Your Bloody Soap Box · Public discussion

for the most part, you guys are snobs

Started by imanidiot · · Last activity · 21 posts · 2,531 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Your Bloody Soap Box
Published
25 July 2006
Last activity
26 July 2006
Original author
imanidiot
Posts
21
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,531
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 21
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. another idiot american who i'm sure you will assume is just lance bandwagon idiot schmuch....but good thing there is a rant section here, so even the idiot is allowed to speak.

    i don't get it. when i go onto a blog or forum about other professional sports, i rarely see people deriding, dissing and snobbing out newbies at the rate it happens here and on every other cycling forum i've been to. in other sports, they generally welcome new people to their sport and are delighted to share knowledge and expertise. so what if you actually ride and i don't....so what if you can put out 500 watts while i'm sitting on my butt watching the tDF and don't get it. so what if everybody is doping but you're the only one who knows it and anybody who thinks such and such rider isn't doping is naive. wtf is your problem? i love watching professional athletes do amazing things and i am constantly explaining how special it is to the uninitiated. my girlfried was a sports hater her whole life. it was really easy to show her how amazing pro baseball players are and how cool it is to be a fan. with cycling, it was really easy to show her how amazing pro cyclists are and it ends there. she's just a tiny case study. she LOVES cycling and gets really into it. she hates you guys and you know who you are. sorry to all the nice ppl here. and yes i know...if i don't like it, leave. i will. but hey, this section of the forums said something about rants so i ranted.

  2. OK, but that Mr. Snob His Exhaulted Highness,to you. 😄

  3. jhuskey said:

    OK, but that Mr. Snob His Exhaulted Highness,to you. 😄


    hey, i didn't say you didn't have a sense of humor...that's pretty funny.

  4. hello imanidiot,

    i like bike

    do you like bike

    go bike

    yea bike

    bike is fun

    -----------
    Scotty_Dog
    (keeping it simple for the idiots)

  5. I've got a bike
    You can ride it if you like
    It's got a basket
    A bell that rings
    And things to make it look good
    I'd give it to you if I could
    But I borrowed it

  6. 2FAST4U said:


    Husk is one of the good guys....There are a few others too. I hear a couple of other good guys got kicked off of here once upon a time...So as long as you don't say anything good about Americans, Bush or Armstrong...you'll be just fine....😉


    no, i realize that. and i thought the Husk comment was hilarious and said so. i was just frustrated and ranted. there are lots of not jerk ppl here.

  7. imanidiot said:

    I've got a bike
    You can ride it if you like
    It's got a basket
    A bell that rings
    And things to make it look good
    I'd give it to you if I could
    But I borrowed it

    😄 - Thanks anyway.

    Once you get past the blind hate and negativity of a few of the forum members, it can be a rather informative place.

    (sticks nose back up in the air)

  8. Scotty_Dog said:

    😄 - Thanks anyway.

    Once you get past the blind hate and negativity of a few of the forum members, it can be a rather informative place.

    (sticks nose back up in the air)

    if you guys don't stop being so clever and funny i might have to change my mind. why are you doing this to me? i was so enjoying hating you.

  9. 2FAST4U said:

    No...many jerk people here....

    How about this little ditty?

    Banned boys, banned boys
    What you gonna do?
    What you gonna do when they come for you?

    I knew you would like it!

  10. jhuskey said:

    How about this little ditty?

    Banned boys, banned boys
    What you gonna do?
    What you gonna do when they come for you?

    I knew you would like it!

    i don't get it

  11. imanidiot said:

    i don't get it

    2fast does.

  12. Hi,

    yep I agree. Loads of snobs in cycling, go for a ride and some jerks won't even say hi, even though some of the time my gear and bike is of more value, there's some sort of [censored] [censored] that goes on in the minds of some cyclists - but it's in every sport and every profession.

    There is one total [censored] in my town, decked out in his Trek gear with his matching bike, won't say hi to anyone while he rides - he's got this "I'm about to win the Tour look on his face", but this is on lonely country roads. Yes, he may be timing himself or whatever, but you aint gonna lose much time with the nod of you head! I'll chase him down next time I see him.

  13. 2FAST4U said:

    So as long as you don't say anything good about Americans, Bush or Armstrong...you'll be just fine....😉

    hahaha, soo true.

  14. GROUP HUG GROUP HUG!

    He he he. I'm not really sure what this snobby cycling thing is all about - perhaps Boonen's comment on cyclists being new age soldiers has some truth to it.

    One man on a bicycle is fun - two men on bicycles is a race!!!!

  15. 2FAST4U said:

    yeah...poor Iamanidiot...Such a nice, sincere person just trying to express himself here....Too bad there are so many jerk people here....🙁

    You are wishing for the old days when there were cool dudes like Zapper.

  16. janiejones said:

    Hi,

    yep I agree. Loads of snobs in cycling, go for a ride and some jerks won't even say hi, even though some of the time my gear and bike is of more value, there's some sort of [censored] [censored] that goes on in the minds of some cyclists - but it's in every sport and every profession.

    There is one total [censored] in my town, decked out in his Trek gear with his matching bike, won't say hi to anyone while he rides - he's got this "I'm about to win the Tour look on his face", but this is on lonely country roads. Yes, he may be timing himself or whatever, but you aint gonna lose much time with the nod of you head! I'll chase him down next time I see him.


    oh man, that such a funny word...[censored]. i don't even know what it means and i laugh everytime my aussie friends call someone that name.

    and i'm w/the OP. i came over to road biking from mtn biking and was amazed at how shi$$y many people here are to other people of differing opinions.

  17. 2FAST4U said:

    I've seen his name thrown around here and there...He must have been awesome....

    He was da man.

  18. TrekDedicated said:

    He was da man.

    HEY.....what happend to my posts????Then seem to have vanished...must be those jerk people...iamanidiot spoke of...

  19. 2FAST4U said:

    HEY.....what happend to my posts????Then seem to have vanished...must be those jerk people...iamanidiot spoke of...


    They probably got eliminated.

  20. 2FAST4U said:

    HEY.....what happend to my posts????Then seem to have vanished...must be those jerk people...iamanidiot spoke of...


    ***MODERATED***

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.