Hello I am 43 and have heart disease. Recently I had two episods of sycope. I get light headed,
feels like a butterfly in my chest, and I pass out. My Dr. put me In the Hospital and did a heart
Cath. there had been no changes in the progression of disease, for once 🙂 He called in a partner
who did and EP study, all went well, untill he tilted the table into and upright position and I was
having chest pain so he stoped the test. My Dr had suspected maybe scaring at the nodes as I had
triple bypass surgery last year and a emergency re-do bypass three months after the first, however
the sycope was not recreated in the EP study, And I was under the Impression all is well. Yesterday
I had another episod of passing out, the same symptoms as the first two. I am now wondering how
difinitive the EP study is. does any one know is this the gold standard testing for this type of
problem. Are there any other tests that could be recommended? I am concerned about this and have had
Injury to my back with the previous fainting, as well as bang to my head and split to my eyebrow
with yesterdays episode. Any sugesstions would be respectfully received . Thank you
General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion
EP Study Question for any health Care/or Dr.
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- General fitness, health and nutrition
- Published
- 28 December 2003
- Last activity
- 13 January 2004
- Original author
- Dms
- Posts
- 8
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,074
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
"DMS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:
Hello I am 43 and have heart disease. Recently I had two episods of sycope. I get light headed,
feels like a butterfly in my chest, and I pass out. My Dr. put me In the Hospital and did a heart
Cath. there had been no changes in the progression of disease, for once 🙂 He called in a partner
who did and EP study, all went well, untill he tilted the table into and upright position and I
was having chest pain so he stoped the test.This is a tilt-table test rather than an "EP study".
Quoted message said:
My Dr had suspected maybe scaring at the nodes as I had triple bypass surgery last year and a
emergency re-do bypass three months after the first, however the sycope was not recreated in the
EP study, And I was under the Impression all is well. Yesterday I had another episod of passing
out, the same symptoms as the first two. I am now wondering how difinitive the EP study is.A tilt-table is far from definitive and imho, was an inappropriate test for your history.
Quoted message said:
does any one know is this the gold standard testing for this type of problem.
An electrophysiological (EPS) study.
Quoted message said:
Are there any other tests that could be recommended?
EPS
Quoted message said:
I am concerned about this and have had Injury to my back with the previous fainting, as well as
bang to my head and split to my eyebrow with yesterdays episode. Any sugesstions would be
respectfully received .Would suggest you get a second opinion from another electrophysiologist (who is likely going to do
an EPS for you).Quoted message said:
Thank you
You are welcome :-)
Humbly,
Andrew
--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD Board-certified Cardiologist heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.comOpen ↗ -
Please follow Dr Chungs advice. I am a cardiology technician not a cardiologist. While you have
given just a bit of information on your cardiac condition it is more than enough to know that with
your history of coronary artery disease, arrhythmia would most probably the first thing an EP would
check for in a patient.It is most important that you get a second opinion. And have an EP study. The
test you had was a tilt table test for neurocardiogenic syncope. -
"DMS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Hello I am 43 and have heart disease. Recently I had two episods of sycope. I get light headed,
feels like a butterfly in my chest, and I pass out. My Dr. put me In the Hospital and
didQuoted message said:
a heart Cath. there had been no changes in the progression of disease, for once 🙂 He called in a
partner who did and EP study, all went well, untill he tilted the table into and upright position
and I was having chest pain so he
stopedQuoted message said:
the test. My Dr had suspected maybe scaring at the nodes as I had triple bypass surgery last year
and a emergency re-do bypass three months after
theQuoted message said:
first, however the sycope was not recreated in the EP study, And I was under the Impression all is
well. Yesterday I had another episod of passing out, the same symptoms as the first two. I am now
wondering how difinitive the EP study is. does any one know is this the gold standard testing for
this type of problem. Are there any other tests that could be recommended? I am concerned about
this and have had Injury to my back with the previous fainting, as well as bang to
myQuoted message said:
head and split to my eyebrow with yesterdays episode. Any sugesstions would be respectfully
received . Thank you -
DMS said:
"DMS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Hello I am 43 and have heart disease. Recently I had two episods of sycope. I get light headed,
feels like a butterfly in my chest, and I pass out. My Dr. put me In the Hospital and
didQuoted message said:
a heart Cath. there had been no changes in the progression of disease, for once 🙂 He called in
a partner who did and EP study, all went well, untill he tilted the table into and upright
position and I was having chest pain so he
stopedQuoted message said:
the test. My Dr had suspected maybe scaring at the nodes as I had triple bypass surgery last
year and a emergency re-do bypass three months after
theQuoted message said:
first, however the sycope was not recreated in the EP study, And I was under the Impression all
is well. Yesterday I had another episod of passing out, the same symptoms as the first two. I am
now wondering how difinitive the EP study is. does any one know is this the gold standard
testing for this type of problem.You've had the "gold standard."
Quoted message said:
Are there
Quoted message said:
any other tests that could be recommended?
Would suggest you ask about being given an event recorder. The fanciest one can be implanted.
Quoted message said:
I am concerned about this and
Quoted message said:
have had Injury to my back with the previous fainting, as well as bang to
myQuoted message said:
head and split to my eyebrow with yesterdays episode. Any sugesstions would be respectfully
received .That would be nice for a change (not writing about you but in reference to the anti-christians
here at SMC).Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Thank you
You are quite welcome :-)
Humbly,
Andrew
--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.comOpen ↗ -
MD/PhD said:
DMS said:
"DMS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
Hello I am 43 and have heart disease. Recently I had two episods of sycope. I get light headed,
feels like a butterfly in my chest, and I pass out. My Dr. put me In the Hospital and
didQuoted message said:
a heart Cath. there had been no changes in the progression of disease, for once 🙂 He called in
a partner who did and EP study, all went well, untill he tilted the table into and upright
position and I was having chest pain so he
stopedQuoted message said:
the test. My Dr had suspected maybe scaring at the nodes as I had triple bypass surgery last
year and a emergency re-do bypass three months after
theQuoted message said:
first, however the sycope was not recreated in the EP study, And I was under the Impression all
is well. Yesterday I had another episod of passing out, the same symptoms as the first two. I
am now wondering how difinitive the EP study is. does any one know is this the gold standard
testing for this type of problem.You've had the "gold standard."
Quoted message said:
Are there
Quoted message said:
any other tests that could be recommended?
Would suggest you ask about being given an event recorder. The fanciest one can be implanted.
Quoted message said:
I am concerned about this and
Quoted message said:
have had Injury to my back with the previous fainting, as well as bang to
myQuoted message said:
head and split to my eyebrow with yesterdays episode. Any sugesstions would be respectfully
received .That would be nice for a change (not writing about you but in reference to the anti-christians
here at SMC).Totally unnecessary comment. Please try limiting your comments to cardiology - don't feed the fire.
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
Thank you
You are quite welcome :-)
Humbly,
Andrew
-
Quoted message said:
MD/PhD said:
DMS said:
"DMS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
"]news:[email hidden]...
> Hello I am 43 and have heart disease. Recently I had two episods of sycope. I get light
> headed, feels like a butterfly in my chest, and I pass out. My Dr. put me In the Hospital and
did
> a heart Cath. there had been no changes in the progression of disease, for once 🙂 He called
> in a partner who did and EP study, all went well, untill he tilted the table into and upright
> position and I was having chest pain so he
stoped
> the test. My Dr had suspected maybe scaring at the nodes as I had triple bypass surgery last
> year and a emergency re-do bypass three months after
the
> first, however the sycope was not recreated in the EP study, And I was under the Impression
> all is well. Yesterday I had another episod of passing out, the same symptoms as the first
> two. I am now wondering how difinitive the EP study is. does any one know is this the gold
> standard testing for this type of problem.You've had the "gold standard."
Quoted message said:
Are there
> any other tests that could be recommended?Would suggest you ask about being given an event recorder. The fanciest one can be implanted.
Quoted message said:
I am concerned about this and
> have had Injury to my back with the previous fainting, as well as bang to
my
> head and split to my eyebrow with yesterdays episode. Any sugesstions would be respectfully
> received .That would be nice for a change (not writing about you but in reference to the anti-christians
here at SMC).Totally unnecessary comment.
In your opinion.
Quoted message said:
Please try limiting your comments to cardiology - don't feed the fire.
Being that I am obeying God, I do not fear "the fire."
Humbly,
Andrew
--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
heartmdphd.comheartmdphd.comOpen ↗ -
Quoted message said:
Quoted message said:
That would be nice for a change (not writing about you but in reference to the anti-christians
here at SMC).Totally unnecessary comment. Please try limiting your comments to cardiology - don't feed the fire.
Why not buy Usenet, name yourself King, and then you can make any rules you want.
DARPA will be glad to assist you in the sale.
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.govap010301.htmlOpen ↗ Lift well, Eat less, Walk fast, Live long.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.