Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

FSA cranks: ISO or JIS taper?

Started by Anthony DeLorenzo · · Last activity · 4 posts · 762 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
15 October 2006
Last activity
16 October 2006
Original author
Anthony DeLorenzo
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
762
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I grabbed a set of no-longer-made FSA square taper cranks from my LBS
    for a new build. FSA doesn't make them anymore, of course, and don't
    provide any tech info on their website for them.

    I'm having a chainline problem, with these cranks on a (quite narrow)
    110mm bottom bracket they are still too far outside. I just suddenly
    realized that the problem could be that I'm using a Shimano (JIS)
    square taper BB with cranks that could be ISO/campy tapers. This would
    mean that they aren't going far enough onto the spindle.

    Anyone know what taper FSA used, or how I would measure to find out? If
    they are, in fact, ISO taper how many mm will the cranks move in if I
    change to an ISO bottom bracket?

    Thanks,
    Anthony

  2. Anthony DeLorenzo said:

    I grabbed a set of no-longer-made FSA square taper cranks from my LBS
    for a new build. FSA doesn't make them anymore, of course, and don't
    provide any tech info on their website for them.

    I'm having a chainline problem, with these cranks on a (quite narrow)
    110mm bottom bracket they are still too far outside. I just suddenly
    realized that the problem could be that I'm using a Shimano (JIS)
    square taper BB with cranks that could be ISO/campy tapers. This would
    mean that they aren't going far enough onto the spindle.

    Anyone know what taper FSA used, or how I would measure to find out? If
    they are, in fact, ISO taper how many mm will the cranks move in if I
    change to an ISO bottom bracket?

    Thanks,
    Anthony

    did you try emailing them for answers ?

  3. Anthony DeLorenzo said:

    I grabbed a set of no-longer-made FSA square taper cranks from my LBS
    for a new build. FSA doesn't make them anymore, of course, and don't
    provide any tech info on their website for them.

    I'm having a chainline problem, with these cranks on a (quite narrow)
    110mm bottom bracket they are still too far outside. I just suddenly
    realized that the problem could be that I'm using a Shimano (JIS)
    square taper BB with cranks that could be ISO/campy tapers. This would
    mean that they aren't going far enough onto the spindle.

    Anyone know what taper FSA used, or how I would measure to find out? If
    they are, in fact, ISO taper how many mm will the cranks move in if I
    change to an ISO bottom bracket?

    Thanks,
    Anthony

    JIS and use a shorter BB..like a 107 or 103mm..shimano or TA. BUT
    ensure the cranks are torques on and then measure chainline, center of
    BB shell to middle of the rings...about 45-47mm.

  4. Qui si parla Campagnolo said:

    JIS and use a shorter BB..like a 107 or 103mm..shimano or TA. BUT
    ensure the cranks are torques on and then measure chainline, center of
    BB shell to middle of the rings...about 45-47mm.

    They did have some ISO x 102 mm. I had a set. The crank had "iso"
    somewhere on it but I've forgotten the exact location.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.