rec.sport.unicycling ยท Public discussion

How much is YOUR uni worth?

Started by leadpan ยท ยท Last activity ยท 37 posts ยท 386 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
8 October 2007
Last activity
23 October 2007
Original author
leadpan
Posts
37
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
386
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21โ€“37 of 37
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. harper said:

    For sale. $2500 OBO.

    ๐Ÿ˜•:eek:

    --
    MuniAddict

    "On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
    man."๐Ÿ˜‰

    My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

    My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MuniAddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12920
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  2. ntappin said:

    O man I almost don't want to know how much my unis are worth. I have
    spent alot on them.

    My coker (still not built yet): drilled airfoil, 14g stainless spokes,
    coker frame, skinny hub, 29er tube, double jump pedals, 125 alu qu-ax
    cranks, nimbus seatpost and clamp, freeride seat, stem/aerobar handle
    setup, TA tire.

    150 for the rim, 105 for the tire, 60 for the pedals, 75 for spokes and
    seatpost, 12 for clamp, 60 for seat, 15 for handles, 50ish for frame,
    plus probably another 50 for the wheelbuild. So about 575 for the coker
    (better than I thought).

    For my trials though I have put a crapload of money in it, just from
    breaking stuff and changing parts.

    Original no good trials uni, k-1 hub and cranks, wheelbuild 1 and
    powdercoating, new seat 1, KH rim, wheel build 2, double jump pedals,
    new seat 2, CF base, Nimbus clamp, animal hamilton pedals, longer
    cranks.

    So thats 270 for the original, 250 for hub and cranks, 40 for
    wheelbuild 1, 130 on seats, 90 on seatbase, 55 I think on the rim, 60
    on the pedals, 12 on clamp, 40 on wheelbuild 2, 46 on pedals, 70 on
    cranks, plus I had to wait a rediculously long time twice when wanting
    new cranks, but one set was free.

    That is a total of 1063 that I have spent on it.

    *People always think that buying custom unis gets them something
    special but really if i had just bought a KH and a luna tire I would
    have ended up at basically the same uni I have now but saved like 400
    bucks*.

    Well yea for you. My customs will be great though.

    --
    wickedbob

    R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

    jerrick said:

    I think we should get off the topic off kinky/horny girls and unicycles,
    and back to creepy horny men.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wickedbob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14353
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  3. harper said:

    For sale. $2500 OBO.

    <Darth Vader impression>
    NooOoooOooooOoo!
    </Darth Vader impression>

    :eek:

    ๐Ÿ˜‰

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Never Wash Your Muni
    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
    (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
    (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  4. Is a KH Pro muni with Profile cranks still worth $1,600?

    What about a KH Pro trials with Profile cranks?

    They have nice steel frames that won't break. ๐Ÿ˜„

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Never Wash Your Muni
    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
    (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
    (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  5. john_childs said:

    <Darth Vader impression>
    NooOoooOooooOoo!
    </Darth Vader impression>

    Hey. What are you worried about? You have it now anyway. You either
    choose not to sell it or pocket the $2500 or whatever it's "worth."

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    *jc is the only main man. there can be no other.*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  6. harper said:

    Hey. What are you worried about? You have it now anyway. You either
    choose not to sell it or pocket the $2500 or whatever it's "worth."

    This is so true. I'll consult with Tom(b).

    --
    john_childs

    john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com
    Team Never Wash Your Muni
    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/3d57bn) :: 'Unicycling Bookmark List'
    (http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/) :: 'World Clock'
    (http://tinyurl.com/2blym3)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  7. harper said:

    For sale. $2500 OBO.

    Carol might be interested in your Delft.

    I have a first generation, collectors edition, DX. That must be worth
    much more than original purchase price; any takers? Other than my
    priceless SH MUni, the rest of my unis are depreciating.

    --
    UniBrier

    Steve

    Hop Drop & Roll

    โ€œIf something is to hard to do, then it's not worth doing. You just
    stick that guitar in the closet next to your
    shortwave radio, your karate outfit and your unicycle and we'll go
    inside and watch TV.โ€ โ€“ Homer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  8. uhhh
    the first DX is a 2004? i don't beleive i have seen any before that,
    can you show some pictures. if it is that one... it probably isn't
    worth much...

    --
    skrobo

    Quoted message said:

    <> Unicycle For Christ <><


    'my video!' (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58465)
    ____________________________________________
    -last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  9. estimate cost, (I'm not going to look up the prices)

    Radial 360 $339
    Nimbus36Frame 120
    airfoil 90
    spokes 80 ( actually from 'the unicycle factory' !)
    cranks 26
    T7 70
    post 20
    seatCover 19
    rubber Grips 10
    locknut's 2
    $~780

    OMG, I am sorry I added that up. Good thing I love to ride that
    unicycle.

    Dam, and I didn't add include the UDC hub, new seat clamp, pedals, and
    the shipping costs!

    Hmm, I've replaced everything but the seat base plastic. I had
    forgotten that I didn't buy it as a complete Nimbus 36.

    Good thing I sold the old parts, as almost a complete Radial for $100,
    but oh yeah, that include a very slightly used ($60) Coker tire.

    Don't get me started on my Nimbus 24" Muni, which has become a KH 24"
    piece by piece, (Even replaced the plastic seat base with a Carbon
    fiber base).

    --
    Chrashing

    Regards,
    Ken ...

    The Beatles, best friends the world has ever had.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  10. i have the qu-ax real trial (not cross) w/ a cut down seat, all parts
    stock, nothing added. and its the older one, before the reinforced
    seatpost w/ trianlge thingy, and befor the ISIS hub. if i sold it id
    prob ask like $250... but id prob only sell it if i got a KH and needed
    some more$$$

    --
    oneisenough

    Plaeze x-cuze mi spelin' (If its wrong):p
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oneisenough's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14061
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  11. My unicycle is worth over $2,600 it has Schlumpf Hub, Double Wall
    Airfoil Rim, 36โ€™โ€™ Kris Holm Frame, Magura Hydraulic Brakes, Air Saddle,
    and all the other stuff

    --
    hendyjr05
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hendyjr05's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/15996
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  12. hendyjr05 said:

    My unicycle is worth over $2,600 it has Schlumpf Hub, Double Wall
    Airfoil Rim, 36โ€™โ€™ Kris Holm Frame, Magura Hydraulic Brakes, Air Saddle,
    and all the other stuff

    I have a N36 with a Schlumpf hub being built now, and I cant wait

    --
    Daytripper63

    The happiest people don't have the best of everything.... they just make
    the best of everything.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  13. hendyjr05 said:

    My unicycle is worth over $2,600 it has Schlumpf Hub, Double Wall
    Airfoil Rim, 36โ€™โ€™ Kris Holm Frame, Magura Hydraulic Brakes, Air Saddle,
    and all the other stuff

    You need to post a picture of that.

    I bet it's super sexy with that KH frame.

    --
    Borgschulze

    'deviantART'
    (http://borgschulze.deviantart.com/)'Gravity'
    (http://videos.observedtrials.net/Gravity.wmv) is -not- the
    issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Borgschulze's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13501
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  14. Borgschulze said:

    You need to post a picture of that.

    I bet it's super sexy with that KH frame.

    Alright paris hilton. Seriously whats with the "that's sexy" thing? I
    am just asking because everybody says oh I bet that looks sexy, but I
    don't see it.

    --
    wickedbob

    R.I.P MITCH HEDBERG

    jerrick said:

    I think we should get off the topic off kinky/horny girls and unicycles,
    and back to creepy horny men.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    wickedbob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14353
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  15. Bondo said:

    I bought my Schwinn Giraffe in 1983 for $210.

    I got mine in 1980 for $109. I wouldn't sell it for $1000. Market price
    for a "standard" one is probably in the $400-600 range. Mine has all
    the hardware rechromed so its shinier than it originally was. But it's
    not for sale.

    I have what may have been the first Miyata in America. A picture of it
    was shown in the USA Newsletter in 1978. Similar to the Miyata Deluxe
    that was later available, only with a steel rim, gumwall tire and
    cottered cranks. Unfortunately it's developed some rust over the years.
    Garages and basements aren't the best possible places to store
    unicycles. It's not for sale.

    I have a Loyd unicycle (predecessor of the Schwinn) with what appears
    to be the original seat on it. I paid around $50 on eBay for it.

    I have a DM ATU, the first unicycle (not custom-) made with a splined
    hub. Not sure how much I would let it go for...

    Harper, what are the specs on that $2500 beauty? Harper hub?

    --
    johnfoss

    John Foss
    Email: "jfoss" at "unicycling.com" -- www.unicycling.com
    -----------------------------------------------

    Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
    lately?"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    johnfoss's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/832
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  16. johnfoss said:

    Harper, what are the specs on that $2500 beauty? Harper hub?

    Yes. It's the original BlueShift. It has one of the first two hubs I
    made. It has a redesigned, hardened axle and the second iteration
    internal parts. Steve Howard custom frame, triple drilled Kookas from
    Phil (pdc), and Primos, all blue anodized. It has a 27.2mm seatpost
    with tilt rail adapter and airseat. There is exactly one in the world.

    --
    harper

    -Greg Harper

    *jc is the only main man. there can be no other.*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    harper's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/426
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

  17. Nimbus 36 SE - 600
    KH Saddle - 50
    T7 used - 20
    WAY too many cranks - ~80
    Custom (but not fancy) brake - ~50

    Thats $800 without shipping

    (not selling it)

    --
    scotthue
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    scotthue's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14601
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/64747

    Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.usenet.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users ยท 0 guests ยท0 bots ยท0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.