UK and Europe · Public discussion

Helmet rash?

Started by David Bentley · · Last activity · 23 posts · 1,035 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
2 May 2005
Last activity
4 May 2005
Original author
David Bentley
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,035
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Mike K Smith said:

    My Actual Cycling Caps are past their best these days. Can you still buy
    new ones?

    Yes, I bought mine last year before a summer touring holiday. LBS said
    they didn't sell many any more so they only had one left, but they can
    be ordered in. Mine's a rather smart (well, I think so...) green
    Bianchi one. You can still get CTC ones at the CTC online shop in a
    choice of flavours.

    Quoted message said:

    I bought a peaked Buff recently, too, so
    I'll see how that works.

    Not seen those, will have to look out...

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  2. Mike K Smith said:

    My Actual Cycling Caps are past their best these days. Can you still


    buy

    Quoted message said:

    new ones? I used to wear sweatbands either with or without cycling


    caps

    Quoted message said:

    depending on the conditions. I bought a peaked Buff recently, too, so
    I'll see how that works.

    Probikekit.com has a good range of caps, bandanas and headbands in
    plain designs and team colours:
    <url:http://tinyurl.com/87umd>

    d.

  3. Mike K Smith <[email hidden]>typed

    Quoted message said:

    Peter Clinch wrote:
    [of Buffs]

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Works for me too, though I usually take the Bandana style myself. With
    the skull cap you may wish to make sure there's not a wee hole in the
    crown where you've doubled the fabric back, but it's not really a problem.


    I would have made that mistake, but my wife spotted it and refolded it
    for me.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    But I prefer an Actual Cycling Cap. The peak keeps sun and rain out of
    my eyes as well.


    My Actual Cycling Caps are past their best these days. Can you still buy
    new ones? I used to wear sweatbands either with or without cycling caps
    depending on the conditions. I bought a peaked Buff recently, too, so
    I'll see how that works.

    If you're an Audax UK member, you can get an AUK cap. Poly/cotton now
    rather than pure cotton :-(

    --
    Helen D. Vecht: [email hidden]
    Edgware.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.