UK and Europe · Public discussion

Hmmm.. Do I need this lot?

Started by wafflycat · · Last activity · 32 posts · 1,192 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
20 January 2006
Last activity
21 January 2006
Original author
wafflycat
Posts
32
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,192
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–32 of 32
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. wafflycat said:

    Have just sat & done a spot of p*nct*re repairing following last
    weekend's p*nct*re-fest.

    At the same time I've tided up the black hole that is the inner depths
    of my bar bag..

    Contents were:-

    Shades with interchangeable lenses for differing light conditions (or
    individual shades)

    Prescription Specs

    2 x cable locks

    1 x D-lock

    Inner tube (or two)

    Patches

    Tyre irons

    Spare dust cap for tube

    Cable ties

    Small roll insulation tape

    Bits of rubber for packing out purposes

    Diary

    Note pad

    Small pr scissors

    Bottle opener

    Small hairbrush

    Insect repellent

    Multi-tool

    Contact lens case

    Contact lens fluid

    Deodorant

    Lip salve

    Antihistamine tablets

    Headache tablets

    Spare sets of AA & AAA batteries

    Compact mirror

    Small bottle 4711

    Spare red blinkie

    Pen

    Cheque book

    Small purse containing small amount of cash, CTC & club membership cards

    Various route maps from recent cycle rides

    Small white LED torch

    Shoulder strap for bar bag

    Rain cover for bar bag

    I think I'm starting to develop too much of a 'just-in-case' trait...

    Cheers, helen s


    Have you read Mrs Armitage on wheels by Quentin Blake? I think you may
    have been the inspiration for it! (My kids call me Mrs Armitage for the
    same reason!)
    Jo

  2. wafflycat said:


    Contents were:-

    Shades with interchangeable lenses for differing light conditions (or
    individual shades)


    <snip

    Quoted message said:


    Rain cover for bar bag

    You didn't find any of my missing socks in there by any chance did you?

    --
    Tony

    "The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the
    right."
    - Lord Hailsham

  3. "wafflycat" <w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Have just sat & done a spot of p*nct*re repairing following last weekend's
    p*nct*re-fest.

    At the same time I've tided up the black hole that is the inner depths of
    my bar bag..

    Sounds like you are halfway to becoming an Audax UK member you do need to
    add some sticky buns though.
    M

  4. wafflycat said:

    Have just sat & done a spot of p*nct*re repairing following last weekend's
    p*nct*re-fest.

    At the same time I've tided up the black hole that is the inner depths of
    my bar bag..

    Contents were:-

    <snip long list>

    Where's the kitchen sink?

    --
    Chris

    In 1750 Issac Newton became discouraged when he fell up a flight of stairs.

  5. "Tony Raven" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You didn't find any of my missing socks in there by any chance did you?

    No socks but I am wondering to whom the red leather thong belongs to...

    Cheers, helen s

  6. wafflycat said:

    No socks but I am wondering to whom the red leather thong belongs to...

    Ahem!

    Erm. What can I say?

    Just stick it in the post, will you? I'd been wondering where that got to.

    --
    Danny Colyer <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>
    Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>
    "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine

  7. "Danny Colyer" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    wafflycat said:

    No socks but I am wondering to whom the red leather thong belongs to...

    Ahem!

    Erm. What can I say?

    Just stick it in the post, will you? I'd been wondering where that got
    to.

    Oh dear... well at least it wasn't b*bs.. and yes, I still have the pics ;-)

    Cheers, helen s

  8. "Jo" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Have you read Mrs Armitage on wheels by Quentin Blake? I think you may
    have been the inspiration for it! (My kids call me Mrs Armitage for the
    same reason!)
    Jo

    No, but it seems I shall have to read it :-)

    Cheers, helen s

  9. On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:03:28 +0000 (UTC), "wafflycat"

    w*a*ff£y£cat*@£btco*nn£ect.com said:

    Have just sat & done a spot of p*nct*re repairing following last weekend's
    p*nct*re-fest.

    At the same time I've tided up the black hole that is the inner depths of my
    bar bag..

    Contents were:-

    Shades with interchangeable lenses for differing light conditions (or
    individual shades)

    Prescription Specs

    2 x cable locks

    1 x D-lock

    Inner tube (or two)

    Patches

    Tyre irons

    Spare dust cap for tube

    Cable ties

    Small roll insulation tape

    Bits of rubber for packing out purposes

    Diary

    Note pad

    Small pr scissors

    Bottle opener

    Small hairbrush

    Insect repellent

    Multi-tool

    Contact lens case

    Contact lens fluid

    Deodorant

    Lip salve

    Antihistamine tablets

    Headache tablets

    Spare sets of AA & AAA batteries

    Compact mirror

    Small bottle 4711

    Spare red blinkie

    Pen

    Cheque book

    Small purse containing small amount of cash, CTC & club membership cards

    Various route maps from recent cycle rides

    Small white LED torch

    Shoulder strap for bar bag

    Rain cover for bar bag

    I think I'm starting to develop too much of a 'just-in-case' trait...

    My barbag list is longer than yours...

    Rubber solution
    Chalk
    Sandpaper
    Patches x 3
    Crayon
    2 pairs of cycle gloves
    Empty packed lunch box
    10 x Mayor's charity ride sponsor forms
    Mobile phone
    Mobile phone case
    £5 note
    Camera
    Camera case
    Spare camera battery
    8 x parental consent forms for journalist photographs
    2 x small dry leaves!
    8 x bike lock keys + key ring
    Bungee
    Small blue comb
    4 x first class stamps
    Fixing band for Topeak Redlight
    1st aid kit bag
    Survival bag
    Adhesive tape 1.25m
    8 x assorted plasters
    6 Large plasters (10 x 6cm)
    2 large plasters with a bit or two missing
    2 x compressive bandages
    Dressing pad
    Scissors
    Asthma pump
    4 x disposable gloves
    7 x germoline antiseptic wipes
    Instruction booklet
    Table of contents
    5 x tyre levers
    150mm adjustable spanner
    Dumbell spanner
    8 piece allen key set
    2 x flat end screw drivers
    Phillips type screwdriver
    8, 9, 10mm Y spanner
    11, 13, 14mm Y spanner
    2 x Topeak Redlights (with fixing bands)
    Football valve needle

  10. wafflycat said:


    "Jo" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Have you read Mrs Armitage on wheels by Quentin Blake? I think you may
    have been the inspiration for it! (My kids call me Mrs Armitage for
    the same reason!)
    Jo

    No, but it seems I shall have to read it :-)

    Cheers, helen s


    Yes, definitely! It's very funny (in a childish way). You should have
    been reading it to Nathan somewhere around 15 years ago.
    Jo

  11. This is embarrassing! :-) ......

    BUM BAG (for all rides):
    Mobile phone
    Keys - door, bike locks, Tranz X
    Wallet (inc ID, paper, Tyre Boot, coins)
    Puncture kit
    Topeak Toolbar with 4 & 5mm hex, 2 flat sd, phillips sd
    5 & 6mm long hex bits in holder
    8/10mm Everest spanner
    2, 2.5, 3mm Allen keys in holder
    Pencil
    Vaseline & small rags
    Germaline bites & stings spray
    Spokey Pro
    Compass (mini)
    Chapstick
    Plasters
    Antiseptic & cleansing wipes
    Asprin (to give to anyone suffering a heart attack)
    Presta-to-Schrader adapter
    Glueless patches & sandpaper - backup
    Derailleur limit screw (long), nut & washer
    Insulating tape on a peg
    String
    HPX pump spare parts
    Cable tie - reuseable
    Vinyl gloves
    Hankechief

    CARRIER BAG (for both bikes, swapped between saddlebag and panniers):
    Cable lock
    ID
    Bog paper
    Antiseptic wipes
    Elastic bands
    Powerlink
    Chain tool
    Scissors (mini, from SwissCard)
    Polythene sheeting
    Puncture kit - backup
    Cable ties
    Fiberax spoke kit
    Spoke nipples - 12, 14, 16mm
    Rim tape - short piece

    ROAD BIKE SADDLEBAG (for road bike only):
    Mini pump & CO2 inflator (when not using HPX)
    Inner tube - ultralight
    4 & 5mm Allen keys
    Cleat covers

    COURIER BAG (short trips only):
    Puncture kit
    Inner tube

    PANNIER POCKETS (for tourer only):
    Antiseptic wipes
    Inner tube - main
    Tyre levers
    Vinyl gloves
    Cable ties
    String
    Tranz X key - backup
    3, 5, 6mm Allen keys
    8mm allen key adapter
    10mm spanner - lightweight backup
    Gear cable (thin light one)
    6mm bolt (alloy), nut & washers
    Valve core
    Brake pad cartridge
    Rag
    Inner tube - ultralight narrow backup
    Luggage strap - medium duty
    Bungie - light duty

    ~PB

  12. Pete Biggs said:

    This is embarrassing! :-)

    Too right it is!

    I usually carry my stuff in my pockets.

    All rides

    Wallet - ID credit card and a little cash.
    Keys - maximum of four at any one time; house, car, bike lock,
    parents' or brothers' houses

    Longer rides

    Spare tube and puncture kit - solution, sandpaper, patches, one or two
    levers - currently I am using a teaspoon as I have mislaid my designed
    for purpose levers. Mini pump if I'm on the folder, the road bike has
    a frame fit pump. A couple of Tunnock's caramel bars.

    During winter

    Chapstick.

    And that's about it.
    --
    Phil Cook looking north over the park to the "Westminster Gasworks"

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.