rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

GB4 36er or G5, which would you choose?

Started by aspenmike · · Last activity · 13 posts · 380 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
27 December 2005
Last activity
28 December 2005
Original author
aspenmike
Posts
13
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
380
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–13 of 13
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On todays little coker ride, I stopped by the airport. There are so
    _many_
    jets there, it's unbelieveable. Next week there will be more for New
    Years. I took this pic of the GB 4 36er next to a G5 jet. Here are a
    few facts on this G5 jet: Passenger capacity: 10-16
    Two toilets / Washroom fully separated
    Convenient double and single beds
    Conference / Dining area
    Several single VIP seats
    Satellite communication
    State of the art entertainment system
    The Gulfstream V's ability to travel nonstop for 6,500 nautical miles
    at speeds up to Mach 0.885 sets the benchmark for world travel. For the
    first time, nonstop business travel between destinations such as
    *_Aspen_* and Rome, London and Singapore, San Francisco and Moscow, and
    New York and Tokyo is routine.
    It will only get you for about $50 million dollars, but you will have
    to wait in line. I think that someday I would really like to get a ride
    in one, going Mach .885 sounds pretty frickin exciting. Until then,
    I'll spin my GB4 36er up and down the Colorado Rockies at a snails
    pace, with a smile on my face. Happy New Year!😄

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: GB 4 36er with G5001.JPG |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/11302 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    aspenmike
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  2. time to gear that coker up!

    --
    Brian MacKenzie

    'Training Wheel Not Required DVD'
    (http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  3. I'd take the GB4, myself....

    --
    James_Potter

    to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

    michael atkinson
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    James_Potter's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3807
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  4. James_Potter said:

    I'd take the GB4, myself....

    Or you could take the jet and get thousands of GB4s!

    --
    UniTyler
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UniTyler's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6120
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  5. Hey, if you can afford the G5, then you can definitely afford the GB4
    36er in addition to the G5. Why choose? Go with both!

    --
    Gilby
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  6. But, the GB4 fits in my uni-vault so much easier. I, too, would choose
    the GB4 (-as if I had a choice!).-
    Tommy

    --
    Tmornstar

    Tommy Thompson
    -NAUCC, June 30 - July 5, 2006-
    [email hidden]
    Memphis Unicycle Club
    http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  7. the exact speed of Mach is a function of air temperature. That would
    mean that according to your description, the top speed of the plane is
    variable depending on what kind of day it is? 😕

    --
    flyer
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    flyer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9894
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  8. Based on observation, the engine driving the one-wheeled machine is more
    powerful than the one driving the jet.

    --
    U-Turn

    Weep in the dojo... laugh on the battlefield.
    'LiveWire Unicycles' (http://www.livewireunicycles.com)
    'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'
    (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albup39)
    '29er Tire Study' (http://u-turn.unicyclist.com/29erTireStudy/)
    'New York Unicycle Club' (http://www.newyorkunicycle.com)
    -- Dave Stockton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U-Turn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/691
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  9. Brian MacKenzie said:

    time to gear that coker up!

    What else do I need?

    Quoted message said:

    Based on observation, the engine driving the one-wheeled machine is more
    powerful than the one driving the jet.

    Only when it is sitting there U-Turn

    Quoted message said:

    the exact speed of Mach is a function of air temperature.

    Is that a function of elevation?

    Quoted message said:

    Why choose? Go with both!

    Yeah! right on.

    The owner likes the Dallas Cowboys, nice star on the tail.

    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    |Filename: GB 4 36er with G5-2001.JPG |
    |Download: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/11313 |
    +-------------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    aspenmike
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    aspenmike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3768
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  10. I have family in Denver, next time I see them I want to go on a ride
    with you, :p Do you have an extra Coker?

    --
    redhead

    "Watch me do that agein!" Shaun E. Johanneson

    -Party hard unicycle harder
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    redhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9985
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  11. I gotta say, given an either/or decision, I'd hafta go with the G5. I
    love unicycles but a jet with transcontinental range would get me and
    my custom 29er anywhere in the world I might want to ride.

    I've had the rare privelege of travelling in both of the jets that the
    company I work for has. A Lear and a Westwind. Don't know the model
    number of either. The Lear is wicked fast. Flies at 45,000 ft. and
    once, when I was on board, the Mach meter was pointing at 0.92. The
    Westwind is much better on the creature comfort end of the scale but
    slower. You absolutely can't beat a Gulfstream for out and out luxury
    though. And that transcon range is something that I'd be really
    interested in. Ah, to be wealthy😎

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  12. BTW. That is one sweet unicycle you've got there.😉

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

  13. flyer said:

    the exact speed of Mach is a function of air temperature. That would
    mean that according to your description, the top speed of the plane is
    variable depending on what kind of day it is? 😕

    Right you are.

    Here's what I found on Ask.com;

    The Mach number (M) refers to the method of measuring airspeed that was
    developed by the Austrian physicist Ernst Mach. It is used to indicate
    flight velocities in high-speed flight and is related to the speed of
    sound. The actual speed of sound varies depending on the altitude above
    sea level because sound travels at slightly different speeds at
    different temperatures, and the temperature varies according to
    altitude. At sea level, the speed of sound is about 761 miles per hour
    (1,225 kilometers per hour). At 20,000 feet (6,096 meters), the speed
    of sound is 660 miles per hour (1,062 kilometers per hour).

    --
    underdog

    'I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody
    tell you different' - Kurt Vonnegut
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    underdog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6197
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/45627

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.