Thanks for the replies everyone. I did mention contacts to Jacqueline but she's a wee bit squeamish about putting them in. It does seem the obvious solution though. I'll tell her to try some washing up liquid on her glasses first.
"JohnC <"john"@" <"nospam> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
While walking up the Merrick last Sunday my GF's glasses kept steaming up with the heat of her head!! As it was pretty poor weather, low cloud and some snow she kept having to clean them as her vision deteriorated. Any ideas to what she can do?
Try wearing them on the end of her nose to allow better air flow. Wrap a scarf around her mouth to stop her talk^_^<cough> hot breath misting up the glass.
A white stick and a set of kiddy reins could be a radical alternative... ;-)
In article <[email hidden]>, "JohnC <\"john\"@" <"nospam>"@?.?.invalid> writes
Quoted message said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I did mention contacts to Jacqueline but she's a wee bit squeamish about putting them in. It does seem the obvious solution though. I'll tell her to try some washing up liquid on her glasses first.
It's taking them out should make her squeamish !
I had one hell of a job getting one out once - until I realised the lens had dropped off my finger in front of me and there was no lens in my eye! Trying to grab a bare eyeball isn't pleasant ! -- Bill Grey http://www.billboy.co.uk
have done that too bill, it wasnt until i focused and couldnt see that i realised it wasnt in my eye in the first place lol col x "W. D. Grey" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>, "JohnC <\"john\"@" <"nospam>"@?.?.invalid> writes
Quoted message said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I did mention contacts to Jacqueline but she's a wee bit squeamish about putting them in. It does seem the obvious solution though. I'll tell her to try some washing up liquid on her glasses first.
It's taking them out should make her squeamish !
I had one hell of a job getting one out once - until I realised the lens had dropped off my finger in front of me and there was no lens in my eye! Trying to grab a bare eyeball isn't pleasant ! -- Bill Grey http://www.billboy.co.uk
"JohnC <"john"@" <"nospam> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
While walking up the Merrick last Sunday my GF's glasses kept steaming up with the heat of her head!! As it was pretty poor weather, low cloud and some snow she kept having to clean them as her vision deteriorated. Any ideas to what she can do?
Try wearing them on the end of her nose to allow better air flow. Wrap a scarf around her mouth to stop her talk^_^<cough> hot breath misting up the glass.
A white stick and a set of kiddy reins could be a radical alternative... ;-)
While walking up the Merrick last Sunday my GF's glasses kept steaming up with the heat of her head!! As it was pretty poor weather, low cloud and some snow she kept having to clean them as her vision deteriorated. Any ideas to what she can do?
For years I wasn't keen on the idea of contact lenses, but eventually I gave them a go. You get better vision (no boundary all the way to peripheral vision, and I found glasses shrunk things - when I first put the contacts in I kept getting confused by things looking bigger than expected!), and you are completely free of that sort of problem.
When walking in poor weather with glasses I sometimes just gave up with them and stuck them in a pocket, despite being pretty short sighted.
Try a drop of washing up liquid wiped onto the lenses - works fairly well on my motorcycle helmet visor anyway.
Don't you just end up with a face full of bubbles?
?? Of course not! You get a smear of soap solution of whatever persuasion suits you, or a *small* amount of shaving foam - and just wipe it over the lenses. -- All the best to everyone in 2005 - Fran
Try a drop of washing up liquid wiped onto the lenses - works fairly well on my motorcycle helmet visor anyway.
Don't you just end up with a face full of bubbles?
?? Of course not! You get a smear of soap solution of whatever persuasion suits you, or a *small* amount of shaving foam - and just wipe it over the lenses. -- All the best to everyone in 2005 - Fran