Is it true that virtually no one in Italy ever eats fresh pasta? I am told
that Italians prefer packaged dry pasta.
Richard
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Is it true that virtually no one in Italy ever eats fresh pasta? I am told
that Italians prefer packaged dry pasta.
Richard
Richard said:Is it true that virtually no one in Italy ever eats fresh pasta? I am told
that Italians prefer packaged dry pasta.
You sound as though that surprises you. I would think that dry
(dried?) noodles of all kinds are a lot more available and convenient
and used than fresh, all around the world. -aem
Richard said:Is it true that virtually no one in Italy ever eats fresh pasta? I am told
that Italians prefer packaged dry pasta.Richard
That would be like saying "Americans prefer (fill in the blank)". It's
a big country, and I'd think that there are individual preferences
wherever you go. I'm sure the RFC'ers living in Italy could give you
more in depth replies, but coming from an Italian family, and having
spent a lot of time in Italy both visiting them and traveling, I've
certainly had my share of fresh pasta. It's still the thing to serve
on Sundays (as a first course, of course) in my great-aunt's house.
Sandy
Richard said:Is it true that virtually no one in Italy ever eats fresh pasta? I
am told that Italians prefer packaged dry pasta.
Fresh pasta, if you make it yourself, is a fair amount of work. You
also can't make most of the shapes that require extrusion dies.
Brian
--
If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
won't shut up.
-- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)
Italians eat pasta at least once a day.
I have friends who eat pasta both at lunch and dinner so "the deal" is with
dried pasta because it is cheaper.
Anyway almost every grocery shop here sell daily made fresh pasta like
tortellini, ravioli, gnocchi and most of the time they are very good and
you do not have to mess up with homemade pasta.
I buy potatoes gnocchi almost every thursday and ravioli or tortellini
twice a week
I think it's quite the average in Italy.
Ciao, Guido
--
__________________________________________
http://www.yummyfood.net
Quick and easy international recipes
<[email hidden]> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:
Richard said:Is it true that virtually no one in Italy ever eats fresh pasta? I am
told
that Italians prefer packaged dry pasta.Richard
That would be like saying "Americans prefer (fill in the blank)". It's
a big country, and I'd think that there are individual preferences
wherever you go. I'm sure the RFC'ers living in Italy could give you
more in depth replies, but coming from an Italian family, and having
spent a lot of time in Italy both visiting them and traveling, I've
certainly had my share of fresh pasta. It's still the thing to serve
on Sundays (as a first course, of course) in my great-aunt's house.Sandy
A little Italian folklore:
when i was in High school we went to visit Athen and greece
we found a classmate carrying 2 packs spaghetti in his baggage....
I said: "we aint going in Sahara desert! aint we?"
He replied: "ya never know" ;->
Guido
--
__________________________________________
http://www.yummyfood.net
Quick and easy international recipes
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.