Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Hello! New here...getting back on a bike in decades!

Started by from the hills · · Last activity · 6 posts · 852 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
1 December 2011
Last activity
12 December 2011
Original author
from the hills
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
852
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. So my wife and I are getting back into biking to improve our health and share time w/ our new baby girl!

    Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to learning from the forums and some of you as well.

    I purchased a Gary Fischer Tass on the cheap and am pumped to start riding.

    I know it's not the most opportune season to begin riding as it is becoming cold here in Iowa.

    Any tips on cold weather riding?

    Obviously dress in layers and use good wicking materials.....

    Anyway, pumped to get healthy!!!!

    See you on or off the trails!!!!

  2. Welcome aboard. Cold weather cycling is a hot topic around here. Plenty of threads with loads of tips. Search around the forum a little and you will find one that interest you. Join in on the conversation we all have things to offer one another.

  3. Welcome FTH. Enjoy the forums! [IMG]/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

  4. Wecome! Three years ago I got back into cycling after a 20 year hiatus and I'm loving it!

  5. Welcome aboard mate, me too just got into cycling after years of not riding except for my mtb which I used a few times but now with my road bike I seem to dream about riding 24-7. 😄

  6. Quoted post said:

    Originally Posted by from the hills [IMG]/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/IMG]

    So my wife and I are getting back into biking to improve our health and share time w/ our new baby girl!

    Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to learning from the forums and some of you as well.

    I purchased a Gary Fischer Tass on the cheap and am pumped to start riding.

    I know it's not the most opportune season to begin riding as it is becoming cold here in Iowa.

    Any tips on cold weather riding?

    Obviously dress in layers and use good wicking materials.....

    Anyway, pumped to get healthy!!!!

    See you on or off the trails!!!!


    Greetings and salutations.

    Tips on cold weather riding....As davereo (Roxanne is his stage name) mentioned cold weather riding is the subject of a few quasi-recent threads and is so this time of year, every year. What will be best for you is going to be a function of how warm you are, how good your peripheral circulation is, and a host of other things. A good start would be to use the forum "Search " box, as Roxanne suggested. It's a good idea to avoid cotton fabrics in cold weather because cotton is [censored] for transporting moisture and is not at all good at keeping you warm when it gets wet. How do you normally fare in winter?

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.