Quoted message said:
[email hidden] (J DASH ME) wrote in message
news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Zub, you are the weakest link and eliminated for being retarded, goodbye.
Actually, you're the poster child for my position. Look where you are
today. You're an excellent athlete who is intelligent enough to
realize that taking dope has long-term negative effects that aren't
worth the risk or the benefits. You got into the sport when you were
young, probably believing that it was "clean" for the most part and
that the most naturally-talented and well-trained rider would prevail.
But when you got to the international big leagues, something happened.
You didn't progress to the very top. You were talented enough to grab
a win here and there, but despite your superior abilities, training,
and ambition, it didn't happen. You realized that it was due to
something else - dope - and you railed against it. You believed the
marketing on dope testing that it would "purify" the sport and
convinced yourself it would work so that you could achieve your goals.
You desperately wanted to salvage the work you'd put into the sport.
But it was a false dream. You saw guys you knew were dirty pass test
after test, winning races you knew that you could have won. You saw
some of your friends get falsely accused of doping (due to testing
errors and unreliable tests) and have no way of fighting it. You saw
more and more money go towards paying for testing, more and more
sponsorships dry up as athletes were branded as "cheaters". You became
disillusioned.
What if you'd looked the pro side of the sport with your eyes wide
open from the start? Knowing that drug use was part of the sport and
keeping on a level playing field? You'd have likely used your
intellect and said, "this is stupid, I'm going to get a degree and go
into a profession where I don't have to dope to compete". You'd have
known.
Zub
Actually, you are partly right BUT still, mostly wrong.
I got 5th in the Olympics - 100 percent clean. Almost had a medal, pretty
happy with that. Wouldn't have been happy if I won and took [censored]. Just won
the World Cup in Moscow last month so "still standing, still strong" and the
sport gets cleaner every month. They are catching so many guys now that
"depends diapers" are selling like mad cuz all the cheats are [censored] their
pants. Four years ago, check out how many people they were busting - now look,
virtually every week there is a new list of the recently suspended.
New testing is working and catching up!!!
The dark evil days are coming to an end and that is why I have my young Team.
They will have a much cleaner and safer time to race than me.
I have survived probably the biggest doping phase of this sport (1995-2004) and
I am happy with the decisions I have made.
USADA and WADA still don't do things exactly the way I would but they are
improving.
As for those guys that fail drug tests and claim that they are falsely labeled,
I say [censored]. I seriously doubt it. I have been tested since 1985, have
been on the NAN list since then and I have never failed a test. How can I pass
a 100+ tests without a false positive?