http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/trek-bicycle-corporation-kills-off-gary-fisher-bicycles-26615
That's kinda too bad as I liked what they were doing with their road bike design features...
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Bike buying advice · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/trek-bicycle-corporation-kills-off-gary-fisher-bicycles-26615
That's kinda too bad as I liked what they were doing with their road bike design features...
I guess it's nice to know that my bike no longer exists...nominally. I'm a little confused.
I have a lower end GF mountain bike nicknamed "squeaky bike" by my friends because of how much noise it makes. I don't complain though because the slower people on the single track can hear me coming and know to get out my way. 😄
Like you say a bit of a bummer to see an end to the brand.
The current line up still exists, it's just that all the bikes now have "Trek" written all over them and not Gary Fisher....They've already redesigned the website:
Trek Bikes | Bikes | Gary Fisher Collection
Come on, give the guy some credit!!! If it weren't for Gary Fisher carbon fiber bikes as they are today wouldn't be around. Trek owes a lot to Gary Fisher's pioneering but I guess they have a bigger priority on marketing...
^^ Yeah, it doesn't appear to be as bad as I thought at first blush...Trek doesn't have to compete with the GF name in the future - they'll all just be Treks now...
This really hits me hard. I like Trek's (I have two of them), but I worked in bike shops in the late 80's and early 90's and really always loved the GF brand. He had some great mountain bikes throughout the years: The original do anything Montare, the Composite Alum main triangle/cro mo stay CR-7, the original Tange Prestige framed Pro Caliber...etc, etc. To me it's like an era passing away.
I guess things (and corporations) change though. Closing are the days of the original small mountain biking pioneer bike makers like Fishers, Cunninghams, Ritcheys, Breeze etc.
Sigh............
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.