Should i buy m size or l size giant tcr advanced pro team road bike?

KannanSmiles

Mar 1, 2017
I am planning to Giant TCR Advanced Pro Team Road Bike. My height is 178cm (5'8") and inseem is 84cm (33"). Should i buy M size (47) or ML size (50)? My friend say M might look small for me and considering my inseem ML might suite me. Please help.

Reactions: Marufkhan
You are going to have to help yourself...to a test ride or two. Buy whichever frame size gives you the best top tube/stem length fit and can be adjusted to your preferred saddle-to-handlebar drop dimension. Also, check the saddle setback position.

Lastly, there's the, "This one feels just right!" factor. One of the two is going to feel better to YOU.

I am planning to Giant TCR Advanced Pro Team Road Bike. My height is 178cm (5'8") and inseem is 84cm (33"). Should i buy M size (47) or ML size (50)? My friend say M might look small for me and considering my inseem ML might suite me. Please help.
I say go with the medium. I'm 5/7 with 31 inch inseam, the the sales guy swore that medium was right for me despite the size chart saying I am a S. I hated it. Returned the bike and went with a specialized 52, though even their 54 had a shorter top tube than the M TCR.

Great information that you decided to share. Thank you for your carbon road bike insight, like usual!
I forgot to mention, I had a 2016 Advanced Pro 1(ultegra) model with carbon wheelset with Giant branded DT Swiss made hub. Although it sounds great to have "carbon" wheels, these were junk for everyday riding, as the rear wheel had multiple fractures within just over 600 miles, which gave me the ultimate incentive to return it. My advice: Use an Amex card to buy, because they will make sure you can get a refund in the event your purchase goes bonky.

Medium. ML doesn't start to work unless you're taller than 5'9".
and 5'11 actually...the exception is if you're over 275 lbs, then you'd go up in size.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 9.04.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 9.04.27 AM.png
    643.3 KB · Views: 61
I would never buy a road bike get a tri bike if u want to be comfortable and like to whip past all the clowns on their road bikes all in a row trying to hide from the wind in a pace line...….very satisfying I might add and pisses them off

I would never buy a road bike get a tri bike if u want to be comfortable and like to whip past all the clowns on their road bikes all in a row trying to hide from the wind in a pace line...….very satisfying I might add and pisses them off
So you're saying you need a tri bike, or recumbent, some sort of aero advantage to pass other cyclists?
I don't see any gloating about passing by other cyclists on equal bikes.

Simply standing over the frame is the best way to determine the bike's frame size. Ensure that both of your feet are firmly planted. If it's a hybrid, racing, or touring bike, you should ideally have an inch between your crotch and the frame. I examine the five most typical indications that your bike is over big. Lack of Front Wheel Grip, Difficulty Lifting Front Wheel, Feeling Like a Passenger, Uncomfortable, and Difficulty in Tight Turns.

Hey there! When it comes to determining frame size, standing over the bike with both feet planted is key. For hybrid, racing, or touring bikes, aiming for an inch of space between your crotch and the frame is ideal. If you're experiencing any of those signs of an oversized bike, it might be worth looking into a smaller frame. Ride safe!

The Giant TCR Advanced Pro Team Road Bike is an excellent choice! When it comes to sizing, both M (47) and ML (50) could potentially work for you, given your height and inseam. However, the ML size might be a better fit considering your inseam length.

The M size typically suits riders between 172-178 cm (5'7"-5'8") with an inseam of 79-83 cm (31"-33"). On the other hand, the ML size is recommended for riders between 178-185 cm (5'8"-6'1") with an inseam of 83-88 cm (33"-35").

Since your inseam is at the upper end of the M size range, you might find the ML size more comfortable, as it provides a slightly roomier fit. Ultimately, the best way to determine the perfect size for you is to test ride both options and see which one feels more comfortable and natural.

Remember, the most crucial factor is that you feel confident and comfortable on your bike. Good luck with your purchase, and I hope you enjoy many happy miles on your new Giant TCR Advanced Pro Team Road Bike!

Considering your inseam length, the ML size seems like a better fit. However, it's important to test ride both sizes to determine which one feels more comfortable for you. Confidence and comfort are key when it comes to enjoying your new bike. Good luck with your purchase!