Giant / Boulder / good for price?

James

Guest
Does anyone here have this bike ? There is also a Boulder SE, which is
all-aluminum frame. It is lighter, but costs more.

I just want a decent bike for 2-5 mile treks to school and work.

Thanks for any comments on this bike (and possible comments on other Giant
brand bikes)

Thanks again !!

--James--

James wrote:
> Does anyone here have this bike ? There is also a Boulder SE, which is
> all-aluminum frame. It is lighter, but costs more.
>
> I just want a decent bike for 2-5 mile treks to school and work.
>
> Thanks for any comments on this bike (and possible comments on other Giant
> brand bikes)

I've not had any problems with the Giants I have ridden though _none_
of those bikes were from Giant USA. BUT this mostly means different
paint jobs and different combinations of components on the same basic
bikes.

I recommend starting with a medium lower-range bike after checking to
make sure that it was one of the ones where the difference between
good, better, and best is components rather than frame.

My most recent Giant had the same frame as a bike 1/3rd the price and
as a bike 3x the price.

A good frame is the most important thing to have because the components
can be upgraded presuming that they don't wear out and get replaced
before that time.

-M