UK and Europe · Public discussion

have a favourite bike shop?

Started by Sam · · Last activity · 8 posts · 360 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
27 October 2004
Last activity
13 November 2004
Original author
Sam
Posts
8
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
360
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–8 of 8
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Tell us all about it in our new bike shop board, under 'The Knowledge'.

    Sam
    ---
    http://www.freewheelingforum.com/index.php
    http://www.prettygoodbritain.com

  2. In message <[email hidden]>, Sam
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    Tell us all about it in our new bike shop board, under 'The Knowledge'.


    Or rather, since you have posted this to uk.rec.cycling, you could just
    post it here instead, which makes much more sense if you are an urc-er.

    I'm sorry Sam, but IMO, promoting your forum in your sig is ok if your
    posts to urc are of 'useful' content.

    However, plain and simple attempts like this to 'tout for business' for
    your forum, aren't welcome.

    But one of my favourite shops is Spa Cycles in Harrogate.
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  3. (Sam) said:

    Tell us all about it in our new bike shop board, under 'The Knowledge'.

    Bad sam. Naughty sam. No more spam please.

    Guy
    --
    May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at Washington University

  4. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    (Sam) said:

    Tell us all about it in our new bike shop board, under 'The Knowledge'.

    Bad sam. Naughty sam. No more spam please.

    Guy

    [sigh] All right. I give up. I've explained myself as best I can on
    other threads, but if I'm pissing off people like Guy, I'm cutting my
    PR campaign short.

    I know how annoying spam can be, which is why I laboured mightily to
    make my posts amusing. If they still didn't rise above spam in most of
    urc's eyes, I've failed, and will hang up my toestraps forthwith.

    Sam

  5. Sam said:

    I know how annoying spam can be, which is why I laboured mightily to
    make my posts amusing.

    No. If you really *knew* how annoying spam is you wouldn't have sent it
    out.

    Quoted message said:

    If they still didn't rise above spam in most of
    urc's eyes, I've failed, and will hang up my toestraps forthwith.

    Well hurrah for that, but please learn that spam is spam is spam. If it
    was meant to be okay because it was amusing then don't give up your day
    job for a career in comedy.

    Pete.
    --
    Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
    Tel 44 1382 660111 ext. 33637 Univ. of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital
    Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
    net [email hidden] http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

  6. chris French said:


    But one of my favourite shops is Spa Cycles in Harrogate.

    My favourite bike shop is Sandy Wallace Cycles, Inverkeithing.

    --
    brian

  7. In message <[email hidden]>, Sam
    <[email hidden]> writes

    Quoted message said:

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    (Sam) said:

    Tell us all about it in our new bike shop board, under 'The Knowledge'.

    Bad sam. Naughty sam. No more spam please.

    Guy

    [sigh] All right. I give up. I've explained myself as best I can on
    other threads, but if I'm pissing off people like Guy, I'm cutting my
    PR campaign short.


    Well, a bit of sense.

    Quoted message said:

    I know how annoying spam can be, which is why I laboured mightily to
    make my posts amusing.

    Sorry, you failed - 'oh, not another pointless message from Sam touting
    for business' was my response.

    Quoted message said:

    If they still didn't rise above spam in most of
    urc's eyes, I've failed, and will hang up my toestraps forthwith.


    There that's a good chap :-)
    --
    Chris French, Leeds

  8. "Sam" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Tell us all about it in our new bike shop board, under 'The Knowledge'.

    Sam
    ---
    http://www.freewheelingforum.com/index.php
    http://www.prettygoodbritain.com

    It looks like a well designed website (the former), but how are you going to
    compete against the likes of the Cycling Plus forum and even this newsgroup?
    Surely the market is saturated. There's also cyclingforums.com.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.