Zwifts advanced training planning tools are often touted as the ultimate solution for cyclists looking to optimize their training, but Im starting to think thats just a myth perpetuated by the Zwift fanboys. I mean, how many of you are actually using these tools to their full potential? And by that, I mean creating truly customized workout plans that take into account individual rider characteristics, not just copying and pasting cookie-cutter plans from the internet.
Ive tried to use Zwifts workout builder, but the more I dig into it, the more I realize how limited it is. The default plans are just that - default. They dont account for my specific fitness level, my power output, or my goals. And dont even get me started on the lack of flexibility when it comes to customizing intervals. Its all so... basic.
So, Im calling out all the Zwift experts out there: how do you actually use the advanced training planning tools to create a truly customized workout plan? Are you just using the default plans and tweaking them slightly, or are you actually taking the time to create a plan from scratch? And if so, how do you account for variables like fatigue, recovery, and nutrition?
Im not looking for generic answers like just use the workout builder or check out this tutorial on YouTube. I want to know the nitty-gritty details of how youre actually using these tools to optimize your training. And if youre not using them at all, then be honest about it. Are we just pretending to be advanced cyclists, or are we actually putting in the work to create truly customized training plans?
And another thing, whats the point of having a smart trainer if its not going to give me real-time feedback on my workout plan? Is Zwift just a fancy way of saying virtual ride or is there actually some substance behind the training planning tools? Im starting to think its all just hype.