General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Good Citrus Juicer?

Started by Anth · · Last activity · 6 posts · 571 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 July 2003
Last activity
25 July 2003
Original author
Anth
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
571
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm looking into buying one to meet these criteria :-

    Well built (as it may be used quite a lot)
    Highly efficient (maximising juice output)
    Smooth (smooth juice texture not thick pulp)
    Nice taste (juice tastes nice)
    Speed (Has to juice fast without oxidising the juice)

    (Buyable in the the UK)
    Thanks very much
    Anth

  2. In sci.life-extension Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : I'm looking into buying one to meet these criteria :-

    : Well built (as it may be used quite a lot)
    : Highly efficient (maximising juice output)
    : Smooth (smooth juice texture not thick pulp)
    : Nice taste (juice tastes nice)
    : Speed (Has to juice fast without oxidising the juice)

    : (Buyable in the the UK)

    Mine: http://timtyler.org/citrus/

    If you have a reasonable juicer the benefits of a citrus press
    in terms of cleaning time and so on seem to me rather margnial.

    It seems the skins of citrus fruit is also rather good to consume -
    once washed - and if you do much of that a citrus press may be
    counter-productive.

    Fairly cheap and popular electrical citrus presses are still
    pretty effective.

    I reckon a citrus press is a good way to get into low-RPM juicing if
    a big, general purpose machine is outside your budget - but may be
    icing on the cake otherwise.

    Citrus juice can be pretty sweet - and juicing it gives more of a
    sweetness spike.

    It is pretty easy, convenient and effective to deal with many
    citrus fruit with your teeth.
    --
    __________
    |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ [email hidden]

  3. "Tim Tyler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
    [snip]

    I was thinking of going for
    http://www.ukjuicers.com/templates/productdetail.asp?id=121&catid=7
    or http://www.ukjuicers.com/templates/productdetail.asp?id=86&catid=7
    These both are a bit too expensive for my budget. I think I will go the
    Siemens.. (69 seems like a good buy)
    Cheers
    Anth

  4. In sci.life-extension Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : I was thinking of going for
    : http://www.ukjuicers.com/templates/productdetail.asp?id=121&catid=7
    : or http://www.ukjuicers.com/templates/productdetail.asp?id=86&catid=7

    Phew! ;-)

    : I think I will go the Siemens.. (69 seems like a good buy)

    FWIW, mine came from:
    http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_1340.html
    Currently 62.80 UKP. Mind the postage, though.

    If you are patient, they come up on ebay now and again.
    --
    __________
    |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ [email hidden]

  5. Oops I just bought mine from UkJuicers
    Anth

    "Tim Tyler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In sci.life-extension Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:

    : I was thinking of going for
    : http://www.ukjuicers.com/templates/productdetail.asp?id=121&catid=7
    : or http://www.ukjuicers.com/templates/productdetail.asp?id=86&catid=7

    Phew! ;-)

    : I think I will go the Siemens.. (69 seems like a good buy)

    FWIW, mine came from:
    http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_1340.html
    Currently 62.80 UKP. Mind the postage, though.

    If you are patient, they come up on ebay now and again.
    --
    __________
    |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ [email hidden]

  6. Got my Siemens today - good product - easy to clean and it does a good job!
    I was using a glass citrus juicer - the kind you squeeze the orange half
    onto.
    I tended to use 10 oranges manually vs 3 oranges using the machine, so it
    should save me a fair bit in the long run.
    All I need now is a wheatgrass juicer and something that handles carrots
    properly without much clogging.
    (The Champion does a good job with carrots; but if I am preparing lots of
    juices it will get clogged and need a cleaning)
    Cheers
    Anth

    "Tim Tyler" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In sci.life-extension Anth <[email hidden]> wrote:


    [snip]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.