Dave Fuentes is the biggest cheating stealing crit monkey in the US in 2004.
Thank you USADA for busting him.
Dave.....GO [censored] YOURSELF.
crit pro
still waiting for my Superweek money, thief.
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Road Cycling · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Dave Fuentes is the biggest cheating stealing crit monkey in the US in 2004.
Thank you USADA for busting him.
Dave.....GO [censored] YOURSELF.
crit pro
still waiting for my Superweek money, thief.
How can he give you any money if he does not know who you are?
I will give you his phone number if you would like to call him and
discuss it.
E-mail me off-line with your real name and I will give you his phone
number.
This is your opportunity to step up to the plate and ask for what you
think you deserve rather than making anonomyous posts.
John Hunt
[email hidden] (crit pro) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:Dave Fuentes is the biggest cheating stealing crit monkey in the US in 2004.
Thank you USADA for busting him.
Dave.....GO [censored] YOURSELF.
crit pro
still waiting for my Superweek money, thief.
Quoted message said:From: [email hidden] (John Hunt)
Date: 8/22/2004 6:51 PM Eastern
How can he give you any money if he does not know who you are?
I will give you his phone number if you would like to call him and
discuss it.
E-mail me off-line with your real name and I will give you his phone
number.
This is your opportunity to step up to the plate and ask for what you
think you deserve rather than making anonomyous posts.
John Hunt
Do you think there is any chance in hell of that happening? It's easy to claim
to be important, and rip people, and be a jackass as long as you're anonymous.
Whether you agree with Matt and Justin it takes balls to speak out and raise
hell when your name is on it. Seems to me that Les raised holy hell with USAC
for good reason, did it in public and lived with the [censored] they threw at him.
It's way too easy to take shots at people when you think you will never have
to answer for it.
Bill C
"TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote -m22.aol.com...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:From: [email hidden] (John Hunt)
Date: 8/22/2004 6:51 PM EasternQuoted message said:How can he give you any money if he does not know who you are?
I will give you his phone number if you would like to call him and
discuss it.
E-mail me off-line with your real name and I will give you his phone
number.
This is your opportunity to step up to the plate and ask for what you
think you deserve rather than making anonomyous posts.Quoted message said:John Hunt
Quoted message said:Do you think there is any chance in hell of that happening? It's easy to
claim
Quoted message said:to be important, and rip people, and be a jackass as long as you're
anonymous.
Quoted message said:Whether you agree with Matt and Justin it takes balls to speak out and
raise
Quoted message said:hell when your name is on it. Seems to me that Les raised holy hell with
USAC
Quoted message said:for good reason, did it in public and lived with the [censored] they threw at
him.
Quoted message said:It's way too easy to take shots at people when you think you will never
have
Quoted message said:to answer for it.
In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot shots
behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like that
deserve no respect whatsoever.
-Ken
Quoted message said:Bill C
"Ken Papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<swaWc.213296
I must say everyone is after an anonomyous "Crit Pro" Why could he be
telling the truth about the sport. Question: Mr Hunt wasn't Mr Dave
"Tito" Fuentes a Whole Athlete that was using the holistic approach.
Is holistic a syringe and a needle. Racers that defend dopers are
dopers period. One is guilty by association. Mr. Hunt weren't you
the only one to hang with admitted busted mountain bike world champ on
EPO at Copperapolis. I guess the watt-o-meter can take you to the
next level. Us young guys have seen that your best riding is after
40!
Ed Meese
$eM2.109311@attbi_s51>...
Quoted message said:"TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote -m22.aol.com...
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:From: [email hidden] (John Hunt)
Date: 8/22/2004 6:51 PM EasternQuoted message said:Quoted message said:How can he give you any money if he does not know who you are?
I will give you his phone number if you would like to call him and
discuss it.
E-mail me off-line with your real name and I will give you his phone
number.
This is your opportunity to step up to the plate and ask for what you
think you deserve rather than making anonomyous posts.Quoted message said:John Hunt
Quoted message said:Do you think there is any chance in hell of that happening? It's easy to
claimQuoted message said:to be important, and rip people, and be a jackass as long as you're
anonymous.Quoted message said:Whether you agree with Matt and Justin it takes balls to speak out and
raiseQuoted message said:hell when your name is on it. Seems to me that Les raised holy hell with
USACQuoted message said:for good reason, did it in public and lived with the [censored] they threw at
him.Quoted message said:It's way too easy to take shots at people when you think you will never
haveQuoted message said:to answer for it.
In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot shots
behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like that
deserve no respect whatsoever.-Ken
Quoted message said:Bill C
"Edwin Meese" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
Quoted message said:
I must say everyone is after an anonomyous "Crit Pro" Why could he be
telling the truth about the sport. Question: Mr Hunt wasn't Mr Dave
"Tito" Fuentes a Whole Athlete that was using the holistic approach.
Is holistic a syringe and a needle. Racers that defend dopers are
dopers period. One is guilty by association.
I'd rather not see the six degrees of doping by association. I might be
guilty, too.
"Edwin Meese" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:"Ken Papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<swaWc.213296
I must say everyone is after an anonomyous "Crit Pro" Why could he be
telling the truth about the sport. Question: Mr Hunt wasn't Mr Dave
"Tito" Fuentes a Whole Athlete that was using the holistic approach.
Is holistic a syringe and a needle. Racers that defend dopers are
dopers period. One is guilty by association. Mr. Hunt weren't you
the only one to hang with admitted busted mountain bike world champ on
EPO at Copperapolis. I guess the watt-o-meter can take you to the
next level. Us young guys have seen that your best riding is after
40!
In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro and Ed Meese (PUSSIES) --
anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot shots
behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like that
deserve no respect whatsoever.
Quoted message said:
Ed Meese$eM2.109311@attbi_s51>...
Quoted message said:"TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote -m22.aol.com...
Quoted message said:>From: [email hidden] (John Hunt)
>Date: 8/22/2004 6:51 PM EasternQuoted message said:> How can he give you any money if he does not know who you are?
I will give you his phone number if you would like to call him and
discuss it.
E-mail me off-line with your real name and I will give you his phone
number.
This is your opportunity to step up to the plate and ask for what you
think you deserve rather than making anonomyous posts.
> John HuntQuoted message said:Do you think there is any chance in hell of that happening? It's easy
to
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:claim
Quoted message said:to be important, and rip people, and be a jackass as long as you're
anonymous.Quoted message said:Whether you agree with Matt and Justin it takes balls to speak out
and
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:raise
Quoted message said:hell when your name is on it. Seems to me that Les raised holy hell
with
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:USAC
Quoted message said:for good reason, did it in public and lived with the [censored] they threw
at
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:him.
Quoted message said:It's way too easy to take shots at people when you think you will
never
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:have
Quoted message said:to answer for it.
In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot
shots
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like
that
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:deserve no respect whatsoever.
-Ken
Quoted message said:Bill C
"Snip"
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot
shotsQuoted message said:Quoted message said:behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like
thatQuoted message said:Quoted message said:deserve no respect whatsoever.
-Ken
> Bill C
How do we know for certain that you're actually Ken? We don't. It's
the internet out there, you can be who you want to be. I might not
be Tom either, although I'm pretty sure that I am. Everyone on here
could be someone else, as we've seen other people post stuff under
other people's names before. The internet is just a place for people
to gather to anonymously bash other people and to talk about people
who they say they hate, but can't seem to stop talking about (see
Lafferty and Lance posts - sorry, just such an obvious one to bring
up) without fear of reprisal. If one is to believe what some others
have written here, Jonas Carney is critpro. But is he? We won't
really know probably ever.
Tom
Ed,
If you read my post, you would see that at no time did I defend Dave
in terms of guilt or innocence.
I do not know if he is guilty or innocent.
I just offered to give crit pro information to get in touch with Dave
to resolve his issues with respect to prize money that he claims he is
due.
I did that because I think that it is wrong to slam someone while
hiding behind a pen name.
You also insinuate that whole athlete is a doping center?
When a rider tests positive does that mean that all of his sponsors
and associates are guilty as well?
Now you attack me and accuse me of using EPO? Come on, I'm [censored] 40!
Spend a week, a month or more riding with me and tell me what I am on!
I train hard, but I am nothing but serious hobby racer hack.
Do you know me? Have you ridden with me or raced against me?
Best racing after 40? Hardly, I am riding about the same as I did from
1997-2001. If you bother to look up past results, you will see that
this is true.
Is Chris Walker on EPO too then? He is older than I, and he can kick
my ass around the block!
True, I do use a watt meter. They are cool. Funny though, a watt meter
doesn't make you go out and ride when it is 40 degrees and raining and
it sure doesn't turn the pedals for you.
John Hunt- Not hiding behind an assumed name and very anti drug
[email hidden] (Edwin Meese) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:"Ken Papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<swaWc.213296
I must say everyone is after an anonomyous "Crit Pro" Why could he be
telling the truth about the sport. Question: Mr Hunt wasn't Mr Dave
"Tito" Fuentes a Whole Athlete that was using the holistic approach.
Is holistic a syringe and a needle. Racers that defend dopers are
dopers period. One is guilty by association. Mr. Hunt weren't you
the only one to hang with admitted busted mountain bike world champ on
EPO at Copperapolis. I guess the watt-o-meter can take you to the
next level. Us young guys have seen that your best riding is after
40!Ed Meese
$eM2.109311@attbi_s51>...
Quoted message said:"TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote -m22.aol.com...
Quoted message said:>From: [email hidden] (John Hunt)
>Date: 8/22/2004 6:51 PM EasternQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> How can he give you any money if he does not know who you are?
I will give you his phone number if you would like to call him and
discuss it.
E-mail me off-line with your real name and I will give you his phone
number.
This is your opportunity to step up to the plate and ask for what you
think you deserve rather than making anonomyous posts.
> John HuntQuoted message said:Do you think there is any chance in hell of that happening? It's easy to
claimQuoted message said:Quoted message said:to be important, and rip people, and be a jackass as long as you're
anonymous.Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Whether you agree with Matt and Justin it takes balls to speak out and
raiseQuoted message said:Quoted message said:hell when your name is on it. Seems to me that Les raised holy hell with
USACQuoted message said:Quoted message said:for good reason, did it in public and lived with the [censored] they threw at
him.Quoted message said:Quoted message said:It's way too easy to take shots at people when you think you will never
haveQuoted message said:Quoted message said:to answer for it.
In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot shots
behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like that
deserve no respect whatsoever.-Ken
Quoted message said:Bill C
"Ken Papai" wrote
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Quoted message said:
In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot
shotsQuoted message said:Quoted message said:behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like
thatQuoted message said:Quoted message said:deserve no respect whatsoever.
-Ken
Ken
you and hold my balls and watch this... can go [censored] each other. How
about the COWARDLY DRUG USERS???? I know their names, their drugs, and
all the details on some very big US Based pro's.
I drink beer with them every Sunday night after another race. They
accept me in their circles everywhere. And I hate the CHEATERS. Every
single one. And I aim to take them all down. So for now, the identity
will remain anonomous.
Go read my favorite website. www.stolenunderground.com. And watch for
some huge USADA news flashes in the next six weeks. This is where it
get's fun!
Crit PRO
I believe you are baiting and switching the issue Ken!
Cowards and Losers are DOPERS!!!!! If you accept racing against and
losing hard earned placings and prize money to dopers, chances are you
are on dope also. Once a pro, Always a pro! Ken dope is closer than
you think! Look around you, racers that quote have incredible months
and then lay low. Gee is that a doping cycle. Non-climbers that are
almost winning climbing races out of the blue! It is pathetic that
masters racing has it fair share of dope. For what! This is the
classic loser, big fish-small pond!
Ken, really learn how to race a bike and not just take obsessive
pictures of bike racers, you would understand the frustration and
anger against dopers.
BAN DOPERS FOR LIFE!
BAN DOPERS FOR LIFE!
BAN DOPERS FOR LIFE!
"Ken Papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<jFSWc.309629$%
_6.18320@attbi_s01>...
Quoted message said:"Edwin Meese" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:"Ken Papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<swaWc.213296
I must say everyone is after an anonomyous "Crit Pro" Why could he be
telling the truth about the sport. Question: Mr Hunt wasn't Mr Dave
"Tito" Fuentes a Whole Athlete that was using the holistic approach.
Is holistic a syringe and a needle. Racers that defend dopers are
dopers period. One is guilty by association. Mr. Hunt weren't you
the only one to hang with admitted busted mountain bike world champ on
EPO at Copperapolis. I guess the watt-o-meter can take you to the
next level. Us young guys have seen that your best riding is after
40!In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro and Ed Meese (PUSSIES) --
anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot shots
behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like that
deserve no respect whatsoever.Quoted message said:
Ed Meese$eM2.109311@attbi_s51>...
Quoted message said:"TritonRider" <[email hidden]> wrote -m22.aol.com...
> >From: [email hidden] (John Hunt)
> >Date: 8/22/2004 6:51 PM EasternQuoted message said:Quoted message said:>> How can he give you any money if he does not know who you are?
> I will give you his phone number if you would like to call him and
> discuss it.
> E-mail me off-line with your real name and I will give you his phone
> number.
> This is your opportunity to step up to the plate and ask for what you
> think you deserve rather than making anonomyous posts.
>> John Hunt> Do you think there is any chance in hell of that happening? It's easy
to
claimQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> to be important, and rip people, and be a jackass as long as you're
anonymous.Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> Whether you agree with Matt and Justin it takes balls to speak out
and
raiseQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> hell when your name is on it. Seems to me that Les raised holy hell
with
USACQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> for good reason, did it in public and lived with the [censored] they threw
at
him.Quoted message said:Quoted message said:> It's way too easy to take shots at people when you think you will
never
haveQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> to answer for it.
In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot
shotsQuoted message said:Quoted message said:behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like
thatQuoted message said:Quoted message said:deserve no respect whatsoever.
-Ken
> Bill C
The bigger question is when will Dave refund the stolen prize money he
cheated his fellow bike racers out of at Superweek in July?
Go to www.internationalcycling.com for the skinny.
He won the Sprinters Jersey. That is a $5000 competition divided by
top 5. So conservatively $2000.
He won at least one stage of the 16 race long series. The daily list
is for $2800, and the winner probably nets around $600.
He placed 11th in the overall classification. That probably means a
few more hundred dollars. So we'll say $3000 so far in the cheat's
pocket.
He placed highly in many of those races, as evidenced by his 11th
overall. So I'll guess another $1000 in stage money. $4000 so far.
He probably took some rich primes. Eddie Van Guys can answer this one.
They have a star * legend for Super Prime days. One thru Five stars.
Schlitz Park was a 5 star day. That means $15,000 in primes in that
100k criterium. I'll guess about $1000 in primes. I bet it is more
like $2000-3000 for Dave the drug Slave Fuentes. So that makes $5000.
$5000 CASH. No taxes. Maybe more. minus the pharmacy fee. minus a few
friends in the races. Still BIG money. Who knows how much he split
back, helping the comeback kid McCook to his best racing in 10 years.
That is money from honest hard working souls who gave their all. This
guy is despicable. He rode like a [censored] ROCKET in July. Busted
earlier for drugs, was still his dirty little secret with each dollar
made. He was sprinting like a madman. It was unreal. He was
making/driving breaks. Like a motorcycle.
This should be a police matter. The Milwaukee Police should
investigate the THEFT of over $5000 from the competitors at Superweek
2004.
Hope your dad reads this, Dave. He must be real proud of what you
have become. A 31 year old bum, who steals to support an illegal drug
habit. A true role model for the hundreds of children who cheered for
you in July. Go away.
Crit Pro
Post a follow-up to this message
[email hidden] (crit pro) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:"Ken Papai" wrote
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:>
> In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
> he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot
shotsQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like
thatQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> deserve no respect whatsoever.
>
> -KenKen
you and hold my balls and watch this... can go [censored] each other. How
about the COWARDLY DRUG USERS???? I know their names, their drugs, and
all the details on some very big US Based pro's.
I never aid I was supporting cheaters.
I DO SUPPORT cheaters who admit their guilt and want to get on with their
profession though.
You being so anonymous can make any hack call you want though.
email me who you are and your secret is safe.
Otherwise you are not to be believed. It is THAT simple.
-Ken
Quoted message said:I drink beer with them every Sunday night after another race. They
accept me in their circles everywhere. And I hate the CHEATERS. Every
single one. And I aim to take them all down. So for now, the identity
will remain anonomous.
Go read my favorite website. www.stolenunderground.com. And watch for
some huge USADA news flashes in the next six weeks. This is where it
get's fun!
I read s-u.com occaisionally. Of course.
-Ken
Quoted message said:
Crit PRO
[email hidden] (Tom Arsenault) wrote in message news:<[email hidden]>...
Quoted message said:"Snip"
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:>
> In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro -- anonymous hacks like
> he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot
shotsQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like
thatQuoted message said:Quoted message said:> deserve no respect whatsoever.
> -Ken
>
> > Bill CHow do we know for certain that you're actually Ken? We don't. It's
That is as RIDICULOUS a statement as it gets Tom.
Quoted message said:the internet out there, you can be who you want to be. I might not
be Tom either, although I'm pretty sure that I am. Everyone on here
could be someone else, as we've seen other people post stuff under
other people's names before. The internet is just a place for people
to gather to anonymously bash other people and to talk about people
who they say they hate, but can't seem to stop talking about (see
Lafferty and Lance posts - sorry, just such an obvious one to bring
up) without fear of reprisal. If one is to believe what some others
have written here, Jonas Carney is critpro. But is he? We won't
Jonas Carney is not critpro. I am not certain though.
Quoted message said:really know probably ever.
Tom
[email hidden] (John Hunt) wrote g.google.com...
Quoted message said:Ed,
If you read my post, you would see that at no time did I defend Dave
in terms of guilt or innocence.
I do not know if he is guilty or innocent.
I just offered to give crit pro information to get in touch with Dave
to resolve his issues with respect to prize money that he claims he is
due.
I did that because I think that it is wrong to slam someone while
hiding behind a pen name.
You also insinuate that whole athlete is a doping center?
When a rider tests positive does that mean that all of his sponsors
and associates are guilty as well?
Now you attack me and accuse me of using EPO? Come on, I'm [censored] 40!
Spend a week, a month or more riding with me and tell me what I am on!
I train hard, but I am nothing but serious hobby racer hack.
Do you know me? Have you ridden with me or raced against me?
Best racing after 40? Hardly, I am riding about the same as I did from
1997-2001. If you bother to look up past results, you will see that
this is true.
Is Chris Walker on EPO too then? He is older than I, and he can kick
my ass around the block!
True, I do use a watt meter. They are cool. Funny though, a watt meter
doesn't make you go out and ride when it is 40 degrees and raining and
it sure doesn't turn the pedals for you.
John Hunt- Not hiding behind an assumed name and very anti drug.
Unfortunately reasoned responses by hard core racers like you John go
over the heads of these anonymous cowardly attack posters.
Using a pen name is the same thing as gang banger taggers messing up
walls with spray paint -- just as juvenile and just as stupid.
See you out there some time John.
-Ken
[email hidden] (Edwin not Meese by ANONYMOUS!!:
Quoted message said:I believe you are baiting and switching the issue Ken!
I am not. I am just calling you out.
Quoted message said:Cowards and Losers are DOPERS!!!!! If you accept racing against and
losing hard earned placings and prize money to dopers, chances are you
are on dope also. Once a pro, Always a pro! Ken dope is closer than
you think! Look around you, racers that quote have incredible months
and then lay low. Gee is that a doping cycle. Non-climbers that are
almost winning climbing races out of the blue! It is pathetic that
masters racing has it fair share of dope. For what! This is the
classic loser, big fish-small pond!
Ken, really learn how to race a bike and not just take obsessive
pictures of bike racers, you would understand the frustration and
anger against dopers.
We'll see. Masters who dope, really? There really are some that
freaking lame and stupid? If true that REALLY takes the cake.
I don't have racing genes. I enjoy racing (it's only like 10,000
times harder than photography) a lot and like to SHARE that through
photography. At one point in time (a stupid phrase I know) I was
thinking of rigging a small pencil cam on my bike and showing what a
non-climber, non-doping, pack fodder viewpoint looks like.
Quoted message said:BAN DOPERS FOR LIFE!
BAN DOPERS FOR LIFE!
BAN DOPERS FOR LIFE!
What if they dope and then admit their mistake?
Still lifetime or just a 1-year ban?
-Ken
Quoted message said:"Ken Papai" <ken@news:<jFSWc.309629$%
_6.18320@attbi_s01>...
Quoted message said:"Edwin Meese" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:"Ken Papai" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:<swaWc.213296
I must say everyone is after an anonomyous "Crit Pro" Why could he be
telling the truth about the sport. Question: Mr Hunt wasn't Mr Dave
"Tito" Fuentes a Whole Athlete that was using the holistic approach.
Is holistic a syringe and a needle. Racers that defend dopers are
dopers period. One is guilty by association. Mr. Hunt weren't you
the only one to hang with admitted busted mountain bike world champ on
EPO at Copperapolis. I guess the watt-o-meter can take you to the
next level. Us young guys have seen that your best riding is after
40!In any case John is right -- scum like crit pro and Ed Meese (PUSSIES) --
anonymous hacks like
he/she is, are the lowest form of life on the newsgroups. Taking pot shots
behind the veil of anonymity is as COWARDLY as one can get. People like that
deserve no respect whatsoever.Quoted message said:
In article <[email hidden]>, K. J.
Papai said:[email hidden] (Edwin not Meese by ANONYMOUS!!:
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Ken, dope is closer than
you think! Look around you, racers that quote have incredible months
and then lay low. Gee is that a doping cycle. Non-climbers that are
almost winning climbing races out of the blue! It is pathetic that
masters racing has it fair share of dope. For what! This is the
classic loser, big fish-small pond!
Quoted message said:We'll see. Masters who dope, really? There really are some that
freaking lame and stupid? If true that REALLY takes the cake.
There are defintely some who dope. There was one in NorCal a few years
ago and I doubt he won more than a few thousand dollars the whole
season. Another one used to be small, then he got all muscular and won
a lot. Then he got small again and didn't win anymore. Everyone in
NorCal racing would recognize their names.
At Masters Nat's they are even more common and there is no testing. The
best part is being clean and going faster than them, if you can. If you
can't go faster than them you're ultimately just racing aginst your own
(clean) potential anyway so that's all you can do.
At least I know that at Masters Worlds some people will get tested for
some things so the playing field will be more level, maybe.
-WG
Quoted message said:From: warren [email hidden]
Quoted message said:At Masters Nat's they are even more common and there is no testing. The
best part is being clean and going faster than them, if you can. If you
can't go faster than them you're ultimately just racing aginst your own
(clean) potential anyway so that's all you can do.At least I know that at Masters Worlds some people will get tested for
some things so the playing field will be more level, maybe.-WG
Crit Pro is totally over the top and needs to stay anonymous or I'd bet that
accidents might happen. That's why I was sort of hoping it was Jonas. He has
never been afraid to speak out, has the credentials to be taken seriously, and
MOST importantly was retiring.
I used to know people who would bust someone's head for a couple of hundred
bucks. I'd bet that several grand and a plausible excuse would motivate some
dopers to run someone up a curb, or into the bales to get rid of them.
I'm not sure where we get the money, but at least top 5 at all Nationals need
to be tested. That way if one or two are positive you've still got winners.
I'd put all the money into testing Jrs and U-23s and make it REAL clear to the
next generation that it was not going to be tolerated. At least by then you'd
have a decent baseline on people's abilities and could test the "late bloomers"
hard.
If I was CritPro I'd be hiding too. Be interesting to see if this person is
"Serpico" or Weekly World News.
Bill C
In article <[email hidden]>, TritonRider
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:From: warren [email hidden]
Quoted message said:At Masters Nat's they are even more common and there is no testing. The
best part is being clean and going faster than them, if you can. If you
can't go faster than them you're ultimately just racing aginst your own
(clean) potential anyway so that's all you can do.At least I know that at Masters Worlds some people will get tested for
some things so the playing field will be more level, maybe.-WG
Crit Pro is totally over the top and needs to stay anonymous or I'd bet that
accidents might happen. That's why I was sort of hoping it was Jonas. He has
never been afraid to speak out, has the credentials to be taken seriously, and
MOST importantly was retiring.
I used to know people who would bust someone's head for a couple of hundred
bucks. I'd bet that several grand and a plausible excuse would motivate some
dopers to run someone up a curb, or into the bales to get rid of them.
That already happens for a few hundred dollars in prizemoney.
Quoted message said:I'm not sure where we get the money, but at least top 5 at all Nationals need
to be tested. That way if one or two are positive you've still got winners.
Even if it was just the top 1 or 3 places there would at least be a
threat of getting caught if somebody got a high place. As it is now
there is no threat, at least not at Masters Nationals and almost
nowhere else.
About 5 years ago at the Masters Track Nat's one well-known masters
woman was asking anyone she could if there would be drug testing, and
this was before the events even started. There wasn't. She raced. She
got another jersey (or two-I forget how many).
There at least needs to be a threat in place to reduce the doping.
-WG
Team McGuire News Updates Back to the Team McGuire Main Page
Orosi Road Race
Kudos to Velo Promo and the outstanding job they did by finding this
gem of a race course, I'm being serious! This was a very challenging
28 mile loop with only about 5 miles of flat ground.
McGuire was there with 6 riders (Kluin, McCook, Fuentes, Klikna,
Dunaway and Beardsley), but it was Webcor that was the big muscle with
8 riders. There was even a showing of 4 Colavita riders that were
training in Bakersfield. In all there were about 40 riders in the
field. The course was very hilly and twisty, and would be tough to
cover moves in the last half of the race.
The race was neutralized for the first 5 miles, but as soon as the
flag dropped, three riders blasted out of the field. They were Roman
Kluin (McGuire), Ben Hauldaman (Webcor) and Rodger Rilling (Colavita).
The rest of the field was content to let them go and rode a pretty
easy pace for the first lap. As we started the second lap, we received
a time split of 12 minutes! This started to panic the rest of the
field who did not put a rider in the break. A few attempts were made
to get the party started, but all attempts were smothered by Webcor
and McGuire. We were content to let the break go and let them sprint
it out for the win. About half way through the second lap, the
Colavita rider came back to us and I knew that it would be tough for
the two leaders to keep their lead for another 40 miles. Just as we
caught the dropped rider, Ted Huang (Webcor) attacked and went clear
pretty fast. There was no chase and Ted was quickly out of sight. It
was a good attack on Ted's part as McGuire just brought back a strong
move by a group of riders. The wind had started to pick up and Roman
would be out numbered if the two Webcor riders got together. Dunaway
had flatted and was in the process of trying to get back to the field.
By this time we were down to just Colin and Dave F to cover Ted. The
opportunity came when Colin attacked and was marked by Mattis
(Webcor). This caused a slowing in what was left of the field so Dave
F attacked at the top of a small hill. Taking took huge risks on the
descents and Dave was soon out of sight of the field. Concentrating
on the road ahead of him and wondering if I had made the right
decision. It proved to be the correct move as he closed the gap to the
Webcor rider. It was a long effort in the wind, but after about 10
miles he bridged the gap.
Working well together and as we got the bell lap, the time gap was 8
minutes to the break, and we were 3:30 from the field. Dave was
feeling more confident as they came out of the hardest section of the
course, then disaster struck. his rear wheel was starting to get soft
– but going slowly so it looked like he could make it to the finish
As they approached the finish, we could see the two leaders starting
their sprint where it was the Webcor rider taking the win after
Roman's shifter jammed as he had to settle for second. As Ted and Dave
started our sprint, Dave broke to the right and started to pull away.
Dave cramped up in his right leg and stopped pedaling. Ted just passed
him right at the line for third.
It was a very good race for McGuire .
Results:
1st Ben Hauldaman (Webcor)
2nd Roman Kluin (McGuire)
3rd Ted Huang (Webcor)
4th Dave Fuentes (McGuire)
5th Kevin Kline
6th James Mattis (Webcor)
7th Patrick Dunaway (McGuire)
8th Jason Klikna (Sierra Nevada)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hanford Criterium
The next day was the Hanford Criterium. This was a beautiful figure
eight course with wide, smooth roads. The City of Hanford genoursly
donated $900 to the prize list.
McGuire was the team to beat, as everybody was worried about McCook
being in the field. McCook had been on a terror lately and was picked
as the favorite to take the win. Our game plan was to try and get Dave
Fuentes up the road in an early break, and if that didn't work, McCook
would be there for the sprint. With extra money up for grabs, they
decided to put it all towards primes. This would guarantee a fast and
exciting race. On the 2nd lap of the race they rang the bell for a
$75 prime. Niko Biskner (Ofoto) ripped away from the field to take the
prime, but in doing so took 3 other riders with him, including Dave F-
Just as Niko took the prime, Fuentes attacked and went clear by
myself opening up a pretty good lead with only 1 rider, Fresno's Brian
Bosch (CVC), getting across . We worked well together as we opened up
a huge lead with McGuire covering everything that tried to go.
We would spend the next 40 miles off the front and would gain a
maximum lead of 1 minute over a McGuire controlled field. Fuentes
easily out sprinted Bosh for the win as McCook proved that he was the
fastest man in the race by taking out the field sprint for third.
Result:
1st Dave Fuentes (McGuire)
2nd Brian Bosh (CVC)
3rd Dave McCook (McGuire)
4th Niko Biskner (Ofoto)
It was a good weekend for the McGuire team and a good boost for the
morale after a tough Snelling/Merced weekend. The team is starting to
gel very well and is looking forward to the McLane Pacific weekend,
the first NRC race of the year.
The McGuire Real Estate Professional Cycling Team rides with Northwave
Revolution Ti shoes.
Check back for more information about the team in the near future.
For sponsorship information: go to Trialtir's Sponsorship Eligibility
page.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.