Bike Cafe · Public discussion

Fell in love with road cycling.

Started by Redwaz · · Last activity · 12 posts · 2,799 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike Cafe
Published
11 June 2017
Last activity
25 May 2018
Original author
Redwaz
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,799
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After years of sitting on one's [censored], had the opportunity to cycle to work and life has change dramatically, fitter and much poorer.
    Second hand bike of eBay then upgrade wheels, cassette and bits and bobs. Just chuffed I have done it all myself. Paid for the local bike shop to service bike before that and that was a shambles.

    Hello cycling world.

  2. Welcome to the cycling world!

    It's a blast reviving and old bike. I had a guy ask me if I wanted to buy an old bike years ago. An old Bianchi for $40. It was really sad looking but functioned well enough. Sadly it was not my size but fit my wife like a glove. Dropped a few hundred into it, new wheels, hoods, cables, rear der, and other stuff, it turned out to be a great bike. Wife rode it for years before buying a full carbon. Though the carbon is lighter for her in the later miles of a ride, she says the ride quality of the steel bike is better and the bike has a soul of its own. She had never heard the phrase 'steel is real'. She has had offers to sell it since she doesn't not ride it often but she won't sell! 😄

    She has also set her best times on a 40 mile ride (18.1 mph average) on this steel bike vs her full carbon roadie. Of course, that may have to do with age being 10 years later. :p

    Image in Fell in love with road cycling.

    Image in Fell in love with road cycling.

    Image in Fell in love with road cycling.

  3. I like cycling too. It's helped keep me fit and healthy. Who knew using it every day can keep you feeling young even at your late 40's? I'm glad I'm able to continue an active lifestyle through the use of it.

  4. I miss my bike in the province. because of lack of space and it's really hard to bring it here in my apartment. I just have a limited days to use my bike. is just only during weekends, and yeah, it's really fun the road biking.

  5. Been loving my bikes and this great sport for 40+ years, I never get tired of throwing my leg over the top tube and going for a spin.

  6. I still remember the first time I rode the bicycle on the road by myself - was very nervous but it was a great experience and will never forget that feeling!

  7. I first fell in love with cycling when I was in highschool, I used to ask a friend neighbor, a fellow BMX rider, who was good cycling buddy of mine to ride my BMX to my school after class and I would ride it back home with him standing on step knots attached to the back. We use to do that every friday afternoon and it was a good 20 kilometer run, I was young and my endurance level was very high then, we always ended up eating a couple of burgers near my home.

  8. I've been stuck in the city for a while, and road cycling is actually a great experience and you also get to explore various things in the city and places you normally wouldn't have gone to when not cycling.

  9. Hey that's pretty fantastic! I'm glad you've fallen in love with this fantastic hobby/sport/form of transportation; whatever you want to call it! I'm not much of a road cycler myself, as I prefer mountain biking, but cycling is cycling no matter where you do it. I originally started cycling back when I was in high school. My school was too close to drive to, yet too far to walk, so naturally the best middle ground was cycling there. After cycling every day for four years, it just became an integral part of my day.

  10. I'm glad that you found the joy that is in cycling. This is one thing that I enjoy doing that even at a point, I don't even feel like letting go when I ride. Sometimes also, I even try riding just for fun and it has veen good to me.

  11. treecko142 said:

    I've been stuck in the city for a while, and road cycling is actually a great experience and you also get to explore various things in the city and places you normally wouldn't have gone to when not cycling.

    I quite agree with you in the sense that road cycling is the way that you get to ride to places that even cars won't have taken you to. It is always a happy moment when I am out there riding for it makes me feel complete and on top of the world.

  12. Who's not gonna fall in love with road cycling. This is my only way to enjoy the life in our province and to escape the boredom. I feel free and I think I"m flying when the strong winds hits my body while I'm on the middle of the road, the air is fresh and cold, is pretty amazing feeling.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.