General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Flame me if you've heard this. : o )

Started by George Cherry · · Last activity · 12 posts · 257 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 August 2005
Last activity
18 August 2005
Original author
George Cherry
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
257
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Walking on cobblestones has greater health
    benefits than walking on smooth surfaces. Since
    I heard about this, I've been walking on the rocky
    beaches in Maine rather than the smooth beaches.

    You can read about Cobblestone Walking on

    http://www.ori.org/Media/pressreleases/cobblestone_june05.x.pdf

    Of course, you'll need a PDF reader. They are free.

    If you really want to push the envelope, then Breathwalk
    on a cobblestone street. Try doing it with your eyes
    closed. (Thrilling!)

    GWC

  2. "George Cherry" wrote ...

    Quoted message said:

    Walking on cobblestones has greater health
    benefits than walking on smooth surfaces. Since
    I heard about this, I've been walking on the rocky
    beaches in Maine rather than the smooth beaches.

    You can read about Cobblestone Walking on

    http://www.ori.org/Media/pressreleases/cobblestone_june05.x.pdf

    Of course, you'll need a PDF reader. They are free.

    If you really want to push the envelope, then Breathwalk
    on a cobblestone street. Try doing it with your eyes
    closed. (Thrilling!)


    Well my wife's tells me I'm about to go shopping in Guildford High Street so
    it's pleasing to know it will give me some benefit.
    (for those that don't know it's built up a steep hill and is cobbled)

    --
    Regards
    Bob
    In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London

  3. "Bob Hobden" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "George Cherry" wrote ...

    Quoted message said:

    Walking on cobblestones has greater health
    benefits than walking on smooth surfaces. Since
    I heard about this, I've been walking on the rocky
    beaches in Maine rather than the smooth beaches.

    You can read about Cobblestone Walking on

    http://www.ori.org/Media/pressreleases/cobblestone_june05.x.pdf

    Of course, you'll need a PDF reader. They are free.

    If you really want to push the envelope, then Breathwalk
    on a cobblestone street. Try doing it with your eyes
    closed. (Thrilling!)


    Well my wife's tells me I'm about to go shopping in Guildford High Street
    so it's pleasing to know it will give me some benefit.
    (for those that don't know it's built up a steep hill and is cobbled)

    Go for it!

    Dr. Candace Royer, Director of Physical Education at MIT said, "Breathwalk
    is a simple but elegant method for altering moods and state of mind. I use
    it
    in my general walking class at MIT and have found students to be very
    receptive to the techniques. Personally, I use the principles almost every
    time I walk anywhere, for an exercise or relaxation effect. Quite
    sincerely,
    it works!"

    Best Wishes,

    George Cherry

  4. "George Cherry" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Dr. Candace Royer, Director of Physical Education at MIT said, "Breathwalk
    is a simple but elegant method for altering moods and state of mind. I
    use it
    in my general walking class at MIT

    Interesting, I always thought MIT was one of the USA's better educational
    establishments. I'm rather surprised you have to teach students how to walk.

    Roy.

  5. In article <[email hidden]>, Roy <roy@?.?> writes

    Quoted message said:


    Interesting, I always thought MIT was one of the USA's better educational
    establishments. I'm rather surprised you have to teach students how to walk.


    I suspect George would agree that it is not rocket science🙂

    --

    Russ Clare

  6. [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    You can read about Cobblestone Walking on

    http://www.ori.org/Media/pressreleases/cobblestone_june05.x.pdf

    Of course, you'll need a PDF reader. They are free.

    If you really want to push the envelope, then Breathwalk
    on a cobblestone street. Try doing it with your eyes
    closed. (Thrilling!)


    Flippin' 'eck. First he wants us to breathe while we're walking; now he
    wants us to do it on cobblestones. Where can I get platform walking
    boots?
    --
    To reply see 'from' in headers; lose the domain, and insert dots and @
    where common sense dictates.

  7. "Roy" <roy> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "George Cherry" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Dr. Candace Royer, Director of Physical Education at MIT said,
    "Breathwalk
    is a simple but elegant method for altering moods and state of mind. I
    use it
    in my general walking class at MIT

    Interesting, I always thought MIT was one of the USA's better educational
    establishments. I'm rather surprised you have to teach students how to
    walk.

    LOL! Yeah, the students are intellectuals not athletes. : o )

    GWC

  8. "Russ Clare" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, Roy <roy@?.?> writes

    Quoted message said:


    Interesting, I always thought MIT was one of the USA's better educational
    establishments. I'm rather surprised you have to teach students how to
    walk.


    I suspect George would agree that it is not rocket science🙂

    And rocket science is not science; it's engineering.
    BTW, only about half of the students in the class of 2009
    are selecting engineering as their major.

    GWC

  9. "Fran" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] said...

    Quoted message said:

    You can read about Cobblestone Walking on

    http://www.ori.org/Media/pressreleases/cobblestone_june05.x.pdf

    Of course, you'll need a PDF reader. They are free.

    If you really want to push the envelope, then Breathwalk
    on a cobblestone street. Try doing it with your eyes
    closed. (Thrilling!)


    Flippin' 'eck. First he wants us to breathe while we're walking; now he
    wants us to do it on cobblestones. Where can I get platform walking
    boots?

    Yep, and with your eyes closed. (It's good for certain
    parts of your brain responsible for balance.) I also
    like to walk backwards--for a different proprioceptive
    experience.

    GWC

  10. Roy' roy said:

    Interesting, I always thought MIT was one of the USA's better educational
    establishments. I'm rather surprised you have to teach students how to walk.

    probably want to chew gum at the same time.
    ---------------------
    Remember Glencoe.
    Visit:
    http://members.aol.com/Skyelander/glencoe.html
    ---------------------

  11. "Angus" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Roy' roy said:

    Interesting, I always thought MIT was one of the USA's better educational
    establishments. I'm rather surprised you have to teach students how to
    walk.

    probably want to chew gum at the same time.

    Shhh. That's what they have to do for the final exam.

    GWC

  12. "George Cherry" wrote

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    You can read about Cobblestone Walking on

    http://www.ori.org/Media/pressreleases/cobblestone_june05.x.pdf

    Of course, you'll need a PDF reader. They are free.

    If you really want to push the envelope, then Breathwalk
    on a cobblestone street. Try doing it with your eyes
    closed. (Thrilling!)


    Flippin' 'eck. First he wants us to breathe while we're walking; now he
    wants us to do it on cobblestones. Where can I get platform walking
    boots?

    Yep, and with your eyes closed. (It's good for certain
    parts of your brain responsible for balance.) I also
    like to walk backwards--for a different proprioceptive
    experience.

    So let me get this right, you want me to do rhythmic deep breathing
    exercises whilst walk backwards up Guildford High Street on the cobbles with
    my eyes shut.
    Presumably everyone then bets on when I'm going [censored] over [censored]. :-)

    --
    Regards
    Bob
    In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.