Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Harder, stronger, longer

Started by mojo deluxe · · Last activity · 24 posts · 1,011 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
18 April 2004
Last activity
23 April 2004
Original author
mojo deluxe
Posts
24
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,011
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–24 of 24
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Stephen Baker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    SniffinVinyl says:

    Quoted message said:

    There has to be some upside to being an old fart doesn't there?

    Yeah - the range of what's "worth" looking at as you walk down the street


    seems

    Quoted message said:

    to get bigger every year. ;-)

    Steve

    That's nature's way of rewarding longevity!

  2. "Penny S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    S o r n i said:
    Stephen Baker said:

    SniffinVinyl says:

    > There has to be some upside to being an old fart doesn't there?

    Yeah - the range of what's "worth" looking at as you walk down the
    street seems to get bigger every year. ;-)

    Well, more numerous anyway.

    Bill "we all have our 'types' " S.

    I like the shock factor of being out with my 40+ girlfriends, the young guys
    always get the eyes like saucers look when we come around on a trail.

    Penny

    I like the shock factor when I ride upon a group of young, totally
    decked mtndewds, and I'm on my plain rigid SS. I just sigh and say,
    gee, I'm too old to figger out shocks and gears and springs and stuff,
    just "gimme that ole time religion..., it's good enough for me"

    paladin

  3. Just remind yourself that a good cyclist can ride way better on a cheap,
    beat up old bike than a newbie can ride on an expensive new bike.

    Sniffinvinyl
    ----------------
    Remain sane, cycle your brains out . . .

    "Paladin" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Penny S" <[email hidden]> wrote in message


    news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    S o r n i said:

    Stephen Baker wrote:
    > SniffinVinyl says:
    >
    >> There has to be some upside to being an old fart doesn't there?
    >
    > Yeah - the range of what's "worth" looking at as you walk down the
    > street seems to get bigger every year. ;-)

    Well, more numerous anyway.

    Bill "we all have our 'types' " S.

    I like the shock factor of being out with my 40+ girlfriends, the young


    guys

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    always get the eyes like saucers look when we come around on a trail.

    Penny

    I like the shock factor when I ride upon a group of young, totally
    decked mtndewds, and I'm on my plain rigid SS. I just sigh and say,
    gee, I'm too old to figger out shocks and gears and springs and stuff,
    just "gimme that ole time religion..., it's good enough for me"

    paladin

  4. "SniffinVinyl" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...

    Quoted message said:

    Just remind yourself that a good cyclist can ride way better on a cheap,
    beat up old bike than a newbie can ride on an expensive new bike.

    Sniffinvinyl

    Yep, it's not the bike, it's the rider.

    's good enough for me"

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    paladin

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.