General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Home from the Farmers Market

Started by Felice Friese · · Last activity · 8 posts · 109 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
29 June 2007
Last activity
1 July 2007
Original author
Felice Friese
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
109
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. With (among other items) some eat-'em-now tomatoes, fresh mozzarelle and
    today's Italian bread. Only one thing to do: cube the works, sliver some
    basil, and toss with olive oil and Banyuls vinegar.

    Dessert will be strawberries picked this morning. On the last trip I brought
    home a quart of berries from the same farm, and didn't have to toss out a
    one.

    My cup runneth amuck.

    Felice

  2. Sounds great- what time? 🙂 I still need to figure out what's on the
    menu at my house! My 9 year old is with his Dad until the first week
    of August, so dinner isn't the first thing I have to worry about as
    soon as I get home from work- a nice break!

  3. "merryb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Sounds great- what time? 🙂 I still need to figure out what's on the
    menu at my house! My 9 year old is with his Dad until the first week
    of August, so dinner isn't the first thing I have to worry about as
    soon as I get home from work- a nice break!

    The tomato and mozz combo is history, but if you can make it to Boston
    within the hour I'll share the berries with you!

    And, yes, it's a rare treat not to have to deal with dinner as soon as you
    get home from (your other) work.

    Felice

  4. Felice Friese said:

    With (among other items) some eat-'em-now tomatoes, fresh mozzarelle and
    today's Italian bread. Only one thing to do: cube the works, sliver some
    basil, and toss with olive oil and Banyuls vinegar.

    Dessert will be strawberries picked this morning. On the last trip I brought
    home a quart of berries from the same farm, and didn't have to toss out a
    one.

    My cup runneth amuck.

    Felice

    I'd slice the bread, toast it on both sides and rub both sides with
    garlic. Then drizzle it with good olive oli and top with a thick
    slice of tomato. Sea salt as needed (depends on the mozzarella),
    fresh ground pepper and basil. Finish with a slice of the mozzarella.

    That was lunch today.

    -Mark

  5. <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Felice Friese said:

    With (among other items) some eat-'em-now tomatoes, fresh mozzarelle and
    today's Italian bread. Only one thing to do: cube the works, sliver some
    basil, and toss with olive oil and Banyuls vinegar.

    Dessert will be strawberries picked this morning. On the last trip I
    brought
    home a quart of berries from the same farm, and didn't have to toss out a
    one.

    My cup runneth amuck.

    Felice

    I'd slice the bread, toast it on both sides and rub both sides with
    garlic. Then drizzle it with good olive oli and top with a thick
    slice of tomato. Sea salt as needed (depends on the mozzarella),
    fresh ground pepper and basil. Finish with a slice of the mozzarella.

    That was lunch today.

    -Mark

    I hope you enjoyed it! That reminds me I have some focaccia in the freezer
    so I'll do the tomato and mozz combo on that next time I have both on hand.
    (Basil is a staple, and I have some French grey sea salt as well.)

    Felice

  6. Felice Friese said:

    With (among other items) some eat-'em-now tomatoes, fresh mozzarelle
    and today's Italian bread. Only one thing to do: cube the works,
    sliver some basil, and toss with olive oil and Banyuls vinegar.

    Dessert will be strawberries picked this morning. On the last trip I
    brought home a quart of berries from the same farm, and didn't have
    to toss out a one.

    My cup runneth amuck.

    Felice

    Share please! LOL...

    I have a boston butt in the crock pot with some garlic and beef stock.
    I'm gonna shred it later and add some sauce for sandwiches. Mixed
    fruit and cake for dessert. And I also bought some tomatoes that I'll
    probably toss with salt, and some local evoo and balsamic that a friend
    gave me.

    --
    -Gina in Italy

    Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy

  7. "ravenlynne" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Felice Friese said:

    With (among other items) some eat-'em-now tomatoes, fresh mozzarelle
    and today's Italian bread. Only one thing to do: cube the works,
    sliver some basil, and toss with olive oil and Banyuls vinegar.

    Dessert will be strawberries picked this morning. On the last trip I
    brought home a quart of berries from the same farm, and didn't have
    to toss out a one.

    My cup runneth amuck.

    Felice

    Share please! LOL...

    I have a boston butt in the crock pot with some garlic and beef stock.
    I'm gonna shred it later and add some sauce for sandwiches. Mixed
    fruit and cake for dessert. And I also bought some tomatoes that I'll
    probably toss with salt, and some local evoo and balsamic that a friend
    gave me.
    --
    -Gina in Italy

    You're on, Gina! You bring the sandwiches (aren't Boston butts versatile?)
    and I'll bring the berries to go with your cake. Meet you mid-ocean.

    Felice

  8. Felice Friese said:


    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Felice Friese said:

    With (among other items) some eat-'em-now tomatoes, fresh mozzarelle and
    today's Italian bread. Only one thing to do: cube the works, sliver some
    basil, and toss with olive oil and Banyuls vinegar.

    Dessert will be strawberries picked this morning. On the last trip I
    brought
    home a quart of berries from the same farm, and didn't have to toss out a
    one.

    My cup runneth amuck.

    Felice

    I'd slice the bread, toast it on both sides and rub both sides with
    garlic. Then drizzle it with good olive oli and top with a thick
    slice of tomato. Sea salt as needed (depends on the mozzarella),
    fresh ground pepper and basil. Finish with a slice of the mozzarella.

    That was lunch today.

    -Mark

    I hope you enjoyed it! That reminds me I have some focaccia in the freezer
    so I'll do the tomato and mozz combo on that next time I have both on hand.
    (Basil is a staple, and I have some French grey sea salt as well.)

    Felice

    It was fantastic! The tomatoes were from West Tennessee (via the
    local fruit market) and very ripe. The mozz was made that day at a
    local deli/market - got the bread there too - ciabatta - they bake it
    daily. The basil was from my garden.

    I recommend letting it sit for 15 minutes or so to let the tomato
    juice soak into the bread.

    - Mark

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.