Next Generation · Public discussion

Have you heard about the human-powered helicopter?

Started by mitan143 · · Last activity · 7 posts · 2,641 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Next Generation
Published
23 May 2018
Last activity
3 December 2018
Original author
mitan143
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,641
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. When I was browsing one of my social media account, I have encountered a very interesting topic which was about a human-powered helicopter. The invention was built by young engineers and it was four-rotor helicopter that spans 100 feet and only weighs 80 pounds. The 100-foot-wide rickety machine worked through a full effort on pedaling and they tried it until it reached 10 feet above the ground and it was successful.

    Just click on the link for the full details.

  2. That's quite an invention but 100 feet is quite long for a propeller and although they got it up in controlled conditions, I don't think it can fly in normal outdoor conditions because of wind factors which a sudden wind could easily tilt it and it would result to the propellers destruction.

  3. That looks great but very tiring to do, although some of the first flying machines have some sort of pedaling mechanism as well so this certainly isn't unheard of and can totally be possible to create.

  4. Kakashi said:

    That's quite an invention but 100 feet is quite long for a propeller and although they got it up in controlled conditions, I don't think it can fly in normal outdoor conditions because of wind factors which a sudden wind could easily tilt it and it would result to the propellers destruction.


    Yes, that's what I thought on its size too. Probably too long, and I wonder they ended it up designing that big. But for those who made the invention, it seems like it is kind of a big achievement for them. Well, I still appreciate their determination to test their experiment. I'm looking for its upcoming use in the future.

  5. treecko142 said:

    That looks great but very tiring to do, although some of the first flying machines have some sort of pedaling mechanism as well so this certainly isn't unheard of and can totally be possible to create.


    True! It really looks like very tiring. When I am watching the video, I couldn't help but to salute to the guy who put so much effort and determination on pedaling just to lift up that helicopter. But he will surely got a body build up for that and it might somehow become a new technique for body exercise as well.

  6. Never heard this one until now. Very interesting and I think dangerous. What if you get tired or losing the cardio while a few meters above the ground? LOL. But I think I want to try this one. It's cool.

  7. mitan143 said:

    When I was browsing one of my social media account, I have encountered a very interesting topic which was about a human-powered helicopter. The invention was built by young engineers and it was four-rotor helicopter that spans 100 feet and only weighs 80 pounds. The 100-foot-wide rickety machine worked through a full effort on pedaling and they tried it until it reached 10 feet above the ground and it was successful.

    Just click on the link for the full details.

    I don't think it can fly in normal outdoor conditions because of wind factors which a sudden wind could easily tilt it and it would result to the propellers destruction.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.