Cycling Training · Public discussion

How To Train for Weekly Race Series?

Started by strader · · Last activity · 1 post · 960 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
23 October 2007
Last activity
23 October 2007
Original author
strader
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
960
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have been racing in a weekly Sunday cyclocross series and have been wondering what is the best way to train. Right now my weekly schedule looks something like this:

    Mon: SST 1 hour
    Tues: 4x5 @ L5
    Wednesday: SST 1 hour
    Thursday: 2x20 @ L4
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Easy/'cross skills
    Sunday: Race

    So my training block really begins on race day with a high-intensity race (lots of L5+), then a easier SST day, then a hard L5 day, easier SST day, hard L4 day, then two days of rest before the race. I would like to stimulate a miny peak for each sunday race which is why I put in the two rest days before, but I'm not sure if it works that way.
    The final two races in the series are in the last week of November and first week of December, and I'm planning to taper for those two races. My goals are to increase FTP as much as possible by the end of the series (6 weeks from now). Given that the 'cross races so far have been on hilly courses with lots of L5+ work should I even bother training L5/L6 during the week? I am also curious what type of schedules others have come up with for weekly racing.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.