General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

good sources of dha?

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 119 posts · 4,057 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 July 2005
Last activity
6 August 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
119
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,057
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 119
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

  2. read attachment

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2...

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

  3. read attachment

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2...

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

  4. read attachment

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2...

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

  5. read attachment

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2...

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

  6. read attachment

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2...

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

  7. read attachment

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2...

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

  8. In article <1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2>,

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    Hello,
    Visit a health food store. I checked the ingredients on a container of
    flax seeds and DHA was not listed. It says on the front of the container
    the following:
    "natural source of fiber, trace vitamins, minerals, amino acids, Omega 3
    and Lignans."

    Health food stores sell capsules of fish oil which is high in Omega 3.
    I hope this helps,
    Jason

    --
    NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
    We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
    We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

  9. In article <1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2>,

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    Hello,
    Visit a health food store. I checked the ingredients on a container of
    flax seeds and DHA was not listed. It says on the front of the container
    the following:
    "natural source of fiber, trace vitamins, minerals, amino acids, Omega 3
    and Lignans."

    Health food stores sell capsules of fish oil which is high in Omega 3.
    I hope this helps,
    Jason

    --
    NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
    We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
    We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

  10. In article <1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2>,

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    Hello,
    Visit a health food store. I checked the ingredients on a container of
    flax seeds and DHA was not listed. It says on the front of the container
    the following:
    "natural source of fiber, trace vitamins, minerals, amino acids, Omega 3
    and Lignans."

    Health food stores sell capsules of fish oil which is high in Omega 3.
    I hope this helps,
    Jason

    --
    NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
    We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
    We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

  11. In article <1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2>,

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    Hello,
    Visit a health food store. I checked the ingredients on a container of
    flax seeds and DHA was not listed. It says on the front of the container
    the following:
    "natural source of fiber, trace vitamins, minerals, amino acids, Omega 3
    and Lignans."

    Health food stores sell capsules of fish oil which is high in Omega 3.
    I hope this helps,
    Jason

    --
    NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
    We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
    We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

  12. In article <1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2>,

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    Hello,
    Visit a health food store. I checked the ingredients on a container of
    flax seeds and DHA was not listed. It says on the front of the container
    the following:
    "natural source of fiber, trace vitamins, minerals, amino acids, Omega 3
    and Lignans."

    Health food stores sell capsules of fish oil which is high in Omega 3.
    I hope this helps,
    Jason

    --
    NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
    We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
    We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

  13. In article <1122310242.4cf291f58814b61e3d8cc92a7e644d9c@meganetnews2>,

    Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    Hello,
    Visit a health food store. I checked the ingredients on a container of
    flax seeds and DHA was not listed. It says on the front of the container
    the following:
    "natural source of fiber, trace vitamins, minerals, amino acids, Omega 3
    and Lignans."

    Health food stores sell capsules of fish oil which is high in Omega 3.
    I hope this helps,
    Jason

    --
    NEWSGROUP SUBSCRIBERS MOTTO
    We respect those subscribers that ask for advice or provide advice.
    We do NOT respect the subscribers that enjoy criticizing people.

  14. Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    There are no good vegetarian sources of DHA readily available, as you'd
    have to get it from ocean plankton. Perhaps somebody's molecularly
    distilling it from that source by now (look on the web) but it's going
    to be VERY expensive.

    The omega-3 in flax is 18 carbons, and is turned into the 22 carbn DHA
    in your body only poorly. It's better than nothing, but fish oil
    capsules or red salmon is a much better way to get DHA.

  15. Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    There are no good vegetarian sources of DHA readily available, as you'd
    have to get it from ocean plankton. Perhaps somebody's molecularly
    distilling it from that source by now (look on the web) but it's going
    to be VERY expensive.

    The omega-3 in flax is 18 carbons, and is turned into the 22 carbn DHA
    in your body only poorly. It's better than nothing, but fish oil
    capsules or red salmon is a much better way to get DHA.

  16. Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    There are no good vegetarian sources of DHA readily available, as you'd
    have to get it from ocean plankton. Perhaps somebody's molecularly
    distilling it from that source by now (look on the web) but it's going
    to be VERY expensive.

    The omega-3 in flax is 18 carbons, and is turned into the 22 carbn DHA
    in your body only poorly. It's better than nothing, but fish oil
    capsules or red salmon is a much better way to get DHA.

  17. Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    There are no good vegetarian sources of DHA readily available, as you'd
    have to get it from ocean plankton. Perhaps somebody's molecularly
    distilling it from that source by now (look on the web) but it's going
    to be VERY expensive.

    The omega-3 in flax is 18 carbons, and is turned into the 22 carbn DHA
    in your body only poorly. It's better than nothing, but fish oil
    capsules or red salmon is a much better way to get DHA.

  18. Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    There are no good vegetarian sources of DHA readily available, as you'd
    have to get it from ocean plankton. Perhaps somebody's molecularly
    distilling it from that source by now (look on the web) but it's going
    to be VERY expensive.

    The omega-3 in flax is 18 carbons, and is turned into the 22 carbn DHA
    in your body only poorly. It's better than nothing, but fish oil
    capsules or red salmon is a much better way to get DHA.

  19. Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    There are no good vegetarian sources of DHA readily available, as you'd
    have to get it from ocean plankton. Perhaps somebody's molecularly
    distilling it from that source by now (look on the web) but it's going
    to be VERY expensive.

    The omega-3 in flax is 18 carbons, and is turned into the 22 carbn DHA
    in your body only poorly. It's better than nothing, but fish oil
    capsules or red salmon is a much better way to get DHA.

  20. Quoted message said:

    what are some good natural (preferably vegetarian) sources of DHA, and
    omega-3 fatty acid (I believe). Does flax seed contain it? thanks.

    DHA is one of the so-called conditionally essential fatty acid. The
    others are EPA and GLA and are only essential under certain conditions.
    Normally these are not needed in most healthy individuals as they are
    manufactured by the body. People with certain conditions like
    arthritis, low thyroid or those who lack certain enzymes may benefit
    from supplementing with the GLA.

    Rich sources of EPA and DHA: cod liver oil and fatty fish.
    Rich sources of GLA: black currant, borage, primrose.

    --
    Dawid Michalczyk
    http://www.art.eonworks.com - Art and Illustration

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.