UK and Europe · Public discussion

Damaged Altura Night Vision

Started by Sam Salt · · Last activity · 7 posts · 698 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
5 October 2006
Last activity
6 October 2006
Original author
Sam Salt
Posts
7
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
698
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–7 of 7
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Took a bit of a tumble today off the tandem.

    Anyway I have ripped the arm of my Altura Night Vision jacket.

    Has anyone repaired one of these or similar ?

    Is it just a case ov covering the hole with fluourescent tape or is
    there a better way?

    Checked the Zyro site for the availability of a repair kit or service
    but there don't appear to be any contact details.

    Sam Salt

  2. "Sam Salt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Checked the Zyro site for the availability of a repair kit or service but
    there don't appear to be any contact details.

    domain is registered to

    Zyro Limited
    Thirsk Industrial Park
    York Road
    Thirsk
    North Yorkshire
    YO7 3BX
    GB

    And a quick web stalk finds their phone number to be 01845 521700

    Email address zyro <at> zyro.co.uk

    Jc.

  3. Josey said:

    "Sam Salt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    Checked the Zyro site for the availability of a repair kit or service but
    there don't appear to be any contact details.

    domain is registered to

    Zyro Limited
    Thirsk Industrial Park
    York Road
    Thirsk
    North Yorkshire
    YO7 3BX
    GB

    And a quick web stalk finds their phone number to be 01845 521700

    Email address zyro <at> zyro.co.uk

    Jc.

    Thanks for that Josey.

    Sam Salt

  4. Sam Salt said:

    Took a bit of a tumble today off the tandem.

    Anyway I have ripped the arm of my Altura Night Vision jacket.

    Has anyone repaired one of these or similar ?

    Is it just a case ov covering the hole with fluourescent tape or is
    there a better way?

    I've repaired jackets (and waterproof trousers) in a couple of ways:

    a) if not worried about waterproofing, then micropore tape (as sold for
    holding dressings onto skin) works incredibly well. I patched some
    waterproof trousers after ripping crossing a fence several years ago and
    that tape is still working (trousers used a fair bit, been washed a few
    times). Similarly, I patched a pertex jacket last winter and its fine.

    b) if bothered about waterproofing, then I suggest the tape sold to repair
    Goretex coats would work. Get it from a good outdoor clothes shop. I have
    used it on a Goretex jacket (in this case it was a wear hole rather than a
    tear) and its held up for several years.

    In both cases, I patch from the inside, carefully drawing the fabric
    together onto the tape. If really bothered, tape the outside as well for
    extra protection. Any patch area won't be breathable anymore, though if the
    repair is only a few square inches, this is unlikely to be noticeable.

    I can't see the makers offering a repair service, though its possible that
    someone advertising repairs to outdoor clothing might be willing to do it
    for you.

    - Nigel

    --
    Nigel Cliffe,
    Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

  5. Nigel Cliffe said:
    Sam Salt said:

    Took a bit of a tumble today off the tandem.

    Anyway I have ripped the arm of my Altura Night Vision jacket.

    Has anyone repaired one of these or similar ?

    Is it just a case ov covering the hole with fluourescent tape or is
    there a better way?

    I've repaired jackets (and waterproof trousers) in a couple of ways:

    a) if not worried about waterproofing, then micropore tape (as sold for
    holding dressings onto skin) works incredibly well. I patched some
    waterproof trousers after ripping crossing a fence several years ago and
    that tape is still working (trousers used a fair bit, been washed a few
    times). Similarly, I patched a pertex jacket last winter and its fine.

    b) if bothered about waterproofing, then I suggest the tape sold to repair
    Goretex coats would work. Get it from a good outdoor clothes shop. I have
    used it on a Goretex jacket (in this case it was a wear hole rather than a
    tear) and its held up for several years.

    In both cases, I patch from the inside, carefully drawing the fabric
    together onto the tape. If really bothered, tape the outside as well for
    extra protection. Any patch area won't be breathable anymore, though if the
    repair is only a few square inches, this is unlikely to be noticeable.

    I can't see the makers offering a repair service, though its possible that
    someone advertising repairs to outdoor clothing might be willing to do it
    for you.

    - Nigel

    Thanks Nigel.

    Sam Salt

  6. Sam Salt said:

    Took a bit of a tumble today off the tandem.

    Is the stoker/pilot okay?

    :-)

  7. "Sam Salt" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    The captain is OK but the stoker is a bit stiff this morning.

    This is NOT said to cause discussion,but her helmet took a right crack on
    the footpath.

    Thanks for enquiring.

    Oooh dear - what happened?

    cheers,
    clive

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.