Road Cycling · Public discussion

Höllentour on TV

Started by Iris Postler · · Last activity · 17 posts · 1,047 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
25 June 2005
Last activity
27 June 2005
Original author
Iris Postler
Posts
17
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,047
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–17 of 17
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Tomorrow Evening, on Sunday, arte shows the film "Höllentour" about
    the 2003 Tour de France, starring Erik Zabel, Rolf Aldag and lots of
    others. I watched the film in cinema. I don't think the pictures will
    be as great on TV, but for everyone with a satellite dish in Europe,
    it is a great film to watch.

    Iris Postler

  2. Iris Postler said:

    Tomorrow Evening, on Sunday, arte shows the film "Höllentour" about
    the 2003 Tour de France, starring Erik Zabel, Rolf Aldag and lots of
    others. I watched the film in cinema. I don't think the pictures will
    be as great on TV, but for everyone with a satellite dish in Europe,
    it is a great film to watch.

    Iris Postler

    20:45 CET, btw.

    Thanks for the info! And I really can confirm that the pictures are
    great, I remember especially the pictures from the TTT to be very
    impressive.

  3. It looks like they are showing a bunch of cycling related shows this evening.
    After Hollentour they are showing 'Grands Duels du Sport' --->
    http://www.arte-tv.com/fr/semaine/244,broadcastingNum=484888,day=2,week=26,year=2005.html
    (is that Poulidor in the yellow shirt? wow, that guy must be around 70 years
    old now).

    Then they are showing 'Cyclomania' --->
    http://www.arte-tv.com/fr/semaine/244,broadcastingNum=484890,day=2,week=26,year=2005.html
    (never heard of it, not sure what it is about)

    Sadly we don't get Arte here in Canada. OLN-Canada is showing 'Road to the
    Tour' though. Wow, a whole half hour too! No repeats of course. The bull
    riding shows and Bowflex infomercials get top priority.

    J. Spaceman

    --
    My email address ([email hidden]) is fake. Email sent to it
    will only get caught in my spam tarpit.

  4. Jason Spaceman said:

    Then they are showing 'Cyclomania' --->
    http://www.arte-tv.com/fr/semaine/244,broadcastingNum=484890,day=2,week=26,year=2005.html
    (never heard of it, not sure what it is about)

    It's a Finnish film about a few bike messengers who are into road
    cycling. It's really made for a teenage audience rather than adults,
    although cyclists of all ages might find it somewhat entertaining.
    It has a cheesy love story and unrealistic depiction of cycling, but I
    guess it's not particularly awful in its genre.

    -as

  5. Iris Postler said:

    Tomorrow Evening, on Sunday, arte shows the film "Höllentour" about
    the 2003 Tour de France, starring Erik Zabel, Rolf Aldag and lots of
    others.

    Very, very, nicely done.

  6. Robert Chung said:

    Very, very, nicely done.

    Yeah, it was great! And so is Zabel.

    --
    Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/
    or http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features
    and vote for 'Default quoting of previous message in replies'

  7. Ewoud Dronkert said:
    Robert Chung said:

    Very, very, nicely done.

    Yeah, it was great! And so is Zabel.

    There were a bunch of great little scenes: Furlan and Casper abandoning;
    guys with pursuiter's cough after the TTT; Eule slathering on the chamois
    cream. Here's a scene I didn't need to see: Aldag shaving.

  8. Robert Chung said:
    Iris Postler said:

    Tomorrow Evening, on Sunday, arte shows the film "Höllentour" about
    the 2003 Tour de France, starring Erik Zabel, Rolf Aldag and lots of
    others.

    Very, very, nicely done.

    I agree. Some fantastic footage there, and it captures much more of the
    essence of the Tour than the standard race coverage. Hats off.

    Jeff

  9. I was definitely much better than other 'similar' programs shown in ARTE
    featuring Cofidis and Bianchi. Probably because Erik Zabel is so much more
    'real' than Robert Millar or Jan Ullrich.

    It is also great to follow a really competitive team like Telekom. With a
    lot of chances to win/lose, increasing the dramatic effect.

    The last scenes with Zabel and Aldag in the paris after the race is over are
    great.

    "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Robert Chung said:

    Very, very, nicely done.

    Yeah, it was great! And so is Zabel.

    --
    Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/
    or
    http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features
    and vote for 'Default quoting of previous message in replies'

  10. "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email hidden]> a écrit dans le message de
    news: [email hidden]...
    | On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:26:27 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:
    | > Very, very, nicely done.
    |
    | Yeah, it was great! And so is Zabel.
    |

    I guess I'm the dissenting voice here. I found the pace terrible slow. I
    didn't really need to spend a couple of minutes watching Zabel fall asleep
    while getting a massage. Or even longer watching Aldag lather and shave his
    legs while narrating it. It showed quite a bit about the humdrum parts of
    the TDF without putting it into context. The suffering, pain and dread of
    riding the tour were well displayed, as well as Zabel's fight battle with
    getting older, but the joyous part was missing. Even Vino's stage win and
    podium were only mentioned in passing.

    It's not a film I would watch again.

  11. On 06/26/2005 03:39 PM, in article
    [email hidden], "Ewoud Dronkert"

    Quoted message said:
    Robert Chung said:

    Very, very, nicely done.

    Yeah, it was great! And so is Zabel.

    What are the chances of that noisy guy posting it to a.b.m.sports?

    --
    Steven L. Sheffield
    stevens at veloworks dot com
    bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est
    ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea eye tee why you ti ay aitch
    aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
    double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [foreword] slash

  12. Robert Chung said:
    Ewoud Dronkert said:
    Robert Chung said:

    Very, very, nicely done.

    Yeah, it was great! And so is Zabel.

    There were a bunch of great little scenes: Furlan and Casper abandoning;
    guys with pursuiter's cough after the TTT; Eule slathering on the chamois
    cream. Here's a scene I didn't need to see: Aldag shaving.

    I wish Botero would shave his -arms.- The man looks as bad as Robin
    Williams.

  13. In article <[email hidden]>, sonarrat <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Robert Chung said:
    Ewoud Dronkert said:

    On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:26:27 +0200, Robert Chung wrote:

    >Very, very, nicely done.

    Yeah, it was great! And so is Zabel.

    There were a bunch of great little scenes: Furlan and Casper abandoning;
    guys with pursuiter's cough after the TTT; Eule slathering on the chamois
    cream. Here's a scene I didn't need to see: Aldag shaving.

    I wish Botero would shave his -arms.- The man looks as bad as Robin
    Williams.

    At least he doesn't have that near-bouffant do anymmore. That was
    curious, at best.

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    Butter is love.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  14. Steven L. Sheffield said:

    What are the chances of that noisy guy posting it to a.b.m.sports?

    Non-existant. I think, I wouldn't know of course.

    --
    Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/
    or http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features
    and vote for 'Default quoting of previous message in replies'

  15. Jason Spaceman said:
    Quoted message said:

    Then they are showing 'Cyclomania' --->
    http://www.arte-tv.com/fr/semaine/244,broadcastingNum=484890,day=2,week=26,year=2005.html
    (never heard of it, not sure what it is about)

    Antti Salonen said:

    It's a Finnish film about a few bike messengers who are into road
    cycling. It's really made for a teenage audience rather than adults,

    Appropriate for rbr then.

  16. Steven L. Sheffield said:
    Quoted message said:

    What are the chances of that noisy guy posting it to a.b.m.sports?

    Ewoud Dronkert said:

    Non-existant. I think, I wouldn't know of course.

    That violent anarchist is probably in Edinburgh preparing for the G8
    meeting.

  17. Donald Munro said:

    That violent anarchist is probably in Edinburgh preparing for the G8
    meeting.

    Now only to find a nice elderly civil servant on one of the teams who
    will invite him to the informal gatherings. Preferably without a set of
    annoyingly obvious spastic fingers.

    Off to the café.

    --
    Thunderbird E-mail and Newsgroups - http://gettbird.com/
    or http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=features
    and vote for 'Default quoting of previous message in replies'

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.