Professional Cycling · Public discussion

Gerolsteiner: "We will take a firm stand."

Started by cyclingheroes · · Last activity · 15 posts · 1,667 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Professional Cycling
Published
15 January 2008
Last activity
19 January 2008
Original author
cyclingheroes
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,667
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Gerolsteiner: "We will take a firm stand."
    cyclingheroes.infoid1101.html

  2. e.Gerolsteiner's Tom Stamsijder: "My ultimate goal - the cobblestone classics."
    cyclingheroes.infoid1103.html

  3. cyclingheroes said:

    Gerolsteiner's Tom Stamsijder: "My ultimate goal are the cobblestone classics."

    I like this guy already.

  4. Gerolsteiner's Robert Förster & Matthias Ruß will start their season at Tour Down Undercyclingheroes.infoid1102.html

  5. Davide Rebellin: "I will quit by the end of 2009."

    cyclingheroes.infoid1106.html

  6. Stephan Schreck: "I hope I will be able to take my chance."

    cyclingheroes.infoid1108.html

  7. cyclingheroes, thanks for the brilliant job you've done lately, very much appreciated!

    As for Gerolsteiner, I wonder why Schumi is still there... That guy gives me the creeps... Is he trying to become a new Ullrich? How much drugs is he allowed to take while his mom being a doctor writes TUEs for him?

  8. bambi said:

    cyclingheroes, thanks for the brilliant job you've done lately, very much appreciated!

    As for Gerolsteiner, I wonder why Schumi is still there... That guy gives me the creeps... Is he trying to become a new Ullrich? How much drugs is he allowed to take while his mom being a doctor writes TUEs for him?


    Thanks for the compliment.

    Schumacher: Gerolsteiner wants to get rid of him and there will be talks this week. The problem is that Gerolsteiner has no legal point. WADA skipped amphetamines from the list of prohibited substances during the off-season. So Schumacher will not be banned and officially did not do any wrongdoing. But Holczer doesn't like it and is looking for a way out...

  9. Markus Zberg: "I'm dreaming of winning a classic."

    cyclingheroes.infoid1110.html

  10. cyclingheroes said:

    Thanks for the compliment.

    Schumacher: Gerolsteiner wants to get rid of him and there will be talks this week. The problem is that Gerolsteiner has no legal point. WADA skipped amphetamines from the list of prohibited substances during the off-season. So Schumacher will not be banned and officially did not do any wrongdoing. But Holczer doesn't like it and is looking for a way out...


    Is there any word on what Schumacher tested positive for. Was it ecstasy or coke or what? I can beleive that ecstasy might not have been his fault. Not so much for cocaine, meth, etc.

  11. Bro Deal said:

    Is there any word on what Schumacher tested positive for. Was it ecstasy or coke or what? I can beleive that ecstasy might not have been his fault. Not so much for cocaine, meth, etc.


    Not that I am aware of. German police only said he they found traces of amphetamins.

  12. cyclingheroes said:

    Not that I am aware of. German police only said he they found traces of amphetamins.


    Well, as I recall Ullrich was busted by the traces of amphetamines in the ecstasy he'd had. Why might that not have happened here? It would hardly be unusual if an E was cut with some speed.

  13. Drongo said:

    Well, as I recall Ullrich was busted by the traces of amphetamines in the ecstasy he'd had. Why might that not have happened here? It would hardly be unusual if an E was cut with some speed.


    I think ecstasy itself produces metabolites that trigger a standard test for speed. Maybe there is no way to differentiate.

    It just would not surprise me if he tested positive for ecstasy that he didn't intentionally take. Not that it matters, though. With the current climate in the sport, putting yourself in any position that has the potential to embarrass your team does not seem too smart.

  14. Drongo said:

    Well, as I recall Ullrich was busted by the traces of amphetamines in the ecstasy he'd had. Why might that not have happened here? It would hardly be unusual if an E was cut with some speed.

    The difference is that in 2002 (Ullrich) it was prohibited during the off season. WADA changed its regulations and therefore its not prohibited during the off season anymore. Ullrich received a 6 months ban, Schumacher won't be banned at all for the amphetamins...

  15. Heinrich Haussler: "I hope to go to the classics in top form."
    cyclingheroes.infoid1132.html

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.