• 16-20 pounds

Votes: 120 9.2%
  • 21-25 pounds

Votes: 810 62.3%
  • 26 pounds or more

Votes: 371 28.5%

• Total voters
My Felt F45 is about 18.5 lbs
My Gary Fisher Tassajara feels like it weighs a ton after picking up the Felt. :)

Memphmann said:
You have a good point. Less expensive to change a bottleholder then other equipment. But in reality why? Guess if you have the $$ to waste it makes sense. Most of us on this site are not Pro racers. So weight has little to do with our rides. Who are we really racing besides ourself. Upgrades like these are not done to save weight, but to show off our bikes. That is why every Sunday, I fly by these older (mainly wealthy guys) riders with brand new bikes and equipment. Put a smile on my face when I drop them. They try to keep up, but with 1 or 2 days/week on their legs. They have little hope. Fancy bikes and equipment does not make a rider....

Memph

Yes but remenber it's not always about you and me on the road! Sometimes, (I am that older guy that gets passed...SIGH!) it is instead, at the end of the day, about your time around the usual ride or last year's century time.
My new Seven Axiom (Chorus gruppo, Velomax Orion 2 wheels, FSA carbon triple crank, post, bars and headset, and speedpla Ti) will come in about #17.5. That will drop #5 from my current bike. I waited until I had dropped #15 from my body to order the bike! You 25 year olds will understand that later!! Heh! I can't wait to take it up the hills that I usually do and have my time drop.
All we have around here in Southern Oregon is hills and dropping #5 will make this 56 year old body VERY HAPPY!
John

Tour Easy recumbent long wheel base. Advertised weight is 30 lbs. However, just weighted bike on digital scale and weight is 42 lbs. But, that includes a full faring rated at 2.5 lbs, rear rack plus bag. Shouldn't add up to 42 lbs, but does. Guess the advertised weight is slightly off. Oh well, still rides better and faster than my old upright (Fuji) at 23 lbs.

BOB500

I have a Quattro Assi Attack. It weighed in at 20.4 pounds on my bike shop's farmer's scale.

I have the following frame/components on my hand-picked and assembled bike:

1. Easton aluminum 7005 tubing with carbon fork and seat post
2. Campagnolo Mirage triple rear derailleur with Mirage shifters/brakes
3. Campagnolo Veloce triple front derailleur and Veloce brake calipers
4. FSA aluminum triple crank (Older crank, similar to their Gossamer and yes, they're grandpa gears- no $$$ to change it yet) and FSA bottom bracket and handlebars.
5. Cane Creek headset
6. Bontrager racing stem
7. Speedplay X-3 pedals
8. Serfas Aria racing saddle
9. Alex DA-22 double-walled rims
10. Profile Airstryke aerobars

Not the lightest bike around, but it'll do...

Cheers

Road Bike: GT Ti Forte - 19 lbs (fully equipped)

Mountain Bike: IBEX 880 - 23 lbs (also fully equipped)

Commuter: 1986 Colnago - 22 lbs

Cannondale Black Lightning road bike, 14 sp....22 lbs.
Just bought it last summer for $50 at a lawn sale, and I love it so far. I'm going to start doing some small triathalons if my legs will take the pounding again (cross country runner in my younger days).

GT Rebound mountain bike, 21 sp..................34 lbs.
Bought this last spring for $15 at a local bike shop, needed everything so I rebuilt it myself. Got it to do something to take the place of ice skating for the summer, to keep my legs in shape and the weight off. Now I like cycling more than ice skating, go figure!

Randal Lovelace said:
I just weighed both of the bikes if have....

Huffy Blue Ridge 18sp MTB - 34 pounds.....

Lotus Elan 12sp Road bike - 25 pounds....

How much does the bike you ride weigh?
Airborne Corsair (Ti frame mountain bike) = 26 pounds
Raleigh C500 Hybrid refitted as a cyclocross = 24 pounds
Record equipped Merlin Solis = 16 pounds and a few ounces

James Hessler
Cyclist at Large

Fuji team superlight road bike - 15.2lbs
Jamis Dakota XC bike ~25lbs
Jamis Nova CX bike ~23lbs
Free Agent BMX bike ~15lbs

Randal Lovelace said:

'04 Pinarello Opera (steel) with Campy Record 10 and Campy Proton Wheels. 18 lbs with pedals and cages.

'02 Pinarello Surprise (aluminum) with Ultegra components, Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork and Mavic Ksyrium Elite's. 18.5 lbs with pedals and cages. Saved close to a half pound when I upgraded the fork.

'91 Pinarello Veneto (lugged Steel) with Shimano 105 and Shimano R540 wheels. 22 lbs but still rides like a dream.
:cool:

Randal Lovelace said:

'05 Giant TCR 2 Composite (out the box w/0 pedals):
8.04kg (17.7 lbs.)

I am not sure. The advertised weight of the frame is 2.9 pounds for a frame that is a couple of sizes larger. It has a lot of parts and would take a lot of time and effort to weigh them all. If I had to guess, I would say somewhere between 14.29375 and 20.71034 pounds total. :cool::D:p:confused:;):)

GT Avalanche 1.0 plus after market bits; about 28 or so lbs. Heavy compared to some, but it's just fine for me doing XC and on my budget :D

Bianchi Cr-Mo tourer w/carbon fork 10.5 kg (23 lb)
KHS Cr-Mo tandem 20 kg (44 lb)
Shed about 1 kg when I replaced the original Cr-Mo fork on the Bianchi with carbon.
tandem goes downhill real fast with 125 kg of riders aboard.