General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Fancy French food - ?"Faugra"? ??

Started by Woodchuck · · Last activity · 14 posts · 896 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
26 August 2007
Last activity
27 August 2007
Original author
Woodchuck
Posts
14
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
896
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–14 of 14
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi. Recently on a pod-cast I heard about an exclusive French dish
    which I don't how to spell (since I don't know French). If i want to
    spell from the sounds of English letters it would be something like
    "Faugra". I also know that it is very fancy and exclusive and it is
    made from chicken liver and onions. I would be grateful if someone
    knows how to spell it so I can find some information on it from the i-
    net. Just using the description I can't seem to find anything about
    it.
    Greetings🙂

  2. "Woodchuck" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Hi. Recently on a pod-cast I heard about an exclusive French dish
    which I don't how to spell (since I don't know French). If i want to
    spell from the sounds of English letters it would be something like
    "Faugra".

    Foie gras.

    nancy

  3. Woodchuck said:

    Hi. Recently on a pod-cast I heard about an exclusive French dish
    which I don't how to spell (since I don't know French). If i want to
    spell from the sounds of English letters it would be something like
    "Faugra". I also know that it is very fancy and exclusive and it is
    made from chicken liver and onions. I would be grateful if someone
    knows how to spell it so I can find some information on it from the i-
    net. Just using the description I can't seem to find anything about
    it.
    Greetings🙂

    Google for "foie gras" and you'll find more than you ever wanted to
    know. -aem

  4. That's what I was looking for. Thanks for the answers🙂🙂🙂

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Woodchuck said:

    Hi. Recently on a pod-cast I heard about an exclusive French dish
    which I don't how to spell (since I don't know French). If i want to
    spell from the sounds of English letters it would be something like
    "Faugra". I also know that it is very fancy and exclusive and it is
    made from chicken liver and onions. I would be grateful if someone
    knows how to spell it so I can find some information on it from the i-
    net. Just using the description I can't seem to find anything about
    it.
    Greetings🙂

    From my online dictionary:

    foie gras
    noun
    short for pâté de foie gras .

    pâté de foie gras
    noun
    a smooth rich paste made from fattened goose liver.
    ORIGIN French.

  6. Dan Abel said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Woodchuck said:

    Hi. Recently on a pod-cast I heard about an exclusive French dish
    which I don't how to spell (since I don't know French). If i want to
    spell from the sounds of English letters it would be something like
    "Faugra". I also know that it is very fancy and exclusive and it is
    made from chicken liver and onions. I would be grateful if someone
    knows how to spell it so I can find some information on it from the i-
    net. Just using the description I can't seem to find anything about
    it.
    Greetings🙂

    From my online dictionary:

    foie gras
    noun
    short for pâté de foie gras .

    pâté de foie gras
    noun
    a smooth rich paste made from fattened goose liver.
    ORIGIN French.

    Yabut, foie gras is the fattened liver of a duck or a goose from which
    a pâté is sometimes made. I've eaten both.
    --

    modom

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  7. W piękny wiosenny poranek dnia Sun, 26 Aug 2007 13:18:51 -0500, istota
    zwiewna znana jako modom (palindrome guy) napisała:

    Quoted message said:

    Yabut, foie gras is the fattened liver of a duck or a goose from which a
    pâté is sometimes made. I've eaten both. --


    Duck foie gras is my favourite - served on crackers with a pinch of Dead
    Sea salt (optional).

    It's great to have French cooks in my family ;-)

    Fel

    --
    http://felinity.jogger.pl/

  8. Felinity said:

    - served on crackers with a pinch of Dead
    Sea salt (optional).

    Oh gawd...............give me a break. If I put six varieties of
    salt on the table, I defy you to identify each any every one of them.
    Dead Sea salt..............Pulllleeze........you wouldn't know that
    from Mortons!! Your attempt to impress only exagerates your
    pretension....and an ounce of pretention is worth a pound of [censored].

  9. W piękny wiosenny poranek dnia Sun, 26 Aug 2007 16:58:58 -0400, istota
    zwiewna znana jako Ward Abbott napisała:

    Quoted message said:

    (cut the bisonshit)


    You must often hear a 'plonk' sound over your head.

    -------------------------------

    For all, non-trolls out there -
    hi there and greetings from Poland - I'm just browsing your newsgroup in
    search for new inspiration for my cooking. Successful so far.

    Fel

    --
    http://felinity.jogger.pl/

  10. Felinity said:

    from Poland

    that explained everything!

  11. One time on Usenet said:


    "Woodchuck" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Hi. Recently on a pod-cast I heard about an exclusive French dish
    which I don't how to spell (since I don't know French). If i want to
    spell from the sounds of English letters it would be something like
    "Faugra".

    Foie gras.

    nancy

    Some of today's post make me feel like Alan Funt is going to spring
    up at any time...

    --
    Jani in WA

  12. "Little Malice" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:
    One time on Usenet said:


    "Woodchuck" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Hi. Recently on a pod-cast I heard about an exclusive French dish
    which I don't how to spell (since I don't know French). If i want to
    spell from the sounds of English letters it would be something like
    "Faugra".

    Foie gras.

    Quoted message said:

    Some of today's post make me feel like Alan Funt is going to spring
    up at any time...

    Heh! I wasn't sure, but you know I was thinking it.

    nancy

  13. Ward Abbott said:
    Felinity said:

    - served on crackers with a pinch of Dead
    Sea salt (optional).

    Oh gawd...............give me a break. If I put six varieties of
    salt on the table, I defy you to identify each any every one of them.
    Dead Sea salt..............Pulllleeze........you wouldn't know that
    from Mortons!! Your attempt to impress only exagerates your
    pretension....and an ounce of pretention is worth a pound of [censored].

    A couple of weeks ago, I bought some Vietnamese salt at the Hong Kong
    Market (I love that store). I bought the Vietnamese salt because it has
    no additives. I use salt water to irrigate my sinuses. I am not
    irrigating right now, because I have a sinus infection. I have not tried
    it, but I thought I would taste it and see if it tasted differently.

    Becca

  14. In article <[email hidden]>,

    (Little Malice) said:
    One time on Usenet said:


    "Woodchuck" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    Hi. Recently on a pod-cast I heard about an exclusive French dish
    which I don't how to spell (since I don't know French). If i want to
    spell from the sounds of English letters it would be something like
    "Faugra".

    Foie gras.

    nancy

    Some of today's post make me feel like Alan Funt is going to spring
    up at any time...

    I thought faux gras was Olestra...

    Cindy, ever the wiseacre

    --
    C.J. Fuller

    Delete the obvious to email me

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.