UK and Europe · Public discussion

h*lm*t standards where's the web site?

Started by Bryan · · Last activity · 6 posts · 380 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
17 August 2005
Last activity
18 August 2005
Original author
Bryan
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
380
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Sorry for mentioning the H word, bt my trawling can;t find the web site or teh original post.

    A while ago, Guy I believe posted a link to a web site that listed loads of helmets and the standards that they actually passed. I'd like to find it again, so if anyone knows where it is please post it again. On teh same subject , I think from when I lat looked that it was basically only Specialiazed helmets that passed the SNELL B95 standard, is this still the case?

    Thanks

    Bryan

  2. I submit that on or about Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:50:30 +1000, the person
    known to the court as Bryan
    <[email hidden]> made a statement
    (<[email hidden]> in Your Honour's
    bundle) to the following effect:

    Quoted message said:

    A while ago, Guy I believe posted a link to a web site that listed
    loads of helmets and the standards that they actually passed. I'd like
    to find it again, so if anyone knows where it is please post it again.
    On teh same subject , I think from when I lat looked that it was
    basically only Specialiazed helmets that passed the SNELL B95 standard,
    is this still the case?

    There was a report in Cycle which listed some, but the site with the
    list of helmets which pass Snell is http://www.smf.org

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  3. Quoted message said:

    There was a report in Cycle which listed some, but the site with the
    list of helmets which pass Snell is http://www.smf.org

    IIRC the bloke said he was only aware of specialized helmets in this
    country having passed, and asked if anyone knew different.

  4. Just zis Guy said:

    I submit that on or about Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:50:30 +1000, the person
    known to the court as Bryan
    <[email hidden]> made a statement
    (<[email hidden]> in Your Honour's
    bundle) to the following effect:

    Quoted message said:

    A while ago, Guy I believe posted a link to a web site that listed
    loads of helmets and the standards that they actually passed. I'd like
    to find it again, so if anyone knows where it is please post it again.
    On teh same subject , I think from when I lat looked that it was
    basically only Specialiazed helmets that passed the SNELL B95 standard,
    is this still the case?

    There was a report in Cycle which listed some, but the site with the
    list of helmets which pass Snell is http://www.smf.org

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

    Thanks Guy.

  5. Bryan said:
    Just zis Guy said:

    I submit that on or about Wed, 17 Aug 2005 23:50:30 +1000, the person
    known to the court as Bryan
    <[email hidden]> made a statement
    (<[email hidden]> in Your Honour's
    bundle) to the following effect:

    Quoted message said:

    A while ago, Guy I believe posted a link to a web site that listed
    loads of helmets and the standards that they actually passed. I'd


    like

    Quoted message said:

    to find it again, so if anyone knows where it is please post it


    again.

    Quoted message said:

    On teh same subject , I think from when I lat looked that it was
    basically only Specialiazed helmets that passed the SNELL B95


    standard,

    Quoted message said:

    is this still the case?

    There was a report in Cycle which listed some, but the site with the
    list of helmets which pass Snell is http://www.smf.org

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

    Thanks Guy.

    I get the impression that a lot of helmets are nolonger certifying with
    Snell as apparently the USA has made CPSC certification manditory. This
    is second hand however and may not be accurate.

    John Kane
    Kingston ON

  6. I submit that on or about 17 Aug 2005 15:11:06 -0700, the person known
    to the court as "John_Kane" <[email hidden]> made a
    statement (<[email hidden]> in
    Your Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

    Quoted message said:

    I get the impression that a lot of helmets are nolonger certifying with
    Snell as apparently the USA has made CPSC certification manditory. This
    is second hand however and may not be accurate.

    Most are not certified Snell any more because other, lower standards
    are available. Bell in particular no longer uses Snell (hence also
    Giro, part of Bell). It's not because CPSC is mandatory, since any
    Snell lid also passes CPSC by default; CPSC is self-certified but
    Snell is externally verified, more stringent, and traceable by
    batch/lot number (i.e. more admin). It's also true that the industry
    (again mainly Bell) were the main drivers behind the lower standards.

    Here's the Cycle article: http://www.cyclehelmets.org/papers/c2023.pdf

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    "To every complex problem there is a solution which is
    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.