General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Dominos new "Brooklyn style" pizza?!?

Started by Andy · · Last activity · 44 posts · 632 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
2 May 2007
Last activity
7 May 2007
Original author
Andy
Posts
44
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
632
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 44
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Andy

  2. "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
    it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Rich Corinthian Leather.

    Hasta,
    Curt Nelson

  3. Curt Nelson said:

    Rich Corinthian Leather.

    When was the last time you saw a baron drive a LeBaron?

  4. "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
    it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Andy

    Hey Andy. Get with the program.

    Domono's SUCKS.

    Oh, wait, you're jumping on the bandwagon.

    Never mind.

  5. KevinS said:
    Curt Nelson said:

    Rich Corinthian Leather.

    When was the last time you saw a baron drive a LeBaron?

    I could have sworn he drove a Cordoba, or was that the little guy Tattoo:

    http://timstvshowcase.com/fantisle6.jpg

    --
    wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

  6. Andy said:


    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Not sure I can describe it accurately, but I've had several very good
    pizzas in Brooklyn and they were a bit different than those in other
    areas.

    Quoted message said:


    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    No, I'm sure there really is a Brooklyn style pizza, however what
    Dominos produces won't even remotely resemble it.

    Quoted message said:


    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Yes, but that's their natural state...

  7. On Wed, 2 May 2007 19:51:29 -0400, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
    it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Andy

    Hey Andy. Get with the program.

    Domono's SUCKS.


    <just wondering>
    Did Domino's really get to be so popular by being BAD? If it's
    popular, then how can their naysayers be right? Somebody likes them
    and I want NAMES!

    LOLOL

    --
    See return address to reply by email

  8. On Thu, 03 May 2007 02:59:29 GMT, "Pete C." <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:


    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Not sure I can describe it accurately, but I've had several very good
    pizzas in Brooklyn and they were a bit different than those in other
    areas.

    Quoted message said:


    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    No, I'm sure there really is a Brooklyn style pizza, however what
    Dominos produces won't even remotely resemble it.

    Quoted message said:


    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Yes, but that's their natural state...

    Growing up in Brooklyn (Canarsie), I take offense to that remark :-)
    At any rate, my feeling about pizza was already posted in another
    thread and, yes, IMO, the best pizza in the world comes out of
    Brooklyn. If Domino's is able to match it, I don't know. I do know
    that in some areas of the country, Domino's is the best pizza in town
    :-( At least Domino's has Pizza Hut beat by the proverbial country
    mile.

    David

  9. said...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 2 May 2007 19:51:29 -0400, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
    it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Andy

    Hey Andy. Get with the program.

    Domono's SUCKS.


    <just wondering>
    Did Domino's really get to be so popular by being BAD? If it's
    popular, then how can their naysayers be right? Somebody likes them
    and I want NAMES!

    LOLOL

    There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around Philly, I
    have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.

    Andy

  10. David said:

    At least Domino's has Pizza Hut beat by the proverbial country
    mile.

    And, where I live, our local Pizza Hut is better than Dominos, IMO.
    Must be some people like them both. 🙂

    --
    Zilbandy

  11. Andy said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Andy

    I was over my buddys house the first time I saw it. He is a Brooklyn
    native and I have spent lots of time there. We agreed that we had never
    heard of "Brooklyn style" pizza.

    They do show a browned pizza which is an unusual concept for Dominos.
    Maybe someone who works there had a pizza someplace in Brooklyn and it
    was properly cooked and they decided its "Brooklyn style".

  12. sf said:

    On Wed, 2 May 2007 19:51:29 -0400, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
    it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Andy


    Hey Andy. Get with the program.

    Domono's SUCKS.


    <just wondering>
    Did Domino's really get to be so popular by being BAD? If it's
    popular, then how can their naysayers be right? Somebody likes them
    and I want NAMES!

    LOLOL


    Two reasons:

    A lot of people have never had a good pizza so they don't have a frame
    of reference.

    Wonderbread, sugary sauces and industrial food that always looks the
    same every time are popular.

  13. Andy said:


    There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around Philly, I
    have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.

    Andy

    As far as I know there are only 2 Dominos in my area. I frequently pass
    one of them and I don't know how they pay their bills because you never
    see anyone carrying anything out and usually the counter kid is just
    leaning in the counter. Meanwhile the Mon & Pop places are always bustling.

  14. "George" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:


    There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around Philly, I
    have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.

    Andy

    As far as I know there are only 2 Dominos in my area. I frequently pass
    one of them and I don't know how they pay their bills because you never
    see anyone carrying anything out and usually the counter kid is just
    leaning in the counter. Meanwhile the Mon & Pop places are always
    bustling.

    Delivery rocks.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  15. <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Wed, 2 May 2007 19:51:29 -0400, "cybercat" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "Andy" <q> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
    it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Andy

    Hey Andy. Get with the program.

    Domono's SUCKS.


    <just wondering>
    Did Domino's really get to be so popular by being BAD? If it's
    popular, then how can their naysayers be right? Somebody likes them
    and I want NAMES!

    LOLOL

    I like them. 🙂

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

  16. cybercat said:

    "George" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:

    There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around Philly, I
    have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.

    Andy


    As far as I know there are only 2 Dominos in my area. I frequently pass
    one of them and I don't know how they pay their bills because you never
    see anyone carrying anything out and usually the counter kid is just
    leaning in the counter. Meanwhile the Mon & Pop places are always
    bustling.

    Delivery rocks.


    Sure, but the real pizza places know how to do that too.

  17. David said:
    Pete C. said:

    Andy wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    What the heck is a Brooklyn style pizza?

    Quoted message said:

    Not sure I can describe it accurately, but I've had several very good
    pizzas in Brooklyn and they were a bit different than those in other
    areas.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Dominos just invented it to fool the publik. Right?!?

    Quoted message said:

    No, I'm sure there really is a Brooklyn style pizza, however what
    Dominos produces won't even remotely resemble it.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The good citizens of Brooklyn must be pizzed!

    Quoted message said:

    Yes, but that's their natural state...

    Growing up in Brooklyn (Canarsie), I take offense to that remark :-)

    He wouldn't dare say that in Brooklyn, not unless he wanted a quick
    trip to a Noo Joisey landfill, inna trunk of a green Lincoln.

    Quoted message said:

    At any rate, my feeling about pizza was already posted in another
    thread and, yes, IMO, the best pizza in the world comes out of
    Brooklyn.

    Actually there is no such thing as Brooklyn pizza per se, because the
    _only_ pizza comes out of Brooklyn, the only real pizza is Brooklyn
    pizza, it's a given.... but the best of the best comes from L & B:
    http://www.spumonigardens.com/photos.asp

    If Domino's is able to match it, I don't know. I do know

    Quoted message said:

    that in some areas of the country, Domino's is the best pizza in town
    :-(  At least Domino's has Pizza Hut beat by the proverbial country
    mile.

    I tried Pizza Hut again just last week for the first time in 15 years
    (a new one just opened nearby), their product is worse than I remember
    it, much worse... anyway that is NOT pizza, no way, no how... a grease
    laden cellulose sponge in its last throes of stove top wiping ready
    for the trash is a much more accurate description... so much grease
    ooozing out the bottom they gotta call that fried dough, no way was it
    baked. Before going I printed out a coupon off their web site for two
    large pies/$20... a ten mile trip so I figured I'd freeze one.
    Calling those tiny frisbee sized disks Large in Brooklyn would get
    yoose C-menta shooze. I managed to choke down most of one tiny slice
    and tossed all the rest into my back yard for the critters... only the
    crows (actually big black [censored] greedy ravens) ate it... musta been
    Brooklyn ravens because they know to properly fold a slice in half
    before doing a grab n' [censored] and flying off. I've tried Dominos too
    (a very long time ago), more like an under toasted english muffin
    slobbered with ketchup with little scabs of fake cheese.

    Sheldon

  18. George said:
    cybercat said:

    "George" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Andy wrote:

    > There are so many great Mom and Pop pizza parlors in and around
    > Philly, I have to drive a few towns away to pass a Dominos.
    >
    > Andy
    As far as I know there are only 2 Dominos in my area. I frequently
    pass one of them and I don't know how they pay their bills because
    you never see anyone carrying anything out and usually the counter
    kid is just leaning in the counter. Meanwhile the Mon & Pop places
    are always bustling.

    Delivery rocks.


    Sure, but the real pizza places know how to do that too.

    I know it's not "real pizza", but I've always wondered how dominoes
    managed to stay in business once Papa John's came into business. It's
    so much better.

    --
    "All of those faeries and duels and mad queens and so on, and no one
    quoted old Billy Shakespeare. Not even once."
    - Billy the Werewolf, The Dresden Files

  19. In article said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    Even when I was still eating wheat-crust pizza, we refused to give one
    cent to Domino's crackpot, dominionist owner and founder of "Ave Maria"
    University & Law School. Maintaining a divine right for a Christian
    USA, religionista Tom Monaghan opposes the separation of church and
    state and has poured hundreds of millions into projects to further his
    wacko extremist agenda. Eating Domino's pizza is very bad for your
    First Amendment health.

  20. "Emma Thackery" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    In article said:

    Leave it to Dominos, I guess...

    I don't know if their new TV commercial is playing in other regions but
    it's
    selling "Philly Cheesesteak" and "Brooklyn style" pizzas.

    Even when I was still eating wheat-crust pizza, we refused to give one
    cent to Domino's crackpot, dominionist owner and founder of "Ave Maria"
    University & Law School. Maintaining a divine right for a Christian
    USA, religionista Tom Monaghan opposes the separation of church and
    state and has poured hundreds of millions into projects to further his
    wacko extremist agenda. Eating Domino's pizza is very bad for your
    First Amendment health.

    Interesting. This is the first I've heard about Domino's owner.

    --
    Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.