General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Decent pair of bino's

Started by MIB · · Last activity · 6 posts · 395 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 April 2005
Last activity
12 April 2005
Original author
MIB
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
395
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi to all

    After a decent set of bins - anyone any thoughts.

    --

    Dave R
    _______________________________
    MIB
    http://www.daveritchie.com

  2. Depends on what you want to spend I suppose. Recently I picked up a pair of
    Praktica 8 x 21 Sports for GBP 7-99 which I thought was a bit of a bargain.

    "MIB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi to all

    After a decent set of bins - anyone any thoughts.

    --

    Dave R
    _______________________________
    MIB
    http://www.daveritchie.com

  3. A couple of suggestions at each end of the price range.

    I regularly use a pair of Swift 10x42 Ultra Lite - £129 at
    www.warehouseexpress.com - also the option of a 8x42.

    I also regualrly use a pair of Swarovski 8.5x42 EL - £920 from
    www.warehouseexpress.com

    Last pair of very expensive but give a fantastic image.

    The first pair are ideal for most people and give a good image.

    Cheers

    Andrew

    "MIB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi to all

    After a decent set of bins - anyone any thoughts.

    --

    Dave R
    _______________________________
    MIB
    http://www.daveritchie.com

  4. i have a brand new pair of these boxed with case and instructions
    http://www.moosegear.com/detail.asp?PID=26081
    exellent german quality
    £125
    posted
    [email hidden]

  5. i have a brand new pair of these
    http://www.moosegear.com/detail.asp?PID=26081
    brand new with case superb german quality built in display showing altitude
    and temperature
    £125
    [email hidden]

    "Andrew Laycock" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    A couple of suggestions at each end of the price range.

    I regularly use a pair of Swift 10x42 Ultra Lite - £129 at
    www.warehouseexpress.com - also the option of a 8x42.

    I also regualrly use a pair of Swarovski 8.5x42 EL - £920 from
    www.warehouseexpress.com

    Last pair of very expensive but give a fantastic image.

    The first pair are ideal for most people and give a good image.

    Cheers

    Andrew

    "MIB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Hi to all

    After a decent set of bins - anyone any thoughts.

    --

    Dave R
    _______________________________
    MIB
    http://www.daveritchie.com

  6. On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:21:58 +0100, "MIB" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Hi to all

    After a decent set of bins - anyone any thoughts.

    Have a look at http://betterviewdesired.com/

    I have the BVD reference binocular Nikon Superior E 8x32, which I
    think are gorgeous, but my wife finds them impossibly heavy.

    An indelible memory for me is the first buzzard I saw through them,
    outlined against a clear blue sky. Wow !

    My wife has Bausch & Lomb Legacy 8x24, which are nice and light, but I
    miss the field of view.

    It's a trade off between money, weight and performance. Take your
    pick, but don't buy them without trying them out.

    I personally don't think that the very cheap ones (I have several
    pairs, sadly) are worth carrying. Try a really good pair & you will
    see. (sorry).

    I bought both pairs (some years apart) at http://www.acecameras.co.uk
    - they have very good stock, very competitive prices and knowledgeable
    salesmen. No pressure, a genuine desire to see you satisfied, and
    they have a (stuffed) owl fixed up the tower of Bath Abbey so you can
    try the glasses for real. Usual disclaimer - just a satisfied
    customer.

    Jim Hutton

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.