rolling
    resistance, any better than Panaracers?

  13. Juho Huttunen <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Just stopped using the FireXC .... Nokian NBX, that's were the grip is

    Well, I've been running FireXC's for a while, but I'm also interested in


    the NBX. How's

    Quoted message said:

    the rolling resistance, any better than Panaracers?

    Who GAF? Buy the Nokians, and you'll never look back!.............Probably, heheheheh.........

    Hey, they make damned fine tyres, and I have never heard anyone complain about lack of grip with any
    of them. I say, if you are looking for low rolling resistance, go slick or semi-slick, if you want
    grip in a multitude of conditions, go with a good aggressively treaded tyre. If it's a free ride
    tyre you're after, then Nokian make a 2.3 Gazzaloddi that is IMNSHO exceptional, and no where near
    as costly as the 2.6 or 3.00 versions.

    Shaun aRe - No, Nokian don't pay my salary, worst luck.....

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.