General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

how to lose muscle body mass

Started by olda · · Last activity · 11 posts · 511 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 June 2005
Last activity
25 June 2005
Original author
olda
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
511
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am just a normal girl majoring non-sports...I am not a athelet and
    never thought my body type as athelet's. I started 4 hrs workout a
    week ago to be in shape. I gained 20 pounds and want to just shed 10
    pounds out.

    I am now 134 lbs and 5'6 tall. I always thougt I have had more fat//or
    body water than muscle, but then i checked body fat yesterday and it
    was only 13%. it is very low body fat and ....maybe suitable for women
    athelets.

    I want to get leaner muscle on my thigh..but the body fat made me
    think...like if there's more muscle on my thigh, then should I quit
    eating proetin...and start eating more carbs? Am I thinking alright?
    my thighs are getting shaped since i have worked out. I do strides,
    tradmils with 7% hill, and...some cycle.

    I wonder whether I keep eating protein more than carbs..., somehow I
    will get bulkier thighs. 🙁

    Anyways, I need really good advice. plz help me out

  2. Quoted message said:

    Anyways, I need really good advice. plz help me out>

    Pics would help.

  3. olda said:

    I am just a normal girl majoring non-sports...I am not a athelet and
    never thought my body type as athelet's. I started 4 hrs workout a
    week ago to be in shape. I gained 20 pounds and want to just shed 10
    pounds out.

    I am now 134 lbs and 5'6 tall. I always thougt I have had more fat//or
    body water than muscle, but then i checked body fat yesterday and it
    was only 13%. it is very low body fat and ....maybe suitable for women
    athelets.

    I want to get leaner muscle on my thigh..but the body fat made me
    think...like if there's more muscle on my thigh, then should I quit
    eating proetin...and start eating more carbs? Am I thinking alright?
    my thighs are getting shaped since i have worked out. I do strides,
    tradmils with 7% hill, and...some cycle.

    I wonder whether I keep eating protein more than carbs..., somehow I
    will get bulkier thighs. 🙁

    Anyways, I need really good advice. plz help me out

    Continue training, but cut back on your diet. Run a calorie deficit and
    your body will burn LBM for fuel. I would stay with the protein over carbs
    simply because carbs are calorie dense. If you need to, start a free
    profile on Fitday.com and track what you eat. Shoot for a calorie deficit
    of 500 to 1000 per day, but no more than 1000. That will do it.
    --
    -Larry

  4. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I want to get leaner muscle on my thigh..but the body fat made me


    think...like if there's more muscle on my thigh, then should I quit
    eating proetin...and start eating more carbs? Am I thinking alright?
    <<

    1) Place your legs in casts for 8-12 weeks
    2) Eat 800 calories/day for 8-12 weeks

  5. olda said:

    I am just a normal girl majoring non-sports...I am not a athelet and
    never thought my body type as athelet's. I started 4 hrs workout a
    week ago to be in shape. I gained 20 pounds and want to just shed 10
    pounds out.

    I am now 134 lbs and 5'6 tall. I always thougt I have had more fat//or
    body water than muscle, but then i checked body fat yesterday and it
    was only 13%. it is very low body fat and ....maybe suitable for women
    athelets.

    Fat measurement methods are notoriously inaccurate.
    If you have gained 20 pounds recently it is *extremely*
    unlikely that you are at 13% bodyfat.

    --
    Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    olda said:

    I am just a normal girl majoring non-sports...I am not a athelet and
    never thought my body type as athelet's. I started 4 hrs workout a
    week ago to be in shape. I gained 20 pounds and want to just shed 10
    pounds out.

    Are you claiming you gained 20lbs of msucle in a week or am I missing
    something?

    Quoted message said:


    I am now 134 lbs and 5'6 tall. I always thougt I have had more fat//or
    body water than muscle, but then i checked body fat yesterday and it
    was only 13%. it is very low body fat and ....maybe suitable for women
    athelets.

    Checked it how?

    Quoted message said:


    I want to get leaner muscle on my thigh..but the body fat made me
    think...like if there's more muscle on my thigh, then should I quit
    eating proetin...and start eating more carbs? Am I thinking alright?
    my thighs are getting shaped since i have worked out. I do strides,
    tradmils with 7% hill, and...some cycle.

    Then why worry?

    Quoted message said:


    I wonder whether I keep eating protein more than carbs..., somehow I
    will get bulkier thighs. 🙁

    Anyways, I need really good advice. plz help me out

    I need JPEGS for "really good" advice.

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

  7. i gained 20 lbs long before. (1 and half year ago) and then I worked
    out ... thanks

  8. checked in my exercise class with some electronic scale.

  9. Thanks~~ I will stand by with your advice~

  10. Thanks~~ I will stand by with your advice~

  11. In article <[email hidden]>,

    olda said:

    checked in my exercise class with some electronic scale.

    As I figured, those are essentially worthless. Still waiting for those
    jpegs...

    Quoted message said:

    --
    Will Brink @ http://www.brinkzone.com/

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.