UK and Europe · Public discussion

how to measure aluminium nipples?

Started by Taka · · Last activity · 9 posts · 413 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
18 August 2005
Last activity
21 August 2005
Original author
Taka
Posts
9
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
413
Views / 30 days
8

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–9 of 9
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello Everyone,

    Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
    Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
    the measurements into the spoke calculator.

    Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
    Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?

    Thank you!
    Taka

  2. Taka said:

    Hello Everyone,

    Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
    Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
    the measurements into the spoke calculator.

    Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
    Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?

    Measure overall length, top to bottom, outside to outside.

    12mm is the norm.

    ~PB

  3. <Taka> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello Everyone,

    Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
    Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
    the measurements into the spoke calculator.

    Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
    Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?

    Thank you!
    Taka

    Twiddle them and see the reaction?

  4. "LSMike" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Twiddle them and see the reaction?

    They'd get bigger... 😉 Due to heat being transferred from the fingers and
    generated in the twiddling motion...

    Which gives rise to the question: Should you measure the nipples 'before' or
    'after' ?

    Rich

  5. LSMike said:

    <Taka> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello Everyone,

    Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
    Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
    the measurements into the spoke calculator.

    Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
    Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?

    Thank you!
    Taka

    Twiddle them and see the reaction?

    On which subject, why, when buying wheel building supplies, am I *always*
    served by a woman?

    Am I unusually shy if I blush when asking for them?
    --
    Ambrose

  6. <Taka> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hello Everyone,

    Recently I bought some aluminium DT Swiss 14g nipples.
    Unfortunately it doesn't tell me how long they are - in order to put
    the measurements into the spoke calculator.

    Can anyone tell me which parts to measure?
    Do I measure the square section (where I will place the wrench)?

    Thank you!
    Taka

    There's definitely a Jordan & Peter Andre joke in here somewhere, I just
    know it...

    Cheers, helen s ;-)

  7. wafflycat said:


    There's definitely a Jordan & Peter Andre joke in here somewhere, I just
    know it...

    I was thinking something more along the lines of robo-colyer.

    regards, Ian SMith
    --
    |\ /| no .sig
    |o o|
    |/ \|

  8. "Ian Smith" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    I was thinking something more along the lines of robo-colyer.

    regards, Ian SMith

    Aye there's definitely something there on that theme ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  9. Ambrose Nankivell said:
    Quoted message said:

    Twiddle them and see the reaction?

    On which subject, why, when buying wheel building supplies, am I *always*
    served by a woman?

    Am I unusually shy if I blush when asking for them?

    Don't be so childish about it! Oh, and could you pick me up a g string for
    my guitar and gender changer for my null modem cable while you are out
    please? There is a piece of audio equipment called an aural exciter too.
    :-)

    --
    ***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
    http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.
    http://www.unmusic.co.uk/amh-s-faq.html - alt.music.home-studio
    http://www.unmusic.co.uk/ukodb - uk outdoor bargain noticeboard.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.