Arellcat said:I was thinking of attaching the horn to the side of Speedy's seat, but
my bottlecages are already mounted down there so I'm not sure if
there's enough space. My steering column is already crowded with the
computer and switch/wiring for the lights, but there might be a way.
Either it is all attached to the seat, or to the chassis - it would be
handy if the bottle and horn were detachable. I daresay I could
*make* them detachable however.
Mine already is! The horn clips onto the handlebar mount (You'd need a
length of appropriately sized tubing somewhere), and the reservoir
either sits in a bottle cage or is attached via the velcro pad. To take
it with you, remove the bottle, untangle the air tube and pop off the horn.
Quoted message said:Yes, this is precisely why it's taken me so long to buy one. I didn't
(and don't) want to get into the habit of blasting at everything, but
perhaps reserving it for the occasions when I'm about to be squashed.
If I'm riding at 29-30mph (i.e., the local speed limit) and someone
decides to pull out in front of me from a junction, thinking "it's
only a cyclist, there's plenty of time", is that a good time to hit
the horn, or if I've anticipated the danger, should I be hitting the
brakes instead?
You don't want to use it, if it prevents you from controlling your bike
/ trike. However, after an emergency brake or swerve has brought the
situation under control, a healthy blast should make them a little more
aware.
The hardest one for me to resist will be in the summer when the windows
are open. Detach horn. Point in through driver's window. PARP! ;-)
Jon