rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

EenWiel.nl - New dutch website

Started by DustinSchaap · · Last activity · 12 posts · 281 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
21 August 2006
Last activity
22 August 2006
Original author
DustinSchaap
Posts
12
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
281
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–12 of 12
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. FOR THE DUTCH UNICYCLISTS WHO DON'T READ THE DUTCH FORUM:
    (Scroll down for translation)

    Beste eenwieleraar,

    Vandaag is de opening van Nederlands jongste eenwieler pagina!
    EenWiel.nl biedt beginnende rijders een nieuwe kijk op eenwieleren met
    artikels over street, muni, freestyle, trials en afstandrijden en
    ervaren rijders de gelegenheid om meer kennis over hun sport op te
    doen.

    Deze maand op EenWiel.nl:

    * Interview: Dustin Schaap interviewt niemand minder dan Kris Holm
    * Recensies: Hoe goed is Nimbus gel?
    * Nieuws: Voor het eerst eenwielers in Skatepark Hasselt
    * Rijstijlen: MUni, Trials en Afstandrijden
    * Onderzoek: Fietser of voetganger?
    * Unicon XIII: Drie medailles en een heleboel foto's

    EenWiel.nl wordt dagelijks vernieuwd en heeft elke week nieuwe
    recensies. Uniek op EenWiel.nl zijn de maandelijkse interviews, met
    deze maand Kris Holm en volgende maand de maker van de nieuwste
    eenwielers, Florian Schlumpf.

    Met vriendelijke groet,

    Dustin Schaap
    Eigenaar van EenWiel.nl
    [email hidden]

    TRANSLATION FOR YOU INTERESTED ENGLISH PEOPLE:

    Dear unicyclists,

    Today is the opening of the youngest Dutch webpage! EenWiel.nl offers
    beginning riders a complete new view of unicycling with articles on
    street, MUni, trials, freestyle and distance riding, EenWiel.nl also
    offers experienced riders to get more knowledge of their sport.

    This month on EenWiel.nl:

    * Interview: Dustin Schaap interviews no one less than Kris Holm
    * Reviews: How good is Nimbus gel?
    * News: First time unicyclists ride in Skatepark Hasselt
    * Articles: MUni, Trials and Distance riding
    * Research: Cyclist or pedestrian?
    * Unicon XIII: Three medals and plenty of photo's

    EenWiel.nl gets updated daily and has new reviews every week. Unique on
    EenWiel.nl are the monthly interviews, with this month Kris Holm and
    next month, the designer of geared unicycles: Florian Schlumpf.

    All the best,

    Dustin Schaap
    Owner of EenWiel.nl
    [email hidden]

    --
    DustinSchaap

    Sponsored by 'MUNICYCLE.COM' (http://municycle.com) and 'SEMCYCLE'
    (http://semcycle.nl)
    ● 10km u19 ● marathon u19 ● expert marathon

    "I want bigger nipples." - *Roger Davies*
    "Can I quote you on that?" - *Paul Royle*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  2. that spunds quite cool. Will it also be in English?

    --
    mornish

    tobbogonist said:

    that was neat, now i only have to put it to use.
    parents banned my uni due to low school marks so if there are any nerds
    out there with a kind heart, i have a psychology assignment that is a
    few weeks over due, it is on intelligence.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mornish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11658
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  3. mornish said:

    that spunds quite cool. Will it also be in English?

    If it's a succes I'll be doing it in english too yeah, all the original
    interviews are in English anyway, so that would actually save me quite
    a bit of translating :p

    --
    DustinSchaap

    Sponsored by 'MUNICYCLE.COM' (http://municycle.com) and 'SEMCYCLE'
    (http://semcycle.nl)
    ● 10km u19 ● marathon u19 ● expert marathon

    "I want bigger nipples." - *Roger Davies*
    "Can I quote you on that?" - *Paul Royle*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  4. I'll start learning dutch...
    I wanna read that Kris Holm interview.

    --
    ivan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  5. My photo's on the homepage 😄

    --
    paul royle
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    paul royle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5572
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  6. Babelfish helped, but still has many errors. What the HECK does this
    mean: If you would have choose:

    10 Or does a-who-leather walk?
    Then I would know certainly for a-who-leather molars, but if you would
    ask ‘a-who-leather ones or bergbeklimmen?’

    ???

    In dutch:
    10. Wandelen of eenwieleren?
    Dan zou ik zeker weten voor eenwieleren kiezen, maar als je zou vragen
    ‘Eenwieleren of bergbeklimmen?’

    I want to know what a-who-leather molars means :P. Im guessing that
    EenWiel means one wheel or unicycle.

    --
    Eroick

    'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  7. Eroick said:

    10. Wandelen of eenwieleren?
    Dan zou ik zeker weten voor eenwieleren kiezen, maar als je zou vragen
    ‘Eenwieleren of bergbeklimmen?’

    10. Hiking or unicycling?
    I would surely choose unicycling, but if you would ask 'unicycling or
    mountain climbing'?

    Now this has been translated from the original English (the interview
    was done in English) to Dutch, then back to English. Dustin (or Kris)
    can compare the two versions.

    Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
    --
    "I'm slowly but surely stealing Wales and bringing it back to my house on the wheel, frame and cranks of my muni. - phil"

  8. paul royle said:

    My photo's on the homepage 😄

    Indeed, sorry I had to slightly cover your face with the text mate, I
    thought it was a rather good photo.

    Eroick said:

    I want to know what a-who-leather molars means :P. Im guessing that
    EenWiel means one wheel or unicycle.

    EenWiel means OneWheel, I've copied the bit of the original interview
    here:

    10. IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE: HIKING OR UNICYCLING?

    -I would choose unicycling over hiking, but if you asked me to choose
    climbing or unicycling, that would be a very difficult question to
    answer. Both sports have been very big influences in my life.-

    If you guys want I can put the english version on my site, so you can
    check it out.

    Cheers,

    Dustin Schaap

    --
    DustinSchaap

    Sponsored by 'MUNICYCLE.COM' (http://municycle.com) and 'SEMCYCLE'
    (http://semcycle.nl)
    ● 10km u19 ● marathon u19 ● expert marathon

    "I want bigger nipples." - *Roger Davies*
    "Can I quote you on that?" - *Paul Royle*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  9. The website looks nice. Too bad you want that much information in
    order to register. Why can't I register without my birthdate or mobile
    telephone number?

    Sybren
    --
    The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
    capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
    safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Frank Zappa

  10. DustinSchaap said:


    If you guys want I can put the english version on my site, so you can
    check it out.

    Yes, please!

    --
    ivan
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ivan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12759
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  11. Ok guys, I've uploaded the english version of the Kris Holm interview!

    You can see it here:
    http://www.eenwiel.nl/index.php?menuid=4&pageid=19

    Sybren Stuvel said:

    The website looks nice. Too bad you want that much information in order
    to register. Why can't I register without my birthdate or mobile
    telephone number?

    The information field has already been changed yesterday, it still
    needs your birthday though. You can't register without it because it's
    information I need, when you join the Dutch/Belgian unicyclist database
    you agree to put your details on the internet, no one is forcing you to
    join.

    Cheers =D

    Dustin Schaap

    --
    DustinSchaap

    Sponsored by 'MUNICYCLE.COM' (http://municycle.com) and 'SEMCYCLE'
    (http://semcycle.nl)
    ● 10km u19 ● marathon u19 ● expert marathon

    "I want bigger nipples." - *Roger Davies*
    "Can I quote you on that?" - *Paul Royle*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DustinSchaap's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12614
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/52311

  12. DustinSchaap enlightened us with:

    Quoted message said:

    The information field has already been changed yesterday, it still
    needs your birthday though. You can't register without it because
    it's information I need

    Fair enough. Still you didn't tell me why, though.

    Quoted message said:

    when you join the Dutch/Belgian unicyclist database you agree to put
    your details on the internet, no one is forcing you to join.

    You might want to alter the layout of the page, so that it's clear in
    advance which fields are obligatory.

    Sybren
    --
    The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be a
    capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the
    safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Frank Zappa

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.