Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Here she is - my first road bike!

Started by PhatG · · Last activity · 17 posts · 1,485 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
24 September 2006
Last activity
26 September 2006
Original author
PhatG
Posts
17
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,485
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–17 of 17
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My Bella in front of her Bruto (Alfa Romeo 147GTA #100/100 - the last of the Italian 3.2 V6s)

    [IMG]i27.photobucket.comMecanoinfrontofGTASide.jpg[/IMG]

    [IMG]i27.photobucket.comMecanoinfrontofGTARear.jpg[/IMG]

    [IMG]i27.photobucket.comMecanoagainstwall.jpg[/IMG]

    Apologies if the photo is not up to standard as other posters - I don't have a decent camera...

  2. Hey, nice wheels! 😄

    all six of them... 😉

  3. Sweet 🙂

  4. Xsmoker said:

    Sweet 🙂


    INDEED!!!!

  5. I really love the subtle logos on modern bikes... :eek:

    Nice bike!

  6. nice bike, high 5 🙂

  7. It doesn't have suspension!

  8. Bargearse said:

    It doesn't have suspension!


    Puppies like to bounce.....

  9. Damn!!! That is soo hot... the frame design and wheel set are gorgeous. Good luck with that.

  10. Damn... I gotta save more money...

  11. What do you mean your first road bike - tell me it's stolen.

    You don't mess around. Bello! 😉

  12. fauxpas said:

    Damn... I gotta save more money...

    Should be easy living in the Central Coast - cheaper than living in inner-city Sydney!

  13. Alias said:

    What do you mean your first road bike - tell me it's stolen.

    You don't mess around. Bello! 😉

    Another LBS (Cervelo) literally stole from me! Whilst trialling bikes, this Cervelo LBS did not have my size... No problems we'll get one in for you to try - just need a deposit as proof that you are serious. No probs, as we understood that I was trying bikes everywhere to make sure that I get the right one. Come the time to decide, I opted for the Cinelli (now the Cinelli LBS didn't even require a deposit, they were happy to get one in & build up for me) - it just sang to me & rode the best... BUT the Cervelo LBS would not refund my deposit! If it was only AUD$100 or even 10% of the value no probs, but it was AUD$1000!!! So I had to take a credit note or spend it there! So I called the Cinelli LBS & explained the situation & asked what parts I could get to off-set (again the Cinelli LBS was very helpful & was happy that I got shoes, helmet, pedals from Cervelo LBS).

    The kicker! the Cinelli was AUD$1000 more than the Cervello & the Cinelli LBS was 45 minutes from my place instead of 5 minutes (Cervelo LBS). But I would rather drive 45 minutes & get the experience!!!

    FYI - the Cinelli was purchased from Favourite Cycles in Manly & I live in the inner-city

  14. PhatG said:

    Another LBS (Cervelo) literally stole from me! Whilst trialling bikes, this Cervelo LBS did not have my size... No problems we'll get one in for you to try - just need a deposit as proof that you are serious. No probs, as we understood that I was trying bikes everywhere to make sure that I get the right one. Come the time to decide, I opted for the Cinelli (now the Cinelli LBS didn't even require a deposit, they were happy to get one in & build up for me) - it just sang to me & rode the best... BUT the Cervelo LBS would not refund my deposit! If it was only AUD$100 or even 10% of the value no probs, but it was AUD$1000!!! So I had to take a credit note or spend it there! So I called the Cinelli LBS & explained the situation & asked what parts I could get to off-set (again the Cinelli LBS was very helpful & was happy that I got shoes, helmet, pedals from Cervelo LBS).

    The kicker! the Cinelli was AUD$1000 more than the Cervello & the Cinelli LBS was 45 minutes from my place instead of 5 minutes (Cervelo LBS). But I would rather drive 45 minutes & get the experience!!!

    FYI - the Cinelli was purchased from Favourite Cycles in Manly & I live in the inner-city

    Moral of this story: Don't put down a deposit until you are sure! You entered a contract, the bike shop did not want to be left holding an expensive bike in stock!

    Looks like you have a nicer bike anyway!

  15. Little Jackie said:

    Moral of this story: Don't put down a deposit until you are sure! You entered a contract, the bike shop did not want to be left holding an expensive bike in stock!

    Agreed - but he knew that I was looking at other bikes & if 3 other LBS's were happy to get my size in & spend the time in fitting (as they all knew that this was my first roadie & that I was spending $$$), he now has lost any business from me as well as any future references (unlike the other 2 LBS's who were happy that I got a bike that sang to me - as we all know, this is only a start).

  16. it looks pretty sweet....but it sure is LOUD! hopefully you can ride well enough to pull it off and not look like a poser. 😉 esp w/that white saddle!

  17. cheapie said:

    it looks pretty sweet....but it sure is LOUD! hopefully you can ride well enough to pull it off and not look like a poser. 😉 esp w/that white saddle!

    @ cheapie
    - you should see me at the cafe... First there...

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.