"Paul W" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:The Strada is about $1000 cheaper than the P38 and 1.7 kilos (about a pound)
heavier. I would expect the twin 650 Strada to roll a bit freer and
wonder if fitting a $1000 wheelset to a Strada would make it a better
ride than the P38.(Better = faster, smoother.)One review of the Strada
mentioned quality control problems. The P38 is a "system" bike -
mature and with excellent choice of accessories.Are there any other
Can I get owners of either to engage in an educational battle on the
merits or otherwise of either.Paul W The search goes on......
Yo Paul,
I've owned a V-REX (similar to Giro) test ridden a P-38 and now own a
Strada. For customer service, I'd rank Bacchetta and RANS far ahead
of Lightning (based on comments from Lightning owners).
One of the key deciding factors me thinks is where you will do most or
all of your riding. If you're talking a commuter bike, personally I'd
rule out the Strada because I think it's designed for speed, long
distance rides and that works best with a laid back position.
Riding Position: The Giro, V-REX, Strada and similar bikes allow you
to drastically change the seat position. When I ride my Strada on
recreational rides in Portland Or, I change the seat position to
almost upright. If I'm not mistaken the P-38 has a pretty much
closed/upright position period. Great for climbing according to those
who own them.
Better Ride? I think the Strada (dual 26" wheels) will give you a
far smoother ride than either the P-38, V-Rex, or Giro. Simply change
the tires from rock hard speedos to a less inflated tire.
If you're gonna spend another $1,000 for a wheelset put that towards
an AERO or top of the line RANS or Volae.
My two centavos
Slow Joe Recumbo